New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

02-06-2023, 01:53 AM   #23
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Exclamation

With the pairing of the current NBA leading scorer in the 4th quarter, Kyrie Irving and Luka, the leading scorer in the 1st quarter.... Things are about to get reeeeeeeeal interesting in DALLAS!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 04:45 AM   #24
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
With the pairing of the current NBA leading scorer in the 4th quarter, Kyrie Irving and Luka, the leading scorer in the 1st quarter.... Things are about to get reeeeeeeeal interesting in DALLAS!!!
Let’s just hope he comes to work on a daily basis. His performance of late has been stellar, but as many have said this may be due to the fact that he is looking for that max contract. I just think the Nets weren’t ready to offer that because of the amount of games he has missed the past two years. Honestly, if I’m the Nets organization I wouldn’t have offered that type of contract unless I was 100% sure that he was committed to the organization. Now as for the Mavs, I don’t think Kyrie stays after this season. I honestly feel that we wants to be in L.A. with LeBron. Basically, this may end up being a short term rental for the Mavs.
      02-06-2023, 09:10 AM   #25
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I have mixed feelings on this trade.

If Kyrie plays and is old kyrie, its great, even if its only for this season.

If its the new Kyrie, i see this going down in a ball of flames.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      02-06-2023, 01:01 PM   #26
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

And now there's this...

Glad to see Cuban taking a break from Shark Tank and working on another Championship for Dallas!
Attached Images

02-06-2023, 03:24 PM   #27
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Better hope you win a ring this summer and not sign Kyrie to a long term deal. Because if you don’t win a ring and sign him to a contract, beware as he is poison. God forbid the sun and the stars are not aligned his way and he’ll take a 3 week hiatus. What will Mav fans think of him then? Besides, he wants to sign with the Lakers in the off-season so let Lebronics deal with that head case.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 05:50 PM   #28
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Better hope you win a ring this summer and not sign Kyrie to a long term deal. Because if you don’t win a ring and sign him to a contract, beware as he is poison. God forbid the sun and the stars are not aligned his way and he’ll take a 3 week hiatus. What will Mav fans think of him then? Besides, he wants to sign with the Lakers in the off-season so let Lebronics deal with that head case.
I'm not too sure about your assumptions my friend. I believe we will upgrade even further by Thursday. I also believe we will be in the Western Conf Finals at the least.
I also know the history and relationships that Kidd, the head coach and Harrison, the GM have with Kyrie. He will want to be here next year.
I'd sign him then to a 2yr loaded contract.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 06:08 PM   #29
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
That’s my feeling as well. I honestly think he wants to be in L.A. and that’s where he ends up next season. I could be wrong, but my gut tells me otherwise.
      02-06-2023, 06:59 PM   #30
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not too sure about your assumptions my friend. I believe we will upgrade even further by Thursday. I also believe we will be in the Western Conf Finals at the least.
I also know the history and relationships that Kidd, the head coach and Harrison, the GM have with Kyrie. He will want to be here next year.
I'd sign him then to a 2yr loaded contract.
You do realize that this man had disrupted his last three teams right? He was in the prefect setting in Cleveland, wanted to be the captain of his own ship and demanded a trade. Goes to Boston, promises head to toe he would resign and instead bolts for the Nets. Harden gets fat on purpose to get out of Houston to join him and Durant but with Kyrie’s antics, pisses off Harden and then he wants out and goes to Philly.

Now all because he (Kyrie) didn’t get the money he wants to leave and who can blame the Nets? This guy makes Aaron Rodgers look like a choir boy as Kyrie is drama to the max and is his own worst enemy. He is pure poison and having two dominant ball handlers on the same team is a recipe for disaster. However, if he makes you have hope, I wish you the best my friend. Let’s see him prove me and most people wrong.

Last edited by F30lolz; 02-06-2023 at 07:16 PM..
Appreciate 2
GERMAN M34176.50
lakefront560.50
      02-06-2023, 07:30 PM   #31
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
You do realize that this man had disrupted his last three teams right? He was in the prefect setting in Cleveland, wanted to be the captain of his own ship and demanded a trade. Goes to Boston, promises head to toe he would resign and instead bolts for the Nets. Harden gets fat on purpose to get out of Houston to join him and Durant but with Kyrie’s antics, pisses off Harden and then he wants out and goes to Philly.

Now all because he (Kyrie) didn’t get the money he wants to leave and who can blame the Nets? This guy makes Aaron Rodgers look like a choir boy as Kyrie is drama to the max and is his own worst enemy. He is pure poison and having two dominant ball handlers on the same team is a recipe for disaster. However, if he makes you have hope, I wish you the best my friend. Let’s see him prove me and most people wrong.
Exactly....and who here is gonna play any defense? Kyrie has been called the worst teammate in history. That may be extreme but it tells a story. Nobody wants to play with this guy. Even a laid back guy like KD wanted him gone. Finals? Not a chance.
Appreciate 1
F30lolz6798.50
      02-06-2023, 07:40 PM   #32
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
Exactly....and who here is gonna play any defense? Kyrie has been called the worst teammate in history. That may be extreme but it tells a story. Nobody wants to play with this guy. Even a laid back guy like KD wanted him gone. Finals? Not a chance.
Yeah my dirty Knicks won’t be reaching the finals anytime soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 07:52 PM   #33
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, as a Mavs fan I can honestly sit here and say that this trade doesn’t really excite me. Moreover, it concerns me because of his past and history with former teammates. Sure he’s a good player and commands a bit of respect on the floor when he’s playing, but there are to many red flags in my opinion. I guess time will tell how it all plays out, but as an organization I would have looked in a different direction and at different options.
      02-06-2023, 07:58 PM   #34
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Yeah my dirty Knicks won’t be reaching the finals anytime soon.
Makes you wonder how things would have turned out had the Jazz traded Donovan Mitchell to Knicks?

Would prefer Mitchell over Kyrie any day.
      02-06-2023, 08:51 PM   #35
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

The 24th ranked defense traded away 2 of their best/better defenders
I mean they could always try and outscore the other teams to a win
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 09:24 PM   #36
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
The 24th ranked defense traded away 2 of their best/better defenders
I mean they could always try and outscore the other teams to a win
They won't be "trying". They will.

And again... My team isn't finished obtaining players yet.
This might make me grab Season Tickets again.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 01:31 AM   #37
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Makes you wonder how things would have turned out had the Jazz traded Donovan Mitchell to Knicks?

Would prefer Mitchell over Kyrie any day.

Everyone, including myself, didn’t think Jalen Brunson would be this good. However, RJ Barrett has been a disappointment as he’ll never be in the same stratosphere as his draft mates Zion/Morant and they should have dealt him for Mitchell. But remember, Danny Ainge wanted other young Knick players and they balked at the deal. Still, Thibs is the wrong coach IMHO and let’s face it, no ‘superstar’ wants to come to the Knicks (Thanks Dolan) EXCEPT Mitchell.

Being a Knicks fan = Being a Jets fan. Depression!

Quote:
They won't be "trying". They will.

And again... My team isn't finished obtaining players yet.
This might make me grab Season Tickets again.
They have their own number 1’s from 2024-2028 but owe the Knicks this years 1st (https://fanspo.com/nba/teams/Mavericks/7/draft-picks).

Knicks should dump Julius Randle for your #1 2024 and some expiring contracts as I would do that trade in a heartbeat.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 04:41 AM   #38
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Well…..things just got a bit more interesting out In the Western Conference.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-brooklyn-nets
Attached Images

02-09-2023, 06:55 AM   #39
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Well…..things just got a bit more interesting out In the Western Conference.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-brooklyn-nets
I miss the NBA of old.
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      02-09-2023, 07:31 AM   #40
lakefront
Captain
Rep

The Suns just got real.....and the Nets piling up draft choices into the next decade.
Just wondering if these guys can stay healthy....CP3 is what, 36? and Durant 34? Last couple years KJ looked worn out by playoff time.

Last edited by lakefront; 02-09-2023 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 08:12 AM   #41
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The Suns just got real.....and the Nets piling up draft choices into the next decade.
Just wondering if these guys can stay healthy....KJ is what, 36? and Durant 34? Last couple years KJ looked worn out by playoff time.
Nets have a decent team and they’ve replenished their picks from the Harden debacle but their championship window is closed shut unless they make more moves by 3 today.

Not to derail GERMAN M3 thread but Kyrie had a good debut for the Mavs against the Clippers w/o Luka. Let’s see how long the honeymoon lasts.
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      02-09-2023, 08:46 AM   #42
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Nets have a decent team and they’ve replenished their picks from the Harden debacle but their championship window is closed shut unless they make more moves by 3 today.

Not to derail GERMAN M3 thread but Kyrie had a good debut for the Mavs against the Clippers w/o Luka. Let’s see how long the honeymoon lasts.
Oh yeah, Nets are in for the long haul. Kind of a refreshing idea in today's NBA.
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      02-09-2023, 06:23 PM   #43
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I miss the NBA of old.
I miss it as well. To me the 80’s and 90’s were great times. More so the 80’s, but that’s just my opinion. Today’s players whine to much and when the situation doesn’t fit their needs they demand to get traded. Glad to see the Nets starting over. I’m sure they were tired of all the damn drama, and KD and Kyrie got what they wanted.
      02-09-2023, 06:26 PM   #44
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Oh yeah, Nets are in for the long haul. Kind of a refreshing idea in today's NBA.
Couldn’t agree more. Seems that the players now control the league since they always get what they want.