New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-06-2023, 02:43 PM   #45
Neg89
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e89 3,5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaMike View Post
I had a similar problem with my 2015 Z4 35i. At 25,000 miles, replaced rear tires; immediately afterwards, at highway speeds, the car seemed to dance in the lane. I thought it was catching grooves in the road - but it lasted too long. Not noticeable at low speeds. It was not fun to drive on the interstate; felt like it was darting around in the lane. The eye-opener came at a semi-circle off ramp and high speed. The phrase "tank-slapper" comes to mind. It was a road/speed that I had taken numerous times before, but the car was severely oscillating between under-steer and over-steer. Scary experience.

I tried Yalferd's advice on resetting the electric steering (below) and it completely worked. I see that this did not work for Neg89, but it may work for the next person.

Turn on car and center steering
Turn all the way to left stop and hold 2 seconds
Turn all the way to right stop and hold 2 seconds
Turn all the way left, then turn all the way right
bring back to center
Hello. My hydro rack still performs as it should.The car is better than from factory.
Appreciate 0