New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-19-2023, 11:16 AM   #1
B21
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E89 Atacama Yellow 35is

Front and rear dash cams

I decided to fit front and rear dash cams..front choices are many..rear cans more problematic on the E89.

So I bought a Garmin Garmin 57 for the front camera a Garmin Mini 2 for the rear.

Front camera will mount behind the pax side of the mirror and the back will peek through the pax rear roll hoop through the mesh. I’ll need to fabricate a small pedestal to mount the rear camera..plus the image will be inverted ..but that can be corrected post processing.

The 57 camera has a GPS so that provides speed, time and location data that the Mini 2 piggy backs off.

Power feed is always an issue…I’m taking out the front smokers ash tray so I’ve retrieved the power socket from it and will use a usb power plug to power both cameras..unfortunately the sockets lose power when the car is shutdown..I’ll just live with that compromise.

The cameras are really dinky..

3D printed pedestal mounts the rear cam nicely ..
Attached Images

Appreciate 1