New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

09-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #67
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Brady unhinges his jaw when he blows
more then likely you are band wagon seahawks fan, or better yet a soon to be 6-10 9er fan
      09-05-2015, 09:18 PM   #68
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
more then likely you are band wagon seahawks fan, or better yet a soon to be 6-10 9er fan
You missed the mark. I've been here in Seattle since 1980. Not a bandwagon thing.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 09:19 PM   #69
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Tom likes the penis chain

09-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #70
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Storms coming!

09-05-2015, 09:25 PM   #71
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Tom likes the penis chain

09-05-2015, 09:30 PM   #72
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
You missed the mark. I've been here in Seattle since 1980. Not a bandwagon thing.
right, right.....been a fan the whole time

09-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #73
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Storms coming!

09-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #74
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

09-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #75
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Mariners also. Been fan of my hometown team long time. Saw a lot of both mariners and seahawks games at kingdome in early 80s. Even worse my first team was the Browns when I was a kid. Still hope they and Indians do something.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 09:39 PM   #76
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

On a real note whos amped to have your sundays planned for the next 17 weeks? Best day of the week if you are a fan of american football
      09-05-2015, 09:42 PM   #77
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
      09-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #78
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Your opinion is based on what you hear in the media and misinformation is force feed down your throat, and if ethical standards were set to your level there would be no NFL the league is full of real "criminals".

No, it most certainly is not. My opinion is based on my own personal code of ethics. I have from the start said that my views issue from the low ethical standards to which Mr. Brady showed he feels he should be held accountable. The man could have sat, holding his phone and with an NFL investigator sitting beside him scrolled through the relevant messages between him and the two ball handlers. If those messages between them also contained "compromising" images of other individuals, well that'd be just one more ethical lapse on Mr. Brady's part, now wouldn't it?

I don't see why Mr. Brady didn't just yield the info the officials solicited from the get go, particularly if they'd exonerate him. Why not do so and not force the NFL and other people to drag him and themselves through the mud? Surely a man of his years would have to know that nothing good would come of forcing a full on investigation.

The truth is that I don't really care about the actual deflation of the damn ball. I care about the unethical way in which a very wealthy and very popular man handled what should have been (assuming he wasn't involved) a non-issue were he to have simply provided the requested info in some way, shape, mode or fashion.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 01:24 AM   #79
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
No, it most certainly is not. My opinion is based on my own personal code of ethics. I have from the start said that my views issue from the low ethical standards to which Mr. Brady showed he feels he should be held accountable. The man could have sat, holding his phone and with an NFL investigator sitting beside him scrolled through the relevant messages between him and the two ball handlers. If those messages between them also contained "compromising" images of other individuals, well that'd be just one more ethical lapse on Mr. Brady's part, now wouldn't it?

I don't see why Mr. Brady didn't just yield the info the officials solicited from the get go, particularly if they'd exonerate him. Why not do so and not force the NFL and other people to drag him and themselves through the mud? Surely a man of his years would have to know that nothing good would come of forcing a full on investigation.

The truth is that I don't really care about the actual deflation of the damn ball. I care about the unethical way in which a very wealthy and very popular man handled what should have been (assuming he wasn't involved) a non-issue were he to have simply provided the requested info in some way, shape, mode or fashion.

All the best.
I respect you Tony, I do - but you're wrong on this one.

1. Brady did provide them with all the messages and phone records
2. Nothing was found
3. The NFL advised him he could destroy his phone.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 05:35 AM   #80
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
I respect you Tony, I do - but you're wrong on this one.

1. Brady did provide them with all the messages and phone records
2. Nothing was found
3. The NFL advised him he could destroy his phone.
Thank you.

Okay. Point me to something that shows I'm wrong.

The things I have read on the topic are:
Now from what I've read, not one source said "Tom Brady turned over the phone information that was requested," or something to that effect. I do see even Mr. Brady's advocate discussing why Mr. Brady did not turn over the requested information. Now you tell me why an attorney/agent would discuss reasons for Mr. Brady's not releasing specific information if instead Mr. Brady did release that information.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 06:41 AM   #81
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

I really can't get my head around why people care at all about the scandal. It's football, can we get back to football? Fucking drama bullshit.

Quote:
You're just jealous. He's totally pulling that off.

09-06-2015, 06:48 AM   #82
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
when they chant Brady, Brady, Brady on Thursday and the place is electric as they drop the banner, tell yourself hes a cheater crybaby anything to help you sleep at night, but know you are watching the best....EVER
He's not the best ever. He's a journeyman quarterback. That's what in saying. His teammates and coach make him look good. Put him on the rams and he'd be in obscurity. You wouldn't know who he is.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 06:53 AM   #83
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
He's not the best ever. He's a journeyman quarterback. That's what in saying. His teammates and coach make him look good. Put him on the rams and he'd be in obscurity. You wouldn't know who he is.
I don't really want to get into this rats nest of a debate but I don't know that I agree with this. I do not think Tom is the best ever but he is also not what you describe. Lots of times the team wasn't strong but he kept them competitive. Lots of times he individually carried them in big games. Like him or not, he is a very composed and very smart QB with a good amount of talent. Not THE best ever but definitely one of the best in the NFL over the last 10 years... even on the Rams... well, maybe not the Rams but any other team
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 09:00 AM   #84
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Thank you.

Okay. Point me to something that shows I'm wrong.

The things I have read on the topic are:
Now from what I've read, not one source said "Tom Brady turned over the phone information that was requested," or something to that effect. I do see even Mr. Brady's advocate discussing why Mr. Brady did not turn over the requested information. Now you tell me why an attorney/agent would discuss reasons for Mr. Brady's not releasing specific information if instead Mr. Brady did release that information.

All the best.
You need to read Judge Berman's ruling if you really think Brady was treated fairly in this whole thing. Also, you need to go back and start at the beginning where the NFL leaked info that 11/12 balls were "significantly below the NFLs requirements" when that wasn't true and then when the NFL leaked that Brady destroyed his phone. They have been trying to set the narrative to get people who just don't understand to think this is Black and white and Brady is without a doubt a cheater.

The article you referenced from deadspin mentions that he turned over phone records and only 3 text messages after the super bowl between Brady and the equipment guy are missing.

And i have included a snippet from this article below. The NFL, despite looking for the "truth", couldn't be bothered by this, but they were fine with spending months and millions on the "independent" Wells Report that their own guy supervised Wells during?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...text-messages/

Specifically, it can be found at footnote 11 on page 12: “After the hearing and after the submission of post-hearing briefs, Mr. Brady’s certified agents offered to provide a spreadsheet that would identify all of the individuals with whom Mr. Brady had exchanged text messages during [the relevant time] period; the agents suggested that the League could contact those individuals and request production of any relevant text messages that they retained. Aside from the fact that, under Article 46, Section 2(f) of the CBA, such information could and should have been provided long before the hearing, the approach suggested in the agents’ letter — which would require tracking down numerous individuals and seeking consent from each to retrieve from their cellphones detailed information about their text message communications during the relevant period — is simply not practical.”
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #85
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

^^^

I didn't comment on whether Mr. Brady was treated fairly.

A list of individuals with whom one has text message "conversations" is not the same as the content of those conversations, which is what was requested and not delivered.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 11:31 AM   #86
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
^^^

I didn't comment on whether Mr. Brady was treated fairly.

A list of individuals with whom one has text message "conversations" is not the same as the content of those conversations, which is what was requested and not delivered.

All the best.
Quote:
Brady was able to obtain a log of all his phone calls and text messages, and since he had not changed phone numbers, this included calls and messages during the mysterious four-month gap. These were cross-referenced against communications listed in the Wells Report, and for the most part (with the exception of three missing texts) they matched, as Wells was given access to both Jastremski and McNally’s Patriots-supplied work phones. This is one of Brady’s strongest arguments that there are no missing damaging text messages: since Wells had access to Jastremski and McNally’s side of any damning conversations with Brady, why did he need Brady’s messages?

Of course, Wells wasn’t solely looking for Brady’s communication with Jastremski and McNally, but also whether he had used a variety of deflation-related terms with anybody else. And as pointed out in the NFL’s questioning of Brady, there are also three texts exchanged with Jastremski on February 7 that do not appear in the Wells Report:

Q. Let’s look back at NFL Exhibit 96, the letter from Mr. Yee to Commissioner Goodell. And I’m directing your attention to page 3 of the letter in the middle of the page. After Number 2, Jastremski, toward the end of that paragraph, it says, “The phone bills also show three text message exchanges on February 7, 2015 between 8:21 p.m. and 8:33 p.m. These occurred after the Super Bowl and were not mentioned or referenced in the Wells report.”
And that’s where we stand on Tom Brady’s destroyed cell phone. He likely gave it to his assistant to wipe after only owning it for four months. Most of what Wells wanted from the phone he was able to find on Jastremski and McNally’s phones, but crucially, Brady’s refusal to hand it over radically altered Wells’s opinion of his guilt, and was the main reason why Wells found that he wasn’t a credible witness.
http://deadspin.com/the-full-story-o...one-1722190784
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 11:43 AM   #87
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post

Are you referring to Mr. Brady's having provided phone data during the appeal?

From that very article:
The discerning reader will notice that we’re left with a gap between Nov. 6, 2014 and March 5, 2015 in which the contents of Brady’s text messages are unavailable. Considering that the AFC Championship game was contested on January 18, 2015, this is a crucial four-month period.
Surely I can't be the only critical reader among us here on B-post? But like the writers/readers at Deadspin, I am a critical reader.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 11:45 AM   #88
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Are you referring to Mr. Brady's having provided phone data during the appeal?

From that very article:
The discerning reader will notice that we’re left with a gap between Nov. 6, 2014 and March 5, 2015 in which the contents of Brady’s text messages are unavailable. Considering that the AFC Championship game was contested on January 18, 2015, this is a crucial four-month period.
Surely I can't be the only critical reader among us here on B-post? But like the writers/readers at Deadspin, I am a critical reader.

All the best.
Honestly I googled it, and that was the first one that came up. But again, what I quoted should have cleared up any confusion. It states only 3 messages were missing, which they actually found through the recipients, They have/had the full listing of Brady's texts.
Appreciate 0