New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

11-13-2022, 09:25 PM   #331
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Funny you should say that. I can’t root for PER.
I like LEC and I think he got stiffed by Ferrari, hope he can get 2nd overall and hopefully a win too.

Funny because someone above said Merc Drivers are dirty, but I haven’t seen them crashing on purpose (a la Piquet) and their team wasn’t fined for cheating on the budget
Cheating* based on taxes, spare parts, catering and sick leave which had zero effect on anything.

What happens when you beat a dominant team that's won everything for 7-8 years in a row?

You get alot of haters.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60000.00
NYG10680.00
DrFerry6728.50
      11-13-2022, 09:35 PM   #332
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Funny you should say that. I can’t root for PER.
I like LEC and I think he got stiffed by Ferrari, hope he can get 2nd overall and hopefully a win too.

Funny because someone above said Merc Drivers are dirty, but I haven’t seen them crashing on purpose (a la Piquet) and their team wasn’t fined for cheating on the budget
Cheating* based on taxes, spare parts, catering and sick leave which had zero effect on anything.

What happens when you beat a dominant team that's won everything for 7-8 years in a row?

You get alot of haters.
Same thing when you run the field for 7 straight drivers titles and 8 straight constructors.

What you're saying applies both ways…:
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 09:58 PM   #333
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

apparently ... Sergio ....

https://racingnews365.com/dutch-medi...eam-order-snub
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 10:05 PM   #334
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G99M5 View Post
Too many reports after the race about this. Is VER angry because qualifying ended early in Monaco or because it's reported that PER intentionally crashed? Like is this a thing? None of this was reported until after today's race.
Appreciate 1
minn1914021.00
      11-13-2022, 11:16 PM   #335
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

My review of the race

Yes George !!!
Is merc back ?
Max is a douche
Lando bad move
Ric is done
Lec is a broken man.
Alo …moves pretty good for an old man.

Oh Also max is a douche. But Perez can't hold a candle to him.
MontyB11394.00
minn1914021.00
      11-14-2022, 12:35 AM   #336
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
Is merc back ?.
I think it was Interlagos, the small go-kart like track suited the Merc.

Just like Zandvoort, Mercs were quick their too.

Problem is they where way off the pace on the more modern Tilke-like tracks. If they are fighting for pole in Abu Dhabi, then I will be convinced they are back.
Appreciate 1
minn1914021.00
      11-14-2022, 02:03 AM   #337
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Sure . This means you don't mess with MAX ..

If I remember the situation correctly , MAX was running the pole lap at Monaco while CHECO crashed in the front deliberately to secure his P2 or P3 at the startgrid in the Monaco GP .
Then came Sainz and crashed into CHECO ..
At that moment I still remember , I was in disbelief .Actually lost in words ..
I re-watched the incident and it looked very suspicious and so it was !
CHECO won the Monaco GP ....

So... I'm not surprised by MAX's reaction from today .
And no wonder that MAX couldn't say that in his interviews.

After all , I'm pretty sure Checo Isn't a saint !

Let's watch it again ..

I heard that both of them have shook hands now so it's sorted.
Itmt Chas was denied pass by Carlito as too risky! and hardly a word about that from the haters..egg on all their faces now.
Appreciate 3
NYG10680.00
DrFerry6728.50
      11-14-2022, 02:07 AM   #338
E86Z4MC
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Quote:
While the stewards recognize that Hamilton could possibly have given a little more room at the apex of Turn 2, the stewards determined that Verstappen was predominantly at fault.”

Got it, so they were bias.

If this ever happens again, just squeeze your competitor out and they get the penalty.

Womp
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 02:25 AM   #339
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
It's all based on a statement made by Tom Coronel and Erik van Haren, spreading like wildfire. It's a fraud claim, so if both made this up, they risk trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well as you can see . And that's why ...

In Dutch =>
That's mad. If that would be true, Red Bull Racing, or at least Perez, could risk DSQ.
NYG10680.00
DrFerry6728.50
      11-14-2022, 03:12 AM   #340
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

it was almost a perfect weekend for Mercs that its been a long long while...

Max was Ocon back in the day.. though Max's attack was more optimistic than a realistic.. just like last year.. cause he couldnt even make the turn after hitting Lewis.. he was understeering all over the place.. anyone cant see this in replays is just living in a dream world..

last year.. this defense was the most ridiculous defense ever.. 0:13..

i really thought Max getting mature and complete this year but seems not much changed still.. Perez helped him a lot.. and it was too hard to let him to take more points.. unbelievable.. even Horner apologized Perez.. we ve seen Max's "composed" driving style and behaviour until this race when things go a bit wrong, real face and behaviour pops up directly..

anyways..

big big congrats to Russell he was controlling the weekend since sprint race and it was the same in GP.. Lewis made a very good recovery.. he was pushing quite a lot until the last SC he was leaving traces while he was accelerating often.. not much tires and pace left to catch Russell enough.. i d like Lewis to win the race but seeing the team play is incredible also.. so well done to maximize the package..
      11-14-2022, 03:42 AM   #341
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
Max's attack was more optimistic than a realistic.. just like last year.. cause he couldnt even make the turn after hitting Lewis.. he was understeering all over the place.. anyone cant see this in replays is just living in a dream world..
More than anything I think that is why they gave Max the punishment, he was going so quick into the corner at such a tight angle even if LH had left him space there was no way he was going to make the corner, even afterwards he drove off the side of the circuit. Max has done that so many times, like Brazil last year that the stewards aren't standing for it anymore.

I think the terrible PR that this has caused Max might mean for the first time he has to help Perez next race but only due to the PR fallout, it will be killing him inside to do anything for anyone else its all, me me me normally and that is going to be simply lovely to see the shoe on the other foot. Nasty piece of work that he is.
Appreciate 1
minn1914021.00
      11-14-2022, 05:22 AM   #342
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Everyone bitching about max, but look at Leclerc begging for 3rd place (which would be 3 points btw) vs Perez begging for 6th (which would be 2 pts)

Perez wouldn't need to beg if he just drove better this weekend and the weekends before.

He's a #2 driver, he would never win a championship, or beat Max, he had the chance in the beginning of the season, and he just didn't perform.

The fact that Max had to pit early for damage, then managed to go from last to 6th, and pass Perez already tells you how much better of a driver he is.

Next year is his last year, and Perez will be booted off the team for someone else.

And Lewis is always throwing shade at Max, dude gave him zero space and somehow Max got the penalty lmao, they didn't cause any issues all season and the only time they had a chance to win, Lewis squeezes him like he always does to any driver and gets away Scot free.

How anyone likes Hamilton is beyond me, dude drives dirty, and people jump to his defense all the time, he isn't even a good driver, look how he drove all season, and hasn't even won a race yet, and he always plays the victim card of "I always have a target on my back"

As VER said, he went for the gap, it costed him 5 seconds, but it costed HAM the win. I seriously hope HAM never wins another race again so he's exposed as a fraudulent champion.
Sure mate . Well said . I couldn't agree more

#SilverstoneCopseTurn !!!

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60000.00
NYG10680.00
DrFerry6728.50
      11-14-2022, 05:28 AM   #343
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Positive !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60000.00
NYG10680.00
DrFerry6728.50
      11-14-2022, 06:20 AM   #344
lens
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E86Z4MC View Post

Womp
Ah yes, let's compare Ocon who's a back marker and was blue flagged, to an actual race.
Appreciate 1
NYG10680.00
      11-14-2022, 06:20 AM   #345
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
Found this interesting. ESPN posted this on Facebook...spelling out how Checo helped Max on his WDC quest last season...the number of likes and the tone of the responses are telling. We're witnessing what you get when a narcistic parent "creates" a "champion"...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
MontyB11394.00
minn1914021.00
      11-14-2022, 06:24 AM   #346
lens
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
More than anything I think that is why they gave Max the punishment, he was going so quick into the corner at such a tight angle even if LH had left him space there was no way he was going to make the corner, even afterwards he drove off the side of the circuit. Max has done that so many times, like Brazil last year that the stewards aren't standing for it anymore.

I think the terrible PR that this has caused Max might mean for the first time he has to help Perez next race but only due to the PR fallout, it will be killing him inside to do anything for anyone else its all, me me me normally and that is going to be simply lovely to see the shoe on the other foot. Nasty piece of work that he is.

DTS has painted Max as the villain all the time.

And they painted LH as their golden boy who does no wrong.

This is Max first crash all season, and who's it with? LH.

He raced RUS the day before with zero issues, wheel to wheel, fair and square, so he's not the problem, LH is.

We all know he's going to gap the field by 30 sec next race so he can't help Perez.

Brazil was a one off, Mercedes aren't going to do as well in Abu Dhabi with the big straights.

I got nothing against Merc, I was hoping RUS would win Brazil and he did.

I have issues with LH because everyone puts this guy on a pedestal like he's some god, when this season proved what kind of a fraud he is. Can't even win a race, he has a second/third best car at best
Appreciate 4
NYG10680.00
DrFerry6728.50
      11-14-2022, 06:43 AM   #347
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
DTS has painted Max as the villain all the time.

And they painted LH as their golden boy who does no wrong.

This is Max first crash all season, and who's it with? LH.

He raced RUS the day before with zero issues, wheel to wheel, fair and square, so he's not the problem, LH is.

We all know he's going to gap the field by 30 sec next race so he can't help Perez.

Brazil was a one off, Mercedes aren't going to do as well in Abu Dhabi with the big straights.

I got nothing against Merc, I was hoping RUS would win Brazil and he did.

I have issues with LH because everyone puts this guy on a pedestal like he's some god, when this season proved what kind of a fraud he is. Can't even win a race, he has a second/third best car at best
Agreed. Ham has always been a driver who likes to push others off and blame the other person. Even when he makes a mistake it’s all a game of deflection as he likes to blame the team or curse them out when things don’t go his way.
He surely isn’t the talent people think he is now that you see the field very close at the front exposing his true level.
Appreciate 3
NYG10680.00
DrFerry6728.50
      11-14-2022, 07:41 AM   #348
M5Rick
General
Rep

Here are the race highlights.
Appreciate 3
NYG10680.00
DrFerry6728.50
      11-14-2022, 07:49 AM   #349
E86Z4MC
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Ah yes, let's compare Ocon who's a back marker and was blue flagged, to an actual race.
Actually more about comparing Max in exactly the same position Lewis was in, with him complaining just the same. The move is also not unlike what happened at Monza last year, or lap 1 of Abu Dabi.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 08:11 AM   #350
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I wish I was on HAMs payroll too because he never does anything wrong.

Clean racing from Max all season with everyone, including Russel , and some wheel to wheel with HAM results in a crash? I think we know the problem, and it ain't max.
Still HAM fixated on Silverstone 21 which made him move on Max there and the touch paper has been lit again thanks to 'I'm a victim' HAM.
Appreciate 3
NYG10680.00
DrFerry6728.50
      11-14-2022, 08:12 AM   #351
lens
Colonel
Rep

I think we should all wait till this weekend to see what Max will do.

Will he gap the field by 30 secs so he physically can't help Perez?

Or will he go slow on purpose so he can help Perez?

Max has received so much hate in the last 24 hours, when if everyone remembered the HAM/BOT years, BOT never challenged HAM and always played second fiddle, HAM might have given BOT a few podiums over the years as pity, but watching RUS/HAM now, I think next year will be very interesting, when everyone will be fighting each other for the championship. No teammate will help each other unless they're far down the WDC in points.
DrFerry6728.50
      11-14-2022, 08:18 AM   #352
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I think we should all wait till this weekend to see what Max will do.

Will he gap the field by 30 secs so he physically can't help Perez?

Or will he go slow on purpose so he can help Perez?

Max has received so much hate in the last 24 hours, when if everyone remembered the HAM/BOT years, BOT never challenged HAM and always played second fiddle, HAM might have given BOT a few podiums over the years as pity, but watching RUS/HAM now, I think next year will be very interesting, when everyone will be fighting each other for the championship. No teammate will help each other unless they're far down the WDC in points.
This. Max is in a different class and if Checo's not there close then he can't help him but he's realising he needs that 'Max factor' a bit more to score for a medal.
Appreciate 3
NYG10680.00
DrFerry6728.50