New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-11-2021, 07:57 PM   #1167
kb2wji
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 128 convertible 6MT

anyone get into harmony one? i lucked out on that one big time.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 05:31 PM   #1168
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
anyone get into harmony one? i lucked out on that one big time.
Yes sir, been riding that one since under half a penny!! Wish I bought a lot more lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
Ripple is doing mighty fine.

And is just getting started!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 08:33 PM   #1169
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Selling this post as an NFT if anyone is interested. The original digital gatorfast post.
Appreciate 2
      04-12-2021, 08:35 PM   #1170
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Selling this post as an NFT if anyone is interested. The original digital gatorfast post.
Hahaha funny thing is you could probably make something decent off it with how hot NFT's are becoming
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 10:54 PM   #1171
MyM2See
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Too much market volatility, and backed by... nothing. I wouldn't touch it with a 100 foot pole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder View Post
I looked at it a few months ago...could have justified risking a couple hundred for some bitcoins, now at the near $600-700 level, its a lot harder to justify buying one bitcoin lol.

With such rapid and unrelenting growth it reminds me of this... but who knows if it will ever stop. Probably be kicking myself when its at $10,000 a coin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Yeah it may not be a true pyramid or ponzie scheme, but it smelling more like a Multilevel Marketing scheme. The first people get in before others know about it then the Marketing begins happening driving the demand. Before you know it you own lots of the product and can not find anyone else willing to buy in anymore.

I like the whole idea of virtual money and doing easy transactions with out everyone getting a cut. But not at the cost of not know what your assets are worth at any given time.

I think the con-artists are involved in this you just have no idea who they are unlike Ponzie and bernie madoff which were the front men lying to everyone.
Quote:
I wouldn't touch BitCoin with a 200 foot pole. Maybe back in 2009, but now? The hype train is in full effect already. Not enough upside left, and definitely could see a huge downside coming especially if this Mt.Gox implosion brings government regulation all across. That would spell doom for the current price movement.

That being said, I think CryptoCurrency is here to stay but that doesn't necessarily mean BitCoin (or LiteCoin or DogeCoin, etc)
Funny reading back through these comments from start of the thread in 2013 lol
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2021, 11:04 PM   #1172
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM2See View Post
A lot of these comments did not and will not age well lmao
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 06:30 AM   #1173
kb2wji
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM2See View Post
A lot of these comments did not and will not age well lmao
Absolutely. But I'll never fault someone for steering clear of such a high risk investment. It's worked out very well for me on some coins, not so well on others. Day trading and panic selling can crush you in this stuff. I've done very well so far, but I'm aware that it can be regulated out of existence tomorrow so my fingers are always crossed

I too was buying up One by the truckload under half a cent....I think a dollar is quite reasonable.... fingers crossed
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 06:31 AM   #1174
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Quote:
Hahaha funny thing is you could probably make something decent off it with how hot NFT's are becoming
I'm sure there is a sucker somewhere that would buy my post lol

NFTs the way they are used now seem like the silliest thing in the world to me. People paying insane money for a jpeg or something. What a world.
Appreciate 2
P17965.50
      04-13-2021, 11:31 AM   #1175
Nachbar
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

Hey Crypto Friends 🥳
Where do we sell Bitcoin? I'm in heavy since 4 years and arround 800% in profit. But I struggle to sell, with all this adoption going on. HEEEELP
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 12:23 PM   #1176
kb2wji
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachbar View Post
Hey Crypto Friends 🥳
Where do we sell Bitcoin? I'm in heavy since 4 years and arround 800% in profit. But I struggle to sell, with all this adoption going on. HEEEELP
Coinbase is the easiest, but the fees are high. Coinbase Pro is more difficult to learn but fees are lower.
I use Binance almost exclusively. It's only legal in some states right now so you'll have to check it out.. Binance.us assuming you're in the US
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 12:23 PM   #1177
Humdizzle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 ferrari 458

well coinbase is set to IPO tomorrow. i bailed on crypto after panic selling when the first bubble collapsed. i'll throw a couple k in, although im tempted to put more.

@Dr.Humdizzle
2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2015 Silverstone F80 6MT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 12:45 PM   #1178
Nachbar
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
Quote:
Hey Crypto Friends 🥳
Coinbase is the easiest, but the fees are high. Coinbase Pro is more difficult to learn but fees are lower.
I use Binance almost exclusively. It's only legal in some states right now so you'll have to check it out.. Binance.us assuming you're in the US
Sorry, I didn't express myself correctly 😕 with „where" I meant „at what price".
I'm registered on many Exchanges and know how to buy, sell, leverage etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 12:45 PM   #1179
mantis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Garage List
2011 e90  [2.75]
dogecoin is pumping good.
Appreciate 1
F30lolz4491.00
      04-13-2021, 01:56 PM   #1180
kb2wji
Private
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't express myself correctly �� with „where" I meant „at what price".
No worries!
Talking about what prices I'll start selling at is risky business. I'm sure i'll make some folks laugh, piss some folks off and pressure others to buy coins that they otherwise wouldn't. The one thing that I will say is that i'll likely "never" sell my Bitcoin. I'll hold that and pass it onto the kids - I truly feel that Bitcoin will continue to go up to prices that will absolutely blow our minds. I also feel the same about Litecoin - I think LTC has the potential to be a solid long term investment. I'll likely only ever sell off maybe half of what I own - and i'll only start to sell.....dare I say....well north of $5000 / coin. My alts are much riskier. I read up on what their use case is and study the charts. I also may or may not use a magic 8-ball as well I won't even begin to publicly talk about sale prices for the other stuff I hold. HODL!!!
Appreciate 1
Nachbar665.50
      04-13-2021, 02:11 PM   #1181
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't express myself correctly 😕 with „where" I meant „at what price".
If you are up why not pull out your initial investment and then play with the rest?

Invest in other projects.

Or buy some mining equipment and go at it that way too.

Coinbase going public tomorrow should be a good one. The market certainly is buzzing with excitement. I am excited even though I don't care for coinbase. Kraken is better.
Appreciate 1
Nachbar665.50
      04-13-2021, 03:36 PM   #1182
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep

Quote:
Umm, so BitCoin is only down 40% from 2 days ago. Is that a victory for you?

Where in this trajectory do you see BitCoin ever spiking past its high again?
Seriously, look closely at this graph, does that evoke confidence?

kmarei, I hope you're not taking out a loan for the $14,000 to buy those mining machines. You will never see that money again.
You guys are right, reading the early posts of this thread is quite entertaining.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 03:44 PM   #1183
premier3is
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyToParty View Post
If I didn't sell 95% of my coins last year. I most definitely wouldn't be driving a 5series today... fml
Same boat as me. Regretting selling last year.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 04:31 PM   #1184
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't express myself correctly �� with „where" I meant „at what price".
I would say to watch price action(the charts) at around 70,000-75,000. I think this cycle will top out around there according to some my and others technical analysis, but who knows could see it push to 80-100k or more this cycle also.

Quote:
I'm sure there is a sucker somewhere that would buy my post lol

NFTs the way they are used now seem like the silliest thing in the world to me. People paying insane money for a jpeg or something. What a world.
Yes I am well versed in crypto and NFT's, but also do not understand the craze for these type of NFT's right now, it doesn't make sense to me, I don't want a digital ONLY copy of something like art, etc... lol

But who knows, it will probably make sense in the near future when everything is digital, you'll be able to show off your digital art just like you do know with real paintings and art.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 05:38 PM   #1185
BMWILUVU
Major
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Why do they call it crypto currency when noone uses them as currency? These look like penny stocks.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 05:45 PM   #1186
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Why do they call it crypto currency when noone uses them as currency? These look like penny stocks.
The original intent(for bitcoin, the 1st crypto) was to be used as type of digital currency, which it was, but since the tech(blockchain, ledgers) has evolved it mostly now has different uses such as store of value or smart contracts, etc..

So they are actually now pivoting towards the term crypto-assets or digital-assets instead of the term crypto-currency.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 06:30 PM   #1187
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep

As there is more adoption you will see more and more NFTs assigned to real assets. Basically a digital signature for authentication for things like art, real estate, baseball cards, sports memorabilia, things that are often faked.

Most of the NFT hype for digital works is just that, hype. The people buying this stuff have tons of money from early adoption and being part of developing the business. So that is novelty, but the ability to apply NFTs to real world items will become big business and one of the more important aspects of blockchain tech going forward. This makes it more than just a currency.

I really do wish I had all of my mining equipment still. What a bonehead decision to sell it last summer. I still have a couple of computers mining though. Make enough to play with on the exchanges.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2021, 06:32 PM   #1188
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
As there is more adoption you will see more and more NFTs assigned to real assets. Basically a digital signature for authentication for things like art, real estate, baseball cards, sports memorabilia, things that are often faked.

Most of the NFT hype for digital works is just that, hype. The people buying this stuff have tons of money from early adoption and being part of developing the business. So that is novelty, but the ability to apply NFTs to real world items will become big business and one of the more important aspects of blockchain tech going forward. This makes it more than just a currency.

I really do wish I had all of my mining equipment still. What a bonehead decision to sell it last summer. I still have a couple of computers mining though. Make enough to play with on the exchanges.

Oh no I for sure get NFT's are and will be a huge thing, we were just talking about the current early use of NFT's for stupid(IMO) digital art. NFT's are definitely going to be a big benefit to society, just not this current use/hype of them lol I don't think
Appreciate 0