New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-02-2021, 07:47 AM   #45
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Here in Texas we also pay full up-front sales tax on a lease. Don't doubt it - it's real, and it hurts.
well its not the case in New York so what vreihen16 is saying is false
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 10:09 AM   #46
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328dx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
Dude, please. That chart only shows discretionary spending, which is a small part of the total US budget.

Here is the total US budget for FY2020:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...nfographic.png

Social Security and Medicare cost as much as all of the discretionary spending you showed.
lol, acting like Social Security and Medicare is welfare that eats into our taxes. They are earned benefits that people have put into over their lifetime. Please stop with the misinformation.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3508.50
      06-02-2021, 11:59 AM   #47
omega2733
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdnb View Post
lol, acting like Social Security and Medicare is welfare that eats into our taxes. They are earned benefits that people have put into over their lifetime. Please stop with the misinformation.
I mean, it's a benefit you pay for that you get a fraction back on. I looked into trying to drop social security from my taxes, in lieu of getting nothing back (while they get to keep whatever I already paid in to the system). In reality, it's a shit system that I wish was optional (especially with the talk of "you might not get one down the road").

If you took the equivalent of your 6.2% you pay each year then put it into a ROTH account, you would literally walk away with 8x the paycheck of your social security benefit.

It is a tax if it's something you don't want and costs you more money than you put in, it's a poorly managed system. By the way, if you're self employed you pay 12.4%, for me in 30 years that would be over $5M in an account. That means I could literally live off $250k a year, as long as my returns were 5%, I'd never lose money, way more efficient than social security lol plus you could then HAND THAT WEALTH TO YOUR KIDS.

I'd be happy to drop social security or medicare like a rock then say "fend for yourself", the same way pensions went to 401k's.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2021, 12:49 PM   #48
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdnb View Post
1. Did you actually look at the chart I linked? It clearly shows that the chart you posted is a small portion of the overall budget and that non-discretionary spending makes up the majority of the budget.

2. SS and Medicare are earned benefits for some people, and unearned handouts for others. Like Omega wrote, I'll never get the full "benefits" of the taxes I paid into the system. So, if I don't get back the money I already paid as a "benefit" to me, where did it go? Answer: to people who haven't earned it and some was siphoned off to use for other pork projects.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410882.00
      06-02-2021, 01:59 PM   #49
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s....php?t=1753661

Reminder that BP-OT no longer has a politics section. Please do your part to make the lives of the forum's moderators a little bit easier, and take this to another forum. Thank you.....
      06-02-2021, 03:00 PM   #50
mapleleaf1773
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i XDrive

Garage List
In West Virginia you have to pay taxes every year to get a "color coded license plate sticker". This is a percentage based on the NADA blue book value.

EVERY FREAKING YEAR, because the WVDOT owns all public roads and it supposedly goes into fixing them. While the money "MAY" be there, but the work ethic, attitude and perseverance isn't. The DOT district office employees suck at work. I think they are allergic to it.

There are 4 or 5 states in the US that "own" all of the public roads in their states. I would assume it would be like this in each of them ? I dunno.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 03:49 PM   #51
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328dx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
1. Did you actually look at the chart I linked? It clearly shows that the chart you posted is a small portion of the overall budget and that non-discretionary spending makes up the majority of the budget.

2. SS and Medicare are earned benefits for some people, and unearned handouts for others. Like Omega wrote, I'll never get the full "benefits" of the taxes I paid into the system. So, if I don't get back the money I already paid as a "benefit" to me, where did it go? Answer: to people who haven't earned it and some was siphoned off to use for other pork projects.
WRONG! https://www.aarp.org/retirement/soci...nings%20record.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3508.50
      06-03-2021, 01:10 PM   #52
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Random Thought of the Day - Car Taxation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I sure as heck can't explain this... can you? Can anyone? The only thing that's cut and dry is someone getting screwed.
Yes.

Population and limited tourism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Actually, DE has a sales tax on motor vehicles.
No it doesn't. DE has a Doc Fee for registration. There is no compulsory transaction tax in DE. Fees and taxes are different*.

* Yes Charlie Brown, they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well there you go little buddy - you keep up that positive attitude - after all, even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time!
What is the CPAC 2021 Headline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
And if you do a terrible job and lose a bunch of money, but do it with a smile on your face and a decent story to sell / spin as to why it wasn't you, you might even get a full time contract one of these fine days!
Who are AOC and MTG?
Appreciate 0