New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-27-2021, 05:40 PM   #45
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

^ I agree!! We did full online last spring but were back in person in the fall and this spring. Way better...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 10:44 AM   #46
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaud1998 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
Come to think of it while I did go to grad school in person and definitely believe that it is way more than beneficial in person for the reasons stated by me and others, I did get a certificate in government contracts management from UCLA's extension program. It was a joke, not saying it's like a masters program, but I got no value from it. Could've read the FAR/DFARS online myself.
Their idea of collaboration was trying to force you to post at least one original post and respond to someone else on a message board.
On the other hand during intro week at the Executive MBA program at UNC, they randomly selected me to stand up in front of the class with another student and sell flying Ryanair, while the other guy had to sell British Airways. Now that was fun, exciting, scary all at the same time. Fast forward 10 years, if you have to present to an executive, they will ask all sorts of tough questions because they don't want to allocate funds to a nonsensical project. An online message board won't help prepare you for that kind of pressure.
Grad school would be different than getting a bachelor's imo.
To an extent yes, but I did some of the same stuff in undergrad. You learn how to cultivate relationships in in person college, how to relate to classmates, professors. To me, online school is more similar to a forum like this one. Do you learn from others? Sure, but you can more carefully craft your image, responses, etc.
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19983940.50
      03-28-2021, 11:15 AM   #47
Mosaud1998
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540

Garage List
2019 BMW 540  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
To an extent, yes, but I did some of the same stuff in undergrad. You learn how to cultivate relationships in in-person college, how to relate to classmates, professors. To me, online school is more similar to a forum like this one. Do you learn from others? Sure, but you can more carefully craft your image, responses, etc.
You've got a point.

I just noticed this while doing my MacroEconomics HW. I actually learned more about Macro Econ online than I did in person when I took Micro Economics.

When I took Micro Econ in person I didn't learn much. Plus, it was hard for me to understand it.

I am taking Macro Econ right now and I actually understand the material better. The teacher is the same one I took for Micro Econ.

But, once I watch the teacher's videos she post on D2L I understand the material better and I understand the teacher better.
Appreciate 0