New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-13-2020, 10:17 PM   #89
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Yeah I guess that's our concern. Because what makes it so amazing is the views and privacy, but that's not in our control. The adjoining properties are like 40+ acre lots each sooo... you do have to be some serious asshole to build something next to this house... on a hill side... when you have 40 other acres to choose from. The actual properties on those lots are actually quite small, you can't even see them from the property. It also seems the current owners have owned it since 2007 and at least since then no one has built anything around it.

It's almost perfect and in our budget which worries me. If it's too good to be true... we'll see, still have a few properties to go see tomorrow.
What I would be concerned with is that you are land-locked by "other people's stuff" that you have no control over. You have your easement for your driveway, yes. But what happens with the nephew gets a hold of the land after the owners head on up the sky, and he decides to split the land up into a ton of lots for the extra coin in his purse?

Of course, this scenario is possible with anything, but it's more concerning for me knowing I'm in the middle of whatever they want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I don't know of another animal that even approaches their decibels-per-pound factor.
This might be my new favorite form of measurement. I'm going to see how it goes over with my wife to measure out our month old daughter
Appreciate 2
      11-14-2020, 07:29 AM   #90
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Here is a new situation we have encountered. Really nice house, on top of a hill, amazing views of the forest as far as the eye can see. The land that belongs to the owners of the property is only a bit less than 2 acres. Basically just the top of the hill where the house sits. Even the gravel driveway up to the house sits on someone else's land (they have an easement or something). Looks extremely private and isolated yet it's actually 20-30 minutes to several towns and pizza test said 17 minutes!

Now assuming this was your ideal property. Is it not of big concern that you are surrounded by someone elses land? They are huge lots and it seems only 2 other people own the land around the property but still. You don't even own the land to drive up to your land. Maybe it's normal here just seems crazy to me. So you would be concerned about this? Is it normal?
One of the very best things I did, in retrospect, was to take a real estate course (preparation for agent then broker’s license). I never wanted to sell real estate nor become a broker, but I had some time to kill one summer between college years and went for it on a bit of a lark.

I learned so much about sellers’ obligations, disclosures, easements, zoning, buyers’ rights, broker obligations, titles and deeds, etc. It has served me well as a knowledge base for over 40 years and several properties I’ve owned and a lot more I’ve passed on.

I recommend that or something like it in the state(s) you’re most interested in. Then you’ll have a pretty good idea about easements, view protections, adverse use, and other issues that can arise. And you’ll be better prepared to ask good questions as you look at properties.
Appreciate 1