New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Classic BMW (Pre-2005 Models)

09-10-2023, 01:51 AM   #1
Cubic96
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 2008, BMW X5 2003

Talking Fishing Barge

I'm a keen fisherman/Angler and have been all my life and I've owned 4 wheel drives specifically to get me to those remote fishing spots in the bush to highland lakes and rivers and also along beaches.

I kill cars because I believe women are for loving and cars are for thrashing not the other way around. I've owned Land rovers F100's Broncos, Toyotas and now I'm getting old, a bit of comfort in BMW's I've already blown up one E53 petrol and now I have a E70 Diesel.

I see mentioned often on the interweb "Is the BMW X5 off road capable?" My answer is "Take it off road and find out" Every car is off road capable. The difference between how far off road a mini minor can go and a Toyota Landcruiser can go off road is measured by how far you have to walk to get help when you do get bogged.

Going bush in the BMW the first thing you need is a decent set of tyres. Those standard puncture proof tyres maybe great for Mum taking the kids to school but they won't get you through a muddy puddle. The only other thing and only in Australia, is a Roo bar.
If you are seriously going full on bush bashing I would put a lift kit, a locker rear diff and a winch and that's all folks. So far the X5's are taking me fishing just nicely thanks, mostly off the black top and on dirt and sand
Appreciate 2
Caveno157.00
stimey40.50
      01-29-2024, 11:33 PM   #2
oewre
Registered
Rep
Drives: 228i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubic96 View Post
I'm a keen fisherman/Angler and have been all my life and I've owned 4 wheel drives specifically to get me to those remote fishing spots in the bush to highland lakes and rivers and also along beaches.

I kill cars because I believe women are for loving and cars are for thrashing not the other way around. I've owned Land rovers F100's Broncos, Toyotas and now I'm getting old, a bit of comfort in BMW's I've already blown up one E53 petrol and now I have a E70 Diesel.

I see mentioned often on the interweb "Is the BMW X5 off road capable?" My answer is "Take it off road and find out" Every car is off road capable. The difference between how far off road a mini minor can go and a Toyota Landcruiser can go off road is measured by how far you have to walk to get help when you do get bogged.

Going bush in the BMW the first thing you need is a decent set of tyres. Those standard puncture proof tyres maybe great for Mum taking the kids to school but they won't get you through a muddy puddle. The only other thing and only in Australia, is a Roo bar.
If you are seriously going full on bush bashing I would put a lift kit, a locker rear diff and a winch and that's all folks. So far the X5's are taking me fishing just nicely thanks, mostly off the black top and on dirt and sand
BMW X5 can handle the rough stuff with the right upgrades. Start with quality off-road tires, crucial for grip in muddy terrain. Down under, a Roo bar is a smart addition for those unexpected kangaroo encounters. If you're serious about bush bashing, consider a lift kit, locker rear diff, and a winch. With these mods, you'll be reeling in those Aussie catches without a worry.

Last edited by oewre; 01-30-2024 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 0