New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

03-17-2021, 08:23 PM   #1
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Chelsea are the real deal with their new manager

Under Thomas Tuchel they've gone 13 games so far without a loss, 11 of those being clean sheets. That's quite a turnaround from Frank Lampard. They just knocked out Atletico Madrid in the Champions League to move on to the quarterfinals. I'm beginning to believe in this team, they're looking pretty dangerous now.
Appreciate 1
230iZTR315.50
      03-18-2021, 06:41 PM   #2
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
There's only a few of us that give a shit about soccer and we do not post on this forum.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      03-18-2021, 06:46 PM   #3
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Nice recovery for Chelsea, after their FIFA punishment that kept them from recruiting new European players for a while. Good break for (American) Christian Pulisic to get into English football though.....
      03-19-2021, 05:30 PM   #4
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
There's only a few of us that give a shit about soccer and we do not post on this forum.
Duly noted!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 11:32 AM   #5
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

As more and more games migrate to Pea-dick showing only, I'm getting frustrated. My BIL is supposed to come by with some app that will let me watch soccer, Dodgers, and Kings. Freaking Frontier, but their internet fiber is so much better than Spectrum.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 12:02 PM   #6
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
As more and more games migrate to Pea-dick showing only, I'm getting frustrated. My BIL is supposed to come by with some app that will let me watch soccer, Dodgers, and Kings. Freaking Frontier, but their internet fiber is so much better than Spectrum.
Lol. I've got Peacock at no additional charge though I'm paying through the nose for my Xfinity service. In addition, I discovered DigitalDirectTV which I believe may be based in the UK. In any case, I was perusing the sports section following a game on Yahoo or somewhere I don't remember, and what I had thought to be spam ended up providing me insight to a site that is really cheap and provides access to multiple channels based abroad including the UK and even South Africa. As a result, I'm able to watch most Premier League games live via streaming. I think it only costs 50 bucks a year for this service. In addition, it provides access to a bunch of standard TV channels in the US including the major networks and even HBO, Showtime, etc. I thought it was too good to be true but gave it a try and it works! I have no idea how they can do it, but it is real.

Check it out if you're interested.

www.digitaldirecttv.club
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 12:18 PM   #7
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Lol. I've got Peacock at no additional charge though I'm paying through the nose for my Xfinity service. In addition, I discovered DigitalDirectTV which I believe may be based in the UK. In any case, I was perusing the sports section following a game on Yahoo or somewhere I don't remember, and what I had thought to be spam ended up providing me insight to a site that is really cheap and provides access to multiple channels based abroad including the UK and even South Africa. As a result, I'm able to watch most Premier League games live via streaming. I think it only costs 50 bucks a year for this service. In addition, it provides access to a bunch of standard TV channels in the US including the major networks and even HBO, Showtime, etc. I thought it was too good to be true but gave it a try and it works! I have no idea how they can do it, but it is real.

Check it out if you're interested.

www.digitaldirecttv.club
The Beast had everything I could want. Live sports (NFL, NHL, MLB) all the fights, movie channels, even pron. Then something happened and it no longer works, they cut way back on the channel line up, and I'm SOL again.

I signed up for Peacock, and then to watch ManU I needed some higher level of service. I'm not playing that game yet. I'm not getting Discovery+, Disney, AMC+, . . .

now, get off my lawn, you are blocking my antenna.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614883.50
      03-22-2021, 12:30 PM   #8
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
There are other forums that are better for it, but I'm happy to see it in the off-topic section.

It was my understanding that Lampard didn't want Werner or Havertz because he thought they wouldn't adapt well to the Prem, and he had confidence in the academy graduates to produce for the senior team. He was overruled and then got fired because the $150m German pair weren't producing. To be fair to Frank, Tuchel hasn't gotten much out of them either, while Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, and Ampadu have looked good on loan elsewhere in the Prem.
17x9 APEX Arc8-R, 255/40/17 RE71Rs, Vorshlag Plates, Swift Spec-R Springs, m-Performance Bumpstops, Dinan ShockWare, Paragon 2-piece rotors, Carbon lip, FTP Intake and Charge pipe, BootMod3 Stage 1 OTS
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 02:56 PM   #9
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 230iZTR View Post
There are other forums that are better for it, but I'm happy to see it in the off-topic section.

It was my understanding that Lampard didn't want Werner or Havertz because he thought they wouldn't adapt well to the Prem, and he had confidence in the academy graduates to produce for the senior team. He was overruled and then got fired because the $150m German pair weren't producing. To be fair to Frank, Tuchel hasn't gotten much out of them either, while Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, and Ampadu have looked good on loan elsewhere in the Prem.
I'm still new around here but I wasn't aware there's another more appropriate place to discuss sports. After all, isn't this the "sports lounge"?

As for Lampard, that's the first time I've heard that angle of the story. I specifically remember following the discussions that were ongoing before Chelsea pulled the trigger on Werner. Timo said he decided to go to Chelsea because Lampard went after him aggressively and explained in detail how he would be used in his team, etc. As a result of Lampard's heavy recruiting and level of comfort/confidence in Lampard, he said he chose Chelsea. I can't say for sure about Kai Havertz however other than a bunch of people heavily praised him and stated he's a rising superstar.

As for Thomas Tuchel, I agree to disagree. I think Werner and Havertz have played much better and with much more confidence, even if they're not getting that finishing touch. Their hustle play is like night and day under the new coach I think. Even the TV commentators during the games have said as much. I remember seeing both of those players being somewhat timid and giving up on plays much too soon. They don't do that now under Tuchel. In fact, I see Werner especially putting in more effort to track down loose balls which he never did prior to that. Besides the two Germans, you have to admit he has gotten way more out of this squad than Lampard. I mean they're on a streak of 14 games now without a loss. They're finally beating quality teams that they once struggled against under Lampard. Tuchel also has a pedigree and did well at Paris SG and almost won the Champions League with them. I just think he's a better coach than Lampard. Academy players like Mason Mount are playing just as good or maybe even better now. There's just an overall level of energy and enthusiasm that was missing under Lampard.

BTW, I think the reason Lampard got fired is they were losing a ton of games, including games they should have won. The team played with no energy or confidence. I don't think he played them in the appropriate shape either. Notice how Tuchel is starting players that didn't get any play time under Lampard, especially the defenders like Rudiger, Marcos Alonso, and even Christensen. They were getting zero play time before and now since they're playing a lot of minutes, their defense has suddenly become their strength. They're not giving up goals to anyone.

Last edited by TiMSport; 03-22-2021 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 12:55 PM   #10
kanovic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 evo

City fan here...all I watch it epl lol
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 02:19 PM   #11
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Haha. Man City is just too good this season. Everyone else is battling for second place.
Appreciate 1
kanovic456.00
      03-28-2021, 02:57 PM   #12
kanovic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 evo

Quote:
Haha. Man City is just too good this season. Everyone else is battling for second place.
Dias has transformed the team. For the first time since Kompany has been gone that I am not sweating when any team attacks. Crazy leadership and a awesome defender. And only 23
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 07:10 PM   #13
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanovic View Post
City fan here...all I watch it epl lol
I knew there was at least one of you...on Earth.
Appreciate 1
kanovic456.00
      04-04-2021, 07:49 PM   #14
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
How the heck did Chelsea lose on Saturday...at home...to a team in the relegation zone...and give up FIVE points in the match?!?!?
      04-04-2021, 11:46 PM   #15
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
How the heck did Chelsea lose on Saturday...at home...to a team in the relegation zone...and give up FIVE points in the match?!?!?
Don't ask me. That was terrible. They can thank Thiago Silva for getting a red card and leaving his teammates on their own (10 men) for the remaining 60 minutes or so. They gave up the ball so many times which is what they used to do under the previous manager, Lampard. I have to admit though, the opponent was clinical in each of their 5 goals. Even the announcers were dumbfounded. That team (West Brom Albion) had trouble scoring goals all season and suddenly they had a field day against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge! Unbelievable. I'm hoping that was a glitch and they get their act together. They're still in 4th in the PL but we'll see if they can hang on.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614883.50
      04-05-2021, 11:51 AM   #16
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

ManU is finally back on normal TV, and kick-off is 30 minutes before I'm supposed to serve lunch to our guests. I don't have a TV in the "gazebo" outside.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #17
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
ManU is finally back on normal TV, and kick-off is 30 minutes before I'm supposed to serve lunch to our guests. I don't have a TV in the "gazebo" outside.
Huh? Didn't they play yesterday?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 05:56 PM   #18
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Huh? Didn't they play yesterday?
Yeah, but I only got around to complaining today
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2021, 06:47 PM   #19
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, but I only got around to complaining today
LOL. Got it!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 08:46 PM   #20
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

That was a solid win for Chelsea in the Champions League match against Porto today.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 08:26 PM   #21
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

It was nice to see Pulisic score a couple of goals in their latest match.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 11:16 AM   #22
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Yes! Chelsea are off to the semifinals of the Champions League. If they win their next match, they're in the final. That would be the first time in history that a manager takes two different teams in back-to-back years to the finals of Champions League. Pretty impressive feat if they succeed.
Appreciate 1