New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

03-21-2019, 05:58 AM   #1
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Z4 takes on time attack event at Zhejiang Circuit

Just wanted to share below pictures from last weekend's time attack event at Zhejiang International Circuit near Hangzhou in China.

I finished 6th in class D (NA 3.5L or above, 2.5T or above). I was pretty happy with this result, given my limited experience with the track and the inferior AD08R tires. I certainly did not expect that I would beat the Ferrari 458.

My sleeper Z4 with semi-dry oil sump, upgraded cooling, GC lites 2.0 and a BQ tune has been modified according to below. Power is somewhere just above a stock M4 on Chinese pump gas. I ran maximum camber and the softest sway bar setting up front, combined with the stiffest setting rear for this low grip track.

Appreciate 1
cdmulders310.00
      05-19-2019, 03:19 AM   #2
MagicVioletZ1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 BMW Z1, Ferrari 355,SL600

Wow. Thanks for sharing. How different does the car run with the turbos you are now running compared to stock turbos?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 04:41 AM   #3
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Sorry for late response - I mainly post about my car here

I now run the latest version of GC lites, and they open up the top end while sacrificing the low end compared to OEM. There is less torque below 3000rpm and more torque above 5000rpm. The response is also slightly slower than OEM, but you hardly feel it. My car is not tuned for drag racing, so it has a very flat torque curve and about 440hp - slightly faster than the M4 on chinese RON 98. On WOT the car basically pushes you back in the seat at the same rate until redline, with a slight rush towards the top end. Feels absolutely awesome as long as you keep rpms above 3000-3500.

Here's the torque projection. Look at the shape of the graph, not the absolute NM value.

https://datazap.me/u/asbjoern/bq-v22...g=1&data=22-27

Of course WG rattle is no more, and the turbo whine is almost inaudible, especially when new.

Negatives of the GC lites are mainly related to the VTT chargepipe. I have had so many issues with the clamps and silicone hoses that I could write a book about it. Due to all the track time the car sees, these items have been a constant source of boost leaks. I have installed stronger clamps, swapped silicone hoses several times, added heat shields and just purchased stiffer motor mounts to see if it will help.
Appreciate 0