New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

10-11-2017, 08:58 PM   #23
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurcher View Post
Yes, you do
You ain't kidding. I've been on travel like gangbusters these past two months. NYC back and forth, then just got back from the brickyard last week. I started up now on the Z4, but working on some tuning issues with the MC of the DME, BQ Tuning :-). Tonight was "fix my middle son's daily driving Altima" night. We have his 318ti m-technic to do this winter (head gasket, rack, full suspension, clutch).

But it is on my radar to knock the stereo out. I haven't driven the car for several months, and I want to enjoy a month of Fall Virginia weather before I tear it back apart to finish the stereo.

I'm getting to it, I promise!

Filippo
      10-29-2017, 10:50 AM   #24
zedguy
Rep
Drives: 2011 z43.5is

OK experts, I am in the same boat with the professional audio that sucks with the bass response. I have upgraded the rear woofers with the bavsounds with minimal improvement. Doesn't seem like there is much output going to those rear woofers anyway. So should I add a sub woofer like Davis449 or trash the OEM amp with a JL Audio XD600/6v2 amp??
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 04:22 PM   #25
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedguy View Post
OK experts, I am in the same boat with the professional audio that sucks with the bass response. I have upgraded the rear woofers with the bavsounds with minimal improvement. Doesn't seem like there is much output going to those rear woofers anyway. So should I add a sub woofer like Davis449 or trash the OEM amp with a JL Audio XD600/6v2 amp??
If I owned my car (it's a lease), I would've replaced the stock "woofers" with real subs and still use the same connectivity I have to my current JL XD600/1V2 amp. The Bavsound and other drop-ins aren't going to cut it without separate amplification. Therefore, why spend money on those when you can just put real subs and an amp back there?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 08:24 AM   #26
Lurcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 z4

Quote:
So should I add a sub woofer like Davis449 or trash the OEM amp with a JL Audio XD600/6v2 amp??
Found the issue. Stock amp sucks. If you go with a 8 channel, remember the mid-bass (down by your feet) run mono - so you will have to loose the center channel to get them in stereo. Sound processing will take care of things, you won't miss it....

Search the forums - discussion on this over the summer...
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 03:29 PM   #27
zedguy
Rep
Drives: 2011 z43.5is

OK, I want to replace the stock amp and put in a sub like a JL pictured above. I tried to contact Technic PnP but they never responded to my emails. So with the proper harness can I run the all the speakers and the sub of off a 6 channel amp? Or does the Technic replacement amp harness allow for a sub line feed and use a powered sub? Ideas needed ! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 08:42 PM   #28
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

If you are going to replace the amp/dsp (it's a combination box), this is what you want: http://www.bimmer-tech.net/audio-amplifier-for-bmw/. They also supply the correct wiring harness for the E89 Z4 (it is unique to the car, ridiculously, like many other parts that otherwise seem the same to E90 cars).

That amp will not only drive your speaker setup, but it has a preout 2-channel so you can run an external amp/sub if you desire. With built-in DSP and software provided by audiotec-fischer you can completely configure its behavior.

Why do you see other choices as a better alternative? Just curious ....

Filippo
      11-08-2017, 11:32 AM   #29
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
OK, I want to replace the stock amp and put in a sub like a JL pictured above. I tried to contact Technic PnP but they never responded to my emails. So with the proper harness can I run the all the speakers and the sub of off a 6 channel amp? Or does the Technic replacement amp harness allow for a sub line feed and use a powered sub? Ideas needed ! Thanks
The Technic harness provides 1 pair of preouts. I, personally, would run a sub off a separate amp regardless. I still strongly recommend you to keep the stock amp, add a good sub\amp combo, turn off the surround, and adjust to liking. Then, if that doesn't do it for you, replace the stock amp.
Appreciate 1
fmorelli160.00
      11-13-2017, 06:48 PM   #30
Lurcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 z4

Once you set the options on the Bimmer-tech (Audiotec-Fischer) amp - you will want it. Multi-frequency eq (by channel), time alignment, and more power to boot. Truly plug and play (right Filippo??)

Have this in both my Z4, and the x3 - spent a good 3 hrs playing with the X3 set-up yesterday....

Again - search - lots of data out her about Filippo's and my conversations around sound and options....
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 09:07 PM   #31
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I have the new harness which Bimmer-tech fabricated for us (scant) Z4 guys, so all should be good. I'm on travel latter half of November. Hopefully in December I'll finish the stereo install.

Filippo
      11-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #32
mrkoven
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 35i

I've thought about adding a trunk sub but I'm worried that the heavy bass may affect/loosen the hardtop mechanism. Probably unlikely but not sure.
      01-12-2021, 08:33 AM   #33
ElleBlyth
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z

Hi...I haven't installed the F32 framework from Bavsound, however have correlation vehicles in the carport, E46, E53 and E90 with their speakers. Except if Bav has essentially changed their speakers over the most recent year and a half, I speculate they would be similar speakers as what I have accessible.

Simply being sure about making correlations.. I desire to the Alpha One framework introduced in possibly fourteen days.

rapid smt assembly

Last edited by ElleBlyth; 01-20-2021 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 0