New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

08-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #23
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
also

Read my lips Mr. Blue if you can get the mud out of your eyes

I was not talking to you nor was I mentioning anything that should provoke you to bud in.

I simply told the fellow that I made similar mistakes and that in the end he has to live with the car he purchases ... I fail to see what all this has to do with closure ???

Further more I post here as often as I please, I said it before it is an open forum for I am still looking for a nice weekend car like a low milage Z4 M 2008 (I know there is one out there and I will find it) so you see my interest is still very high on this fine automobile. So stop spitting in my soup okay ... thanks

You stated the other day that you had complete closure, but by replying to the OP and lamenting about the fact you did not do your homework before purchasing your z4, so you can see how any rational person (as it wouldn't take a psychiatrist) would think you had not come to any closure yet. Since it is an open forum, I commented and made the observation. I had hoped there was a shot that I was wrong and that you would have replied in jest. But, it seems based on your snippy little reply, that it is still a sore subject for you.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 08-31-2011 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #24
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Next time when I stay overnight in Flagstaff and head north to Vegas perhaps we can have a and talk about it ... meanwhile keep well and have fun in your Z4

Perhaps I pass thru your neck of the woods in my M3 or once I find that low milage Z4 M it be that car I let you drive

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #25
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Next time when I stay overnight in Flagstaff and head north to Vegas perhaps we can have a and talk about it ... meanwhile keep well and have fun in your Z4

Perhaps I pass thru your neck of the woods in my M3 or once I find that low milage Z4 M it be that car I let you drive
Geez, thanks, but no thanks Mr. P. A. I really have no desire to drive the old Z4 model, so it not be, and unfortunately I'm a good 3 hours out of your way to the south.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 08-31-2011 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #26
timber511
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z435IS

any reviews for kw v3
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 06:45 PM   #27
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
Geez, thanks, but no thanks Mr. P. A. I really have no desire to drive the old Z4 model, so it not be, and unfortunately I'm a good 3 hours out of your way to the south.
three hours is nothing in your car and what if I make the trip in my M3 a detour to the south is nothing for me besides I've never been to Phoenix or Casa Grande for that matter I hear it's nice down there and housing is cheep might purchase a winter vacation residence our Canadian winters are nothing to write home about ... and if I find a Z4 M in the meantime I might park it in sunny Arizona ... one never knows ...

BTW ... tell me are you being witty ... what does P. A. stand for? see I am German/Canadian and really don't understand what it means ... perhaps you can elaborate? Don't tell me it means "Personal Assistant" that be the only slang I know for PA and I have no need to be anyones Personal Assistant any more

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 08-31-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #28
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
three hours is nothing in your car and what if I make the trip in my M3 a detour to the south is nothing for me besides I've never been to Phoenix or Casa Grande for that matter I hear it's nice down there and housing is cheep might purchase a winter vacation residence our Canadian winters are nothing to write home about ... and if I find a Z4 M in the meantime I might park it in sunny Arizona ... one never knows ...

BTW ... tell me are you being witty ... what does P. A. stand for? see I am German/Canadian and really don't understand what it means ... perhaps you can elaborate? Don't tell me it means "Personal Assistant" that be the only slang I know for PA and I have no need to be anyones Personal Assistant any more
We have a number of forclosures that are "cheap" if you want to add your own toilet and cabinets to it. Or you can buy a house way out in BF Egypt like Casa Grande if you really need a "cheep" house. Do you like milking your own cow? ..and the Z4 will fit in an oversized outhouse, that doubles as your "garage".

If you want a toilet, and like living within 20 minutes of a modern grocery store, like grass and trees, and don't really like living amongst the gangs, then the housing won't be cheap here in AZ.

P. A. Passive Aggressive
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #29
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
We have a number of forclosures that are "cheap" if you want to add your own toilet and cabinets to it. Or you can buy a house way out in BF Egypt like Casa Grande if you really need a "cheep" house. Do you like milking your own cow? ..and the Z4 will fit in an oversized outhouse, that doubles as your "garage".

well done ....

If you want a toilet, and like living within 20 minutes of a modern grocery store, like grass and trees, and don't really like living amongst the gangs, then the housing won't be cheap here in AZ.

P. A. Passive Aggressive
and here .... you mentioned and I quote .... "I had hoped there was a shot that I was wrong and that you would have replied in jest" End of quote.

here I was going to practice my "jest" ... guess I best not head too far south ever seams to be a lot of anger against us folks here up north.

BTW don't waste your time to reply I found that ignore button rather easy to use I found.

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #30
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Quote:
I found that ignore button rather easy to use I found.
Works both ways....
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 09:13 PM   #31
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by timber511 View Post
I traded in my 335i x drive 2 month ago b/c i didn't like the car's suspension.enen though i switched to H&R coilover and both front and back swaybars. then i bought my z435is, i also feel the suspension very lazy and too much body movement ( even with sport plus ) , the car feel not tight enough consider it is a roadstar. Now i have two options , i could trade in the car and get a different veh ( nissan 370z , infiniti g37 ,porsche boster spyder ,bmw m3 or lexus isf ) ,i will lost a lot of money on that or i could buy a set of kw v3 coilover and hopefully it will cure a lof of extra body movement. I love to dr stiff car

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICES
Advice, trade for something you know you like.

With all due respect, if I was selling you stuff to mod your car, I'd be in a bit of a quandary what to sell - exactly. No doubt there's parts out there, but unless you can describe what you want or how want you car to behave you're shooting in the dark.

Press 1 if you want a track car for the street. You don't mind jarring your teeth loose or compressing the vertebrae of your spine

Press 2 if you don't want to give up comfort but want a littler stiffer springs and a less body roll

Press 3 if you want Porsche like precision, ride and roll stiffness ----> don't stop but go directly to your nearest Porsche dealership. They'll see you coming and are willing to help.

Press 4 you don't know how to describe it
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #32
timber511
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z435IS

press 1 works for me
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 05:57 PM   #33
taranfx
Z4 35is
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is || 2016 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan@IND View Post
KW V3's completely altered the dynamic of our E89. We were not satisfied with the out of box settings on V3's, however, once we dialed everything in we were very pleased. I do agree that starting small with the sways might be a good idea. Also, keep in mind you will lose EDC function with KW. If that adjustibility is something you are keen on that might help you in locating the best solution for your vehicle. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me directly.

On a side note the ride height on KW's is amazing

I'm thinking of getting rid of my H&R swaybars, they just feel overkill with KWv3 especially when going over bumps. the whole body moves if one wheel gets over the slightest bump on the road resulting in creaks. Is it really worth having sways with Kwv3. WDYT?

Also, what damping/rebound are you running for street and canyon carving?
      08-28-2019, 11:34 PM   #34
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Im interested in settings people use with their V3 aswell. For city streets and highways stock bump and rebound is superb, but happened to drive some bumpy country roads last weekend and it felt way too stiff. Like its rattling my car apart. Taran already posted his settings. Would be great to see what others are using.
      10-25-2019, 01:56 PM   #35
scootr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 3.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by timber511 View Post
I traded in my 335i x drive 2 month ago b/c i didn't like the car's suspension.enen though i switched to H&R coilover and both front and back swaybars. then i bought my z435is, i also feel the suspension very lazy and too much body movement ( even with sport plus ) , the car feel not tight enough consider it is a roadstar. Now i have two options , i could trade in the car and get a different veh ( nissan 370z , infiniti g37 ,porsche boster spyder ,bmw m3 or lexus isf ) ,i will lost a lot of money on that or i could buy a set of kw v3 coilover and hopefully it will cure a lof of extra body movement. I love to dr stiff car

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICES

My advice is be careful what you ask for.
Appreciate 0