New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

08-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #1
VailM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is

z4 concept

As A 35iS owner I think I will be happy to hold onto my car, at least till Z4M comes out (if it does)

It isn't though I don't think most of those elements will make the production version. Also the Supra will be the coupe and more than likely the one to have over the rag top Z4.

The first images of BMW’s much-hyped Z4 Concept have just emerged online, shortly before the vehicle’s world debut at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

The German marque has yet to release official details about the sports car concept but yesterday we learnt that the car does indeed preview the next-generation Z4. If the production car looks anything like the concept, BMW has a winner on its hands.

The concept has been finished in a unique matte orange color and rolls on a set of silver and black wheels. Additionally, it adopts a pointed front end with an angular kidney grille, a pair of large air intakes and aggressive headlights with incorporated LED daytime running lights.

The rear is also particularly impressive and includes small silver buttresses behind both head rests, curvaceous taillights and dual tailpipes painted silver. This being a concept, the wing mirrors and windscreen surround are both stupendously thin.

Stay tuned for more details as the day progresses.

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/08/say...4-concept.html
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 08:44 AM   #2
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

I dont hate it. It looks cool. I think I was just hoping that it would finally be a roaster to get the Z8 out of my mind. And it isn't successful. I still think the Z8 is the most beautiful car BMW ever made, at the very least, most beautiful roadster. For me, the lines of the Z8 are just so much more classy and smooth. This is a little too sharp and aggressive for me. I can only hope prices of the Z8 start to drop at some point.

Please bring back Henrik Fisker

EDIT:

OK, i went back to look at the pics again. Heres my full take:

1. I think I'd like it more in a black, or dark blue. Matte just isn't for me- but that color would look good on an M car.
2. The grill should be scaled back a little smaller.
3. the lower center vent should not be a contrasting color to the rest of the bumper. A lot of these BMW concepts lately have reminding me of Jim Carey's Mask character.
4. I think the side profile looks great.
5. Not a fan of the big fender vents. I'm sure it for aero, but I'd prefer a smaller vent like the Z8's.
6. Tonneau cover cover should be body color, not contrasting brushed aluminum.
7. Lose the "CSL" lip spoiler on the rear deck.
8. Interior is a no go for me. Way to futuristic.
9. Find a better subject for you press photos than Steve Aioki. Use this for inspiration....

http://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/up...s-1280x960.jpg

Verdict: Z8 is still the king. If I can't afford one, my back up is an F-type.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......

Last edited by JoeyBananaz18; 08-17-2017 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #3
cruisingdownthestreet
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
I dont hate it. It looks cool. I think I was just hoping that it would finally be a roaster to get the Z8 out of my mind. And it isn't successful. I still think the Z8 is the most beautiful car BMW ever made, at the very least, most beautiful roadster. For me, the lines of the Z8 are just so much more classy and smooth. This is a little too sharp and aggressive for me. I can only hope prices of the Z8 start to drop at some point.

Please bring back Henrik Fisker

EDIT:

OK, i went back to look at the pics again. Heres my full take:

1. I think I'd like it more in a black, or dark blue. Matte just isn't for me- but that color would look good on an M car.
2. The grill should be scaled back a little smaller.
3. the lower center vent should not be a contrasting color to the rest of the bumper. A lot of these BMW concepts lately have reminding me of Jim Carey's Mask character.
4. I think the side profile looks great.
5. Not a fan of the big fender vents. I'm sure it for aero, but I'd prefer a smaller vent like the Z8's.
6. Tonneau cover cover should be body color, not contrasting brushed aluminum.
7. Lose the "CSL" lip spoiler on the rear deck.
8. Interior is a no go for me. Way to futuristic.
9. Find a better subject for you press photos than Steve Aioki. Use this for inspiration....

http://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/up...s-1280x960.jpg

Verdict: Z8 is still the king. If I can't afford one, my back up is an F-type.
Miata in the front; Porsche in the back.