New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

07-12-2016, 06:23 AM   #23
oguzhansaka
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is, 2023 BMW M3cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiicytuna View Post
OK this doesn't work for me as a buyer who likes to research and self-educate before purchasing. Obvious question from your post is; can you specify some reasons why you feel this way? When you say with DCT it will never work properly can you give clear examples? From what I can tell (and I am referring to many different n54 powered BMW's not just the e89) there seems to be A LOT of people runnig the JB4. On the n54tech forums, again, lots of people manual and DCT, are turning in big numbers and running daily with the JB4.

I am open to your opinion but to say "this sucks" without further explanation doesn't tell me anything. What are you running on your car since I assume it's not the JB4? How's it going? Have you ever run the JB4?
You said you love researching but haven't done any yet as we can see, and the way you are asking for help and recommendation won't really bring any answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurcher View Post
I still don't see proof that the product sucks. Head on over to n54tech or "that other - bimmer - forum that shall not - boost - be named" and take a look, almost no one supports your position. I don't have one, but will be purchasing one in the near future.

Logs on someone else's car don't prove your point....
Weren't you the one who calls downpipe to a chargepipe lol. I would love to see you run JB4
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 12:19 PM   #24
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
I still don't see proof that the product sucks. Head on over to ******** or "that other - bimmer - forum that shall not - boost - be named" and take a look, almost no one supports your position. I don't have one, but will be purchasing one in the near future.

Logs on someone else's car don't prove your point....
Jb4 has been notorious for causing DCT slippage, and shift delays. When these things get reported the thread gets buried fast. I am sure if you search for "slippage" on that sight it will be synonymous for the DCT cars.

Most cases those who say the DCT performs fine dont know how a DCT should perform and get its mixed up with a slushbox 6AT and think its normal.

Since development on this platform has dramatically grown it has made it much easier to compare tuners. If you go the JB4 route then more likely you will have to get MHD, when you do I would be more than happy to send you a demo map to compare with the JB4 setup.

I will challenge anyone else to the comparison also.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 08:14 AM   #25
Lambobimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 2018 TTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
Jb4 has been notorious for causing DCT slippage, and shift delays. When these things get reported the thread gets buried fast. I am sure if you search for "slippage" on that sight it will be synonymous for the DCT cars.

Most cases those who say the DCT performs fine dont know how a DCT should perform and get its mixed up with a slushbox 6AT and think its normal.

Since development on this platform has dramatically grown it has made it much easier to compare tuners. If you go the JB4 route then more likely you will have to get MHD, when you do I would be more than happy to send you a demo map to compare with the JB4 setup.

I will challenge anyone else to the comparison also.
I can't imagine why anyone would waste their time with JB4 at this point.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 02:34 PM   #26
hooolala
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i

so do you guys recommend use MHD only or JB4 with MHD?

thinking of trying out MHD...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 02:52 PM   #27
talhagursoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooolala
so do you guys recommend use MHD only or JB4 with MHD?

thinking of trying out MHD...
Don't you have JB4 in your DCT with no problem
      07-14-2016, 02:53 PM   #28
hooolala
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by talhagursoy View Post
Don't you have JB4 in your DCT with no problem
doesn't hurt to try out.. and if you don't want to answer, that's fine with me..

but i still want to thank BuraQ and dwspen01 for explaining the JB4 problem.

Last edited by hooolala; 07-14-2016 at 03:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #29
hooolala
Enlisted Member
Rep

i hate to say this, but with this kind of attitude, no wonder people barely post anything on this forum.

Last edited by hooolala; 07-14-2016 at 03:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 01:59 PM   #30
Lurcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oguzhansaka View Post

Weren't you the one who calls downpipe to a chargepipe lol. I would love to see you run JB4

Don't change the subject - still no proof offered.... What I do is irrelevant to your original argument.

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 11:23 PM   #31
JohnGalo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive35is

Quote:
Don't change the subject - still no proof offered.... What I do is irrelevant to your original argument.

Seems like those people don't give a single fak for you and answer any of your question. Otherwise, I see a well known professional tuner, and some experienced people here. I am pretty sure you do not know how to check their previous posts, otherwise you wouldn't bark here.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 05:00 PM   #32
Lambobimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 2018 TTRS

Quote:

Why don't you run some serious boost on your JB4 and see what happens to your DCT.

There is a reason why all of the smart people run a flash tune with their DCT.
At this point, you should just skip everyone's advice and deal with the consequences.

What other platform still uses a piggyback anyways? They only reason this old technology is in existence is because BMW was smart enough to encript their DME and it took a while to crack it. Do you really think that anyone would use a piggyback tune if flash tuning would have been available.
Appreciate 0