New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-23-2020, 12:35 PM   #551
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
N54Yankee's Avatar
United_States
2221
Rep
1,608
Posts

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
some say this is the guy most responsible for warping the brains of a generation of American students. i disagree. it's more like three generations and counting==>
The educational cancer that was Zinn. My X was a B.U. Graduate and was well to familiar with his BS. She didn’t take any of his classes but the talk was around about his beliefs and the capturing of naive college minds.

Zinn described himself as "something of an anarchist, something of a socialist. Maybe a democratic socialist."

And what does sanders call himself, Democrat socialist. If we remove that thin veneer of dem socialist underneath is anarchy to reach its goal of communism.
__________________
__________________
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 4
MKSixer20146.00
SakhirM410011.00
Poiseuille4012.50

      02-23-2020, 01:10 PM   #552
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8184
Rep
13,594
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

"A great win for Bernie Sanders"
President Trump.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.
I see a move in play, Trump style.
Imo, he's going to try and get the Bernie bros somewhat on his side, for now, while also taunting them to go after the MSM and DNC.
They already know both are trying to kill Bernie off.

Sure sounds like Schiff was the leaker of RUSSIA for Trump and RUSSIA for Bernie. How is he still in these meetings?
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 01:15 PM   #553
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
6540
Rep
2,869
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Valid points Efthreeoh and MKSixer. We are in for an entertaining year, that's for sure. As always the huge unknown wildcard will be folks who didn't vote in 2016 who now will and folks who voted in 2016 who will now stay home. Makes these things impossible to call.

The Dems are swinging about as far left as one can go as an answer to Trump and I think that's a yuuuge mistake. Even my lefty leaning ass agreed with many of Trumps policies and decisions, especially the ones that are never reported on by the MSM. I often find myself learning of something he's signed where I think "yeah, I'm totally down with that. Good job." Of course crickets from the media. As others have said it's his outbursts and demeanor that really turn me off. It's embarrassing and honestly I just don't think he's got the mental capacity to run the country. But what really terrifies me about another 4 years of Trump is his penchant to surround himself with sycophants and a yes men, as well as people who are so unqualified for their positions as to put this county in danger. Trump's narcissism requires him to be the smartest person in the room at all times and that's a pretty low bar to measure up against. I worry we are stacking the deck with inexperienced morons who can't or won't balance out Trumps often irrational whims.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer20146.00
cmyx6go3594.00

      02-23-2020, 01:24 PM   #554
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
1469
Rep
1,619
Posts

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Saint Louis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Valid points Efthreeoh and MKSixer. We are in for an entertaining year, that's for sure. As always the huge unknown wildcard will be folks who didn't vote in 2016 who now will and folks who voted in 2016 who will now stay home. Makes these things impossible to call.

The Dems are swinging about as far left as one can go as an answer to Trump and I think that's a yuuuge mistake. Even my lefty leaning ass agreed with many of Trumps policies and decisions, especially the ones that are never reported on by the MSM. I often find myself learning of something he's signed where I think "yeah, I'm totally down with that. Good job." Of course crickets from the media. As others have said it's his outbursts and demeanor that really turn me off. It's embarrassing and honestly I just don't think he's got the mental capacity to run the country. But what really terrifies me about another 4 years of Trump is his penchant to surround himself with sycophants and a yes men, as well as people who are so unqualified for their positions as to put this county in danger. Trump's narcissism requires him to be the smartest person in the room at all times and that's a pretty low bar to measure up against. I worry we are stacking the deck with inexperienced morons who can't or won't balance out Trumps often irrational whims.
Very much agreed on this. To add to it, I fear how he acts during a recession. My view is that whomever is in the Oval Office over the next 4 years is going to have a recession on their hands and he just doesn’t strike me as having the temperament or knowledge to deal with it rationally.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2020, 01:46 PM   #555
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
2165
Rep
5,740
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Even my lefty leaning ass agreed with many of Trumps policies and decisions, especially the ones that are never reported on by the MSM.
Probably because the left ran on some of those same policies for MANY MANY years and only just recently jumped off the deep end and went SUPER left.

Example immigration: https://www.npr.org/2019/02/19/69480...nged-the-party

https://apps.npr.org/dailygraphics/g...tion-20190208/

The Dems require the POC/immigrant vote to win an election. Thus they pander to them.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2020, 01:59 PM   #556
adc100
Colonel
1717
Rep
2,038
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
and he just doesn’t strike me as having the temperament or knowledge to deal with it rationally.
You mean like closing our borders to over three weeks ago to chinese
or challlanging china on stealing our secrets
or cutting illegal immigration
or defeating Isis
or getting us out of a failed iran deal
or recognizing the capital of Israel
or taking the fight of syria
or getting NATO to pay their fair share
or getting a better deal with Mexico/Canada
or getting Mexico to police their norhtern and southern boarder
or getting ready for a big deal with India
or getting world leaders to know we are not giving the farm away likke ODumbo
or actually showing blacks that he cares about them
or cutting regulations and red tape
or pushing to have our military beyond world class-soldiers love him
or partnering with police instead of trying to prosecute them like ODumbo
or getting ICE to effectively take out illegal criminals
or engagind centeral american countries to try to solve them fleewing north
or trying and succeding to get more countries to invest ion the U.S.
or motivating Americans to feel Proud of our accomplishments.
or supporting Americans to have the right to protect themselves

I could go on but I am going shooting right now.

I doubt if any off the Dim candidates supports 5% of this and none could accomplish any of it. I thank God I made decent use of the brain I was given.

Last edited by adc100; 02-23-2020 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 5
Torgus2164.50
Efthreeoh6593.50
MKSixer20146.00
Poiseuille4012.50
N54Yankee2221.00

      02-23-2020, 05:19 PM   #557
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
6540
Rep
2,869
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I've not seen where he's actually been irrational and acted on a whim. Had both Republicans and Democrats worked with Trump instead of against him, we might actually have been better off.
Well our political pre-dispositions will certainly cause us to see the same thing and draw two different conclusions. You'll not convince me he's intelligent, not a narcissist, not impulsive, and mentally stable any more than I'll convince you of the contrary. So, we will simply have to agree to disagree.
Appreciate 2
      02-23-2020, 08:09 PM   #558
adc100
Colonel
1717
Rep
2,038
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
You'll not convince me he's intelligent, not a narcissist, not impulsive, and mentally stable any more than I'll convince you of the contrary. So, we will simply have to agree to disagree.
You couldn't read or understand my list. I guess you have an excuse then.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 08:15 PM   #559
BeastieBombRacing
mmmbrap
BeastieBombRacing's Avatar
352
Rep
478
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
You couldn't read or understand my list. I guess you have an excuse then.
Quote:
or supporting Americans to have the right to protect themselves
“ Trump: We’re going to take the firearms first and then go to court, because that’s another system. Because a lot of times by the time you go to court … it takes so long to go to court to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida; he had a lot of fires [and] they saw everything. To go to court would have taken a long time, so you could do exactly what you’re saying but take the guns first, go through due process second.”
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 08:40 PM   #560
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
2826
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Probably because the left ran on some of those same policies for MANY MANY years and only just recently jumped off the deep end and went SUPER left.

Example immigration: https://www.npr.org/2019/02/19/69480...nged-the-party

https://apps.npr.org/dailygraphics/g...tion-20190208/

The Dems require the POC/immigrant vote to win an election. Thus they pander to them.
The Left saw the blue-collar middle class, which was a huge chunk of their constituency, start to disappear in the late '90s. So they bailed on them and stepped up their pandering to immigrants. The fact that illegal immigrants drive down the price of labor for several groups that the Left claims to still care about, means nothing to the Left. Once they bailed on the working man, they've never looked back. Enter, Trump.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 1
Torgus2164.50

      02-23-2020, 08:45 PM   #561
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
6540
Rep
2,869
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
You couldn't read or understand my list. I guess you have an excuse then.
That's rather un-called for.
Appreciate 2
      02-23-2020, 08:50 PM   #562
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
6540
Rep
2,869
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
The Left saw the blue-collar middle class, which was a huge chunk of their constituency, start to disappear in the late '90s. So they bailed on them and stepped up their pandering to immigrants. The fact that illegal immigrants drive down the price of labor for several groups that the Left claims to still care about, means nothing to the Left. Once they bailed on the working man, they've never looked back. Enter, Trump.
In looking back, its like the the Dems set that ball up there on the old t-ball stand and handed Trump the bat.

Im not so sure they never looked back. I think they are just so completely out of touch with reality that they have no idea how to appeal to that group anymore.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2020, 08:58 PM   #563
BeastieBombRacing
mmmbrap
BeastieBombRacing's Avatar
352
Rep
478
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post


they are just so completely out of touch with reality


Ooh, that’s a bingo
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 09:34 PM   #564
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
2826
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
In looking back, its like the the Dems set that ball up there on the old t-ball stand and handed Trump the bat.
He grabbed it by the pussy, same as any shrewd opportunist would have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Im not so sure they never looked back. I think they are just so completely out of touch with reality that they have no idea how to appeal to that group anymore.
You may be right, but I don't think it matters. Not to the working class voters. Which is why they'll be voting for Trump again. And the more wacky the Democratic candidate is, the more of them will turn out.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 2
      02-23-2020, 09:37 PM   #565
BeastieBombRacing
mmmbrap
BeastieBombRacing's Avatar
352
Rep
478
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
He grabbed it by the pussy, same as any shrewd opportunist would have.



You may be right, but I don't think it matters. Not to the working class voters. Which is why they'll be voting for Trump again. And the more wacky the Democratic candidate is, the more of them will turn out.
“But in most countries he’d be a moderate”, is what Bernie supporters constantly try to tell me
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 09:37 PM   #566
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
2826
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
“But in most countries he’d be a moderate”, is what Bernie supporters constantly try to tell me
"He" being whom?
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 11:18 PM   #567
BeastieBombRacing
mmmbrap
BeastieBombRacing's Avatar
352
Rep
478
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
"He" being whom?
Bernie Sanders.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 12:28 AM   #568
Germanauto
Brigadier General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
3995
Rep
3,324
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

The DNC has only itself to blame for this mess.

For years now they've permitted radical leftists to infiltrate college campuses and the media, and over the past 4-5 years they've had a vitriolic hate for Trump that the people who dislike him don't just dislike him, but want the complete 180 polar opposite of him in office.

Now they have a surprised Pikachu face when their party has been overrun by its radical wing.
__________________
Make BMW Great Again
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2020, 08:01 AM   #569
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
6540
Rep
2,869
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'm not politically predisposed to anything. I am predisposed to logic.

I certainly agree his a narcissist, but so are other past presidents and most of the candidates in the 2020 election cycle. Just for example, Obama said in a speech 5 days before the 2008 election that his presidency was going to be the start of healing the planet and slowing the rise of the oceans. If that's not narcissistic, then good Lord what is the definition?

You say he is not intelligent and is impulsive, yet he has his name all over the world on buildings and golf courses and has a quite sizeable real estate portfolio worth multiple billions. I'll take that as evidence he has some upped level of intelligence and is not impulsive, since being stupid and being impulsive usually doesn't garner that level of success. If you want to say someone else in his organization rather than him achieved such success, then that pretty much shoots your narcissist theory to hell.

As I've stated many times before, I really don't like his persona. He appears childish to me with the stupid twitter account. And he appears to be difficult to work for. He'd not be the first president in that realm either.

My definition of mental instability is thinking humans can spend sixteen trillion dollars on preventing climate change and "saving the planet". It's not scientifically possible.
I totally hear you on the predisposition to logic. That's where human nature and our brains really mess with us. All those illogical, irrational, straight up bat-shit crazy positions that you see folks on the Left take, well to them they are completely and totally logical. It's why we get into this circular pattern of the Right pointing to the Left and saying "how can you guys not see how completely, mentally, ill they are?" While the Left looks at the Right and says the same thing. I wish I had taken a few phycology classes in college as this phenomena actually really fascinates me. Anyway, not saying you're nuts or I'm nuts. Just saying we each base positions on what's logical to us but that "logic" is not necessarily a fixed point. Case in point, I've approached some positions on this forum from what I thought was a rock solid position of logic, only to have another member give me a different perspective that served to shift my opinion. My base of knowledge changed and therefore what I found logical shifted.

Off to work, have a great day and thanks for the conversation this weekend.
Appreciate 3
      02-24-2020, 08:04 AM   #570
adc100
Colonel
1717
Rep
2,038
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Delete
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 08:09 AM   #571
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
3594
Rep
1,415
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I totally hear you on the predisposition to logic. That's where human nature and our brains really mess with us. All those illogical, irrational, straight up bat-shit crazy positions that you see folks on the Left take, well to them they are completely and totally logical. It's why we get into this circular pattern of the Right pointing to the Left and saying "how can you guys not see how completely, mentally, ill they are?" While the Left looks at the Right and says the same thing. I wish I had taken a few phycology classes in college as this phenomena actually really fascinates me. Anyway, not saying you're nuts or I'm nuts. Just saying we each base positions on what's logical to us but that "logic" is not necessarily a fixed point. Case in point, I've approached some positions on this forum from what I thought was a rock solid position of logic, only to have another member give me a different perspective that served to shift my opinion. My base of knowledge changed and therefore what I found logical shifted.

Off to work, have a great day and thanks for the conversation this weekend.
And you win the internet today. It blows my mind how some people refuse to actually discuss and listen to others perspectives and are so closed minded. I'm all ears if you can make a fair argument.
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 4
      02-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #572
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
1469
Rep
1,619
Posts

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Saint Louis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
And you win the internet today. It blows my mind how some people refuse to actually discuss and listen to others perspectives and are so closed minded. I'm all ears if you can make a fair argument.
I have long thought that one of the perils of faceless interactions (aka, social media, forums, etc.) is the echo chamber and inability to exhibit empathy. When people interact face to face I think it becomes apparent that most of us agree on a lot of things, or at least can see where the other side comes from.

We see the lack thereof and demonization on this forum, and many others, unfortunately.
__________________
Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST