New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

02-08-2023, 07:36 PM   #23
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

Beat deal doesn’t necessarily means cheapest one around.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 08:13 PM   #24
saijin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafichicago View Post
Beat deal doesn’t necessarily means cheapest one around.
Then what's the solution?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 08:23 PM   #25
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

Price is only one of many aspects of the car purchase. Dealers are in a business of selling cars and making money in the process. When the car is listed cheaper it’s usually for a reason. Thing is that chances are if you buy the cheapest in the area by the time you sort out few issues with it it turns out you’d be able to buy one in good condition without going through the hassle of repairing it, unless you DIY it may make financial sense. It’s all personal preference. I work on my cars but sometimes I’ll pay mechanic to fix things, but the way I see it if one’s budget is 5K than 10K car is not in the cards. If one has budget of 50K 55K is usually doable for better example. Get the best one you can afford.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 09:58 AM   #26
saijin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafichicago View Post
Price is only one of many aspects of the car purchase. Dealers are in a business of selling cars and making money in the process. When the car is listed cheaper it’s usually for a reason. Thing is that chances are if you buy the cheapest in the area by the time you sort out few issues with it it turns out you’d be able to buy one in good condition without going through the hassle of repairing it, unless you DIY it may make financial sense. It’s all personal preference. I work on my cars but sometimes I’ll pay mechanic to fix things, but the way I see it if one’s budget is 5K than 10K car is not in the cards. If one has budget of 50K 55K is usually doable for better example. Get the best one you can afford.
I agree, I work on my car and use a mechanic for impossible issues.
I only know of dealership and used car sales men.

Are there other options to get a good car below budget?
Appreciate 0