E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sirius radio: Anyone have problems with activation?

07-14-2005, 08:43 PM   #1
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Sirius radio: Anyone have problems with activation?

I just had the Sirius installed. The dealership had some problems and it took them three days to do it. I finally got the car back and now I can't activate it after two tries. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the resolution? The radio just isn't getting the signal.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2005, 12:40 AM   #2
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

the radio should be getting a clear signal if the car is outside, the cust service people from sirius are really helpful and should be able to get things rolling for you.

if you're having a problem, maybe the dealer didn't install it correctly.

Mine's been bulletproof
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2005, 06:53 AM   #3
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
I backed out of the garage this morning with the intention of trying again (before calling the dealer and pitching a fit). I backed further down the driveway than I was last night and the satellite radio just came right on. I mush have been too close to the house or something. So - my bad. Works great! Now I just have to find the channels I like!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2005, 07:52 AM   #4
Spaceman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
I backed out of the garage this morning with the intention of trying again (before calling the dealer and pitching a fit). I backed further down the driveway than I was last night and the satellite radio just came right on. I mush have been too close to the house or something. So - my bad. Works great! Now I just have to find the channels I like!
When I was activating the sat. radio, the lady from Sirius told me to tune to their preview channel, make sure the car have unobstructed view to the sky. She said she will send signal to my car and after awhile my screen should say "activated" or something. Well it didn't, and I thought maybe the signal wasn't getting thru. Tried on 2nd time and still no "activated" sign, then I switched to another channel and realised that its already working. Probably on the 1st try too, just that the radio display does not show any indication. (on the I-drive radio, that is.)
      07-15-2005, 10:35 AM   #5
itznin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman
When I was activating the sat. radio, the lady from Sirius told me to tune to their preview channel, make sure the car have unobstructed view to the sky. She said she will send signal to my car and after awhile my screen should say "activated" or something. Well it didn't, and I thought maybe the signal wasn't getting thru. Tried on 2nd time and still no "activated" sign, then I switched to another channel and realised that its already working. Probably on the 1st try too, just that the radio display does not show any indication. (on the I-drive radio, that is.)
Same happened for me, after hanging up with Sirius they said it will say activated, but it never happened. But after 2-3 minutes after hanging up I already had all of the channels
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2005, 11:15 AM   #6
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Mine keeps de activating!!!!

It's driving me crazy

Ive already called Sirius 3 time about this.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2005, 11:16 AM   #7
itznin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

When you say deactivating do you mean losing signal or does it actually say call to activate?

That would be a first........
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2005, 02:36 PM   #8
stack
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

Has everyone been getting the free year of service?

stack
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #9
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
So that I could hook up XM Direct in my 2001 e46, I had to purchase and install a used later model stock BMW satellite-ready headunit. After I got everything hooked up I powered her up to admire my work and enjoy the sound of my new satellite radio. Nothin.
I checked all my connections and pulled the headunit again to double check. Nothin. Starting to get annoyed.
Checked the antenna connections, pulled the radio again. Now I'm officially p*ssed. Nothin.
After about a half hour of dorkin' around, I'm ready to kick the dog and clobber the neighbors. Then I moved the car down about 3 feet in my driveway. Bingo.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2005, 03:09 PM   #10
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by itznin
When you say deactivating do you mean losing signal or does it actually say call to activate?

That would be a first........
It says that I need to call to activate.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2005, 03:32 PM   #11
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

that happened to me once, but the radio still worked and once you listened to a channel the preset came back.

try using the category button to go to the station you want, then listen to your presets and they may come back
Appreciate 0