New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-09-2020, 03:56 AM   #23
BMWZ4SDRIVE35I2009
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 SDRIVE35I

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiZ4 View Post
Any news?
First of all, I'm not familiar at all with forums in general....So all my apologies!

I still have this issue as my roof doesn't open anymore...because I haven't had the time much to check this out but when I scanned it today what was reported was a fault code "A568" that says ID failure 27EH convertible roof top. And at the very first time I had also a CTM fault code .......

What does that mean?

I also took off the inside part of the roof to take a look at the unlocking system but it didn't reveal anything default but maybe it could be the little motor that doesn't work anymore or maybe also the CTM that is defect, go figure

And when I push down the button to open the roof, first all windows are scrolled down and then nothing and when I release this same button and push it down again, windows are kinda going 1/4 inch further down and then after nothing besides the "tic tic" noises I can hear when I keep pushing down none stop that same button, those noises seem to be coming from the inside doors but not sure

there is nothing "clear" on the web that talks about those codes identifications and no solution either.

Those are the news for now Robbie Z4.

Also the easiest solution to access the locked trunk (especially when for example, the battery is dead and when you don't have the ski bag option), is this

U must have access to compartment located in the center behind the two seats, take out everything inside, get rid of the shelves and then use your fist to punch the top of the plastic panel; this panel is locked from the inside by 2 little plastic locks that u can replace if damaged after it's open. Finally get a metal hanger that you unfold so that it is as long as possible in order to reach out the small green triangle located on the driver's side against the trunk panel, grab it and pull on it, it'll unlock the trunk. If the battery is dead, u might need another person to help u out lifting up the trunk panel while u unlock it.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 04:00 AM   #24
BMWZ4SDRIVE35I2009
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 SDRIVE35I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick986 View Post
My first post in this Forum so, Hello everyone and Happy New year. I don't want to Hijack this post but have a similar issue with locked trunk/boot and request assistance please.

I am also interested on how to gain access to the trunk without a ski access hole/panel. I have a 2009 Z4 E89 Sdrive 3.5i. I have an issue with the roof and now cannot gain access to the rear trunk/ boot. What happend, on pressing the roof open switch in the centre console, the windows went down, the rear roof panel would open but only about 5 inches, then an error occurs. “Roof movement impaired”. Turning off the engine the hydraulic pressure dropped and the roof went down but did not lock. Starting the engine again allowed me to press the roof down button and it locked closed.

I took the car to a workshop and we did a diagnostic check and an error came up with “Roof Panel 2 micro switch closed” Code A69D (this is the right micro switch). We managed to get the roof open as before but again only 5 inches. Both left and right micro switches were electrical tested and showed no issues.

Now my problem starts. As before turning off the engine the roof dropped down, start the car again and pressing the roof close button it locked the rear roof panel down however, the roof open button is now flashing Red and when you drive away the caution light on the dash shows a Red Roof symbol, and a warning “Roof not locked" on the centre display screen and an annoying chime however, the roof is firmly shut and will not work.

I now cannot access the boot. We tried to override the fault and this allows the comfort access to the boot to operate and the boot lid rises about 1 cm and then locks again. After this it is firmly shut.

The remote and internal boot release does not work and basically, I cannot get in the boot.

I have three speakers behind the seats and I tried removing the top centre one but behind is a steel wall.

There is an emergency pull release in the boot and I have researched so much from this and other forums on how to reach this from inside the car. It seems ok if you have ski access panel but my car does not.

I too need a Miracle. Any help would be most appreciated.
Hi Nick986

The easiest solution to access the locked trunk (especially when for example, the battery is dead and when you don't have the ski bag option), is this

U must have access to compartment located in the center behind the two seats, take out everything inside, get rid of the shelves and then use your fist to punch the top of the plastic panel; this panel is locked from the inside by 2 little plastic locks that u can replace if damaged after it's open. Finally get a metal hanger that you unfold so that it is as long as possible in order to reach out the small green triangle located on the driver's side against the trunk panel, grab it and pull on it, it'll unlock the trunk. If the battery is dead, u might need another person to help u out lifting up the trunk panel while u unlock it.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 04:38 AM   #25
RobbiZ4
Call me "Dr. Bob"
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89 sDrive 30i

Last edited by RobbiZ4; 03-31-2020 at 02:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 07:17 PM   #26
Bosh
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Dysfunctional boot lock

Hi,

Can anybody help me with this issue with my boot lock?

My E 89 has a gap after closing the boot it doesn’t seem to soft lock And appears like the boot is open. The motor does not seal the boot.I would really appreciate if anybody could help me with this problem?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 03:53 AM   #27
RobbiZ4
Call me "Dr. Bob"
Germany
Rep

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 04:08 AM   #28
RobbiZ4
Call me "Dr. Bob"
Germany
Rep

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 12:28 PM   #29
mario@royallepage.ca
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW Z4

A quick reply to get my account activated. Thanks,
Mario
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 07:41 PM   #30
MachRc
E92/E46/E30 Owner
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 6psi

I wired the fuse with #12 on the diagram in this link to open my trunk bypassing the CTM module. No need for app, nor reaching for the un reachable unless you have a 4 years old child to go through the ski pass.

I apologize for the x posting

https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic...61524#p1861524

https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130299
Attached Images

Last edited by MachRc; 01-30-2024 at 07:49 PM..
Appreciate 0