New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-07-2021, 09:32 AM   #5127
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Unless your personal safety is at risk and you have no other firearms, just wait until it's back in stock. I only buy new. To me, every used gun is a previous murder weapon

Don't waste your money just to get it now. You should be able to order it online off Glock's website and when it's available, it'll ship to your local gun store.
Good call...will do!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 10:12 AM   #5128
ptper
Major
Rep

One more...my state only allows 10 rd mags...see a lot of 15+1's...is that off limits to me?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 10:15 AM   #5129
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
One more...my state only allows 10 rd mags...see a lot of 15+1's...is that off limits to me?
I used to live in Maryland, too. You can't buy an extended magazine in Maryland but you own an extended magazine in Maryland. Just go to Virginia or buy one online. I had a Glock 26 with a 15 round magazine in Maryland. Never an issue as I bought the gun and mag in Louisiana.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 10:43 AM   #5130
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
I used to live in Maryland, too. You can't buy an extended magazine in Maryland but you own an extended magazine in Maryland. Just go to Virginia or buy one online. I had a Glock 26 with a 15 round magazine in Maryland. Never an issue as I bought the gun and mag in Louisiana.
Ok, so I can buy one out of state (online) that comes with 15+1 and won't run into any problems from the local dealer once it gets here? Sorry for being dense.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 10:48 AM   #5131
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Ok, so I can buy one out of state (online) that comes with 15+1 and won't run into any problems from the local dealer once it gets here? Sorry for being dense.
Hmm, that's a good question and one to ask your gun retailer. I didn't realize the 19 comes standard with a 15 round magazine. Sorry, all my Glocks are the standard 10 round mags, which I've purchased extended magazines for separately.

I don't know the answer to that question. Call your local gun store and just ask them. You may need to physically purchase the gun out of state and just bring it back to Maryland in your car or by plane.
Appreciate 1
ptper587.00
      03-07-2021, 11:20 AM   #5132
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Quote:
Quote:
If you use a good Maryland FFL they will either request the other dealer send a 10 round mag(s) or replace the standard cap mag with a 10 when they receive it for transfer. My MD legal Glock 19 came with 3 factory 10 round mags. Then I just drove up to PA and bought standard cap pmags.
Appreciate 2
ptper587.00
      03-07-2021, 11:22 AM   #5133
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
If you use a good Maryland FFL they will either request the other dealer send a 10 round mag(s) or replace the standard cap mag with a 10 when they receive it for transfer. My MD legal Glock 19 came with 3 factory 10 round mags. Then I just drove up to PA and bought standard cap pmags.
What are they going to do to the Glock? Shave down the grip to hold a smaller mag? That doesn't seem right.

Or is just for purchasing, knowing the 10 round mag will never go with the gun in hand? I'm just not imagining this right, the 10 won't go all the way up inside the grip. Right? It's too short.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 11:25 AM   #5134
Shiza
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What are they going to do to the Glock? Shave down the grip to hold a smaller mag? That doesn't seem right.
Glock makes factory 10 round mags in the standard size for us stupid states. Looks exactly like a standard cap mag. But only hold 10 rounds
Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      03-07-2021, 11:27 AM   #5135
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Glock makes factory 10 round mags in the standard size for us stupid states. Looks exactly like a standard cap mag. But only hold 10 rounds
OOOOHHH. Gotcha. I was thinking...the fuck? It's too short lol. Okay, that makes sense then. Sorry for the blonde moment.

Oh I see you're in MD too!
Appreciate 1
Shiza1193.00
      03-07-2021, 11:48 AM   #5136
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! Gonna use United in Rockville. Reviews say they're really good about FFL transfers.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 11:51 AM   #5137
Shiza
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
OOOOHHH. Gotcha. I was thinking...the fuck? It's too short lol. Okay, that makes sense then. Sorry for the blonde moment.

Oh I see you're in MD too!
No worries, been dealing with bs MD gun laws for quite some time. Most online retailers won't even ship firearms to Maryland because of the mag restrictions.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 11:54 AM   #5138
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! Gonna use United in Rockville. Reviews say they're really good about FFL transfers.
I’ve actually been there before. Cute little store. Kind of hidden. I drove right past it the first time I went there. Lol

I used to live in Bethesda. Just moved to Louisiana a month ago.
Appreciate 1
ptper587.00
      03-07-2021, 11:58 AM   #5139
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
I’ve actually been there before. Cute little store. Kind of hidden. I drove right past it the first time I went there. Lol

I used to live in Bethesda. Just moved to Louisiana a month ago.
I chuckled you calling a gun shop a 'cute little store'...only been to the one, so I'll take your word for it!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 11:59 AM   #5140
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I chuckled you calling a gun shop a 'cute little store'...only been to the one, so I'll take your word for it!
Compared to what we have in Louisiana. It’s like a walk in closet compared to a super Walmart
Appreciate 1
ptper587.00
      03-07-2021, 12:22 PM   #5141
helmet91
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i X-Drive M-Sport

Garage List
Do any of you guys have a B&T pistol??

I have an urge to get a pistol caliber SBR...

The GHM9 or even the GHM45 could be fun. And relative to the rip-off Century Turkish MP5 it's a great deal for some Swiss precision.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 02:08 PM   #5142
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
You may have trouble finding an online retailer that will ship to MD. Keep looking or just drive to a better state.

G19 mags are about $30 each online. Brownell's and Midway USA are both reputable sellers and usually have good prices and I think both will ship to MD.

Do not use Cheaper Than Dirt. Just don't. They are not cheap, but they are dirt and they are well known for price gouging whenever possible.
Appreciate 1
ptper587.00
      03-07-2021, 07:41 PM   #5143
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Thank you - I was looking at the Magpul one.

I'll go check Atlas, Rainier, Bobro and GG&G.

I was trying to avoid the MLOK - Picatinny just because that's yet another component, but if that's what I have to do, then I'll do it.
(I have heard of Atlas being horrendously expensive)
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 08:55 PM   #5144
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Where are you in MD?

Depending on the FFL, some will take the hi-cap mag versions and for ~$10/ mag will limit them in various ways: some permanent (rivet, etc.) and some not so permanent (wooden dowel, etc.).

First you gotta find an online shop that will actually send guns with hi-cap mags to Maryland though...there are a few; just takes some due diligence. Some will send the mags with gun, no questions asked. Others will ship the gun, but no mags. Some will send the gun itself and for a couple bucks more send the mags to a friend, relative, etc. in a hi-cap mag friendly state instead. A few will refuse to ship the gun to MD at all.

Either that, or as already mentioned, you can try to find 10-round versions.

Also, what are you planning to do with it? Not that a G19 G5 is a bad gun or anything, but folks around here might be able to suggest a better option if you have a specific need in mind.
Appreciate 1
ptper587.00
      03-08-2021, 07:29 AM   #5145
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Where are you in MD?

Depending on the FFL, some will take the hi-cap mag versions and for ~$10/ mag will limit them in various ways: some permanent (rivet, etc.) and some not so permanent (wooden dowel, etc.).

First you gotta find an online shop that will actually send guns with hi-cap mags to Maryland though...there are a few; just takes some due diligence. Some will send the mags with gun, no questions asked. Others will ship the gun, but no mags. Some will send the gun itself and for a couple bucks more send the mags to a friend, relative, etc. in a hi-cap mag friendly state instead. A few will refuse to ship the gun to MD at all.

Either that, or as already mentioned, you can try to find 10-round versions.

Also, what are you planning to do with it? Not that a G19 G5 is a bad gun or anything, but folks around here might be able to suggest a better option if you have a specific need in mind.
I'm in Montgomery County. I can be patient and wait for a new one that will ship with the 10-mag.

This is mainly for home defense, though given my proclivities for car mods, this could easily turn into another hobby.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 11:17 PM   #5146
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmet91 View Post

The GHM9 or even the GHM45 could be fun. And relative to the rip-off Century Turkish MP5 it's a great deal for some Swiss precision.
get a CZ Scorpion
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 12:48 AM   #5147
helmet91
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i X-Drive M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmet91 View Post

get a CZ Scorpion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post

get a CZ Scorpion

The trust already has one... just trying to diversify here.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 09:25 AM   #5148
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
ptper It's always a good idea to become intimately familiar with gun laws where you live, and where you plan to possess, transport and potentially use firearms and ammunition. How long have you owned firearms?

Getting the information you are asking about from a car enthusiast site is discouraged. Worst case is you are found guilty and convicted of a felony. Unlikely, but that's the game you are presently playing.

Try Google searching, and focus on gun law specific websites, and the state legal code of your state, city or District. Are you in Maryland, or the District? The District has some of the most restrictive firearm laws in the country. You are advised to become intimately familiar with them.

Local gun shop owners and employees are, on average, orders of magnitude more informed than anonymous posters on car enthusiast sites. Take a trip down to your nearest LGS or indoor pistol range, buy some ammo and talk to the people there. The local police station can be a source of credible information. Some LEOs are willing to answer direct questions on gun law topics, some aren't.

Car enthusiasts in my view are best to give pointers to others, for reference reading material. Offering specific advice or interpretation is a high risk endeavor - example: magazine capacity regulations.

Summary:
- don't take advice on law-related topics from car enthusiasts, you are at risk of committing a felony if you or the car enthusiast is wrong
- use Google to find gun law sites and the legal code for your geography of interest
- visit the LGS or pistol range and talk to people there
- visit the local police station and talk to people there

Last edited by chassis; 03-14-2021 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 1
ptper587.00