New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-28-2022, 01:17 PM   #881
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2309
Rep
2,955
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Is that counting the 10-15 battery readiness ?
If you stomp on it in a real life freeway entrance ramp
It'll prolly get to 140-145 as quick as any other low 10 sec car
Funny thing about my build is it's been around on the same 2.4 4G63 long block built back in 2006
Literally hundreds of not a thousand passes
Only that needed replacement was the clutch and tires
Damn near bulllet proof iron block
After 40 1/4 passes I can simply fill it up and drive home
Can't say the same about the toaster
Those are real world performance.

Modified ICE cars need optimal conditions to nail that perfect time. Street conditions, ambient temp, your fueling, your tune, is your trans warmed up and all that nonsense.

Did you know the plaid hit 0-60 in 2.5 on its shitty tires IN THE RAIN?

I didnít even mention that teslas have the best torque vectoring system out now. Thatís why it does so well. Lots of cars out there with all wheel drive.

Teslas will leave anyone in the rain if it needs to.

Donít get me wrong I still love my engines. But the whole notion that this isnít the future is fucking hilarious.

Thereís a time and place for both. But it seems that EV is bullying its way into ICE territory and itís about to win completely.
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:19 PM   #882
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2309
Rep
2,955
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
You win every thread.

You win every race.

Must be compensating for something.. henpecked?
Iím not Mandingo but I have a good size if thatís what you wanna talk about. Didnít know you guys swing that way.

Im 40 but I still date these younger tinder girls. Why? Because theyíre the easiest. So maybe thatís the shallow part of me.

Everyone hide your daughters!! Lmao
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:22 PM   #883
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
2016
Rep
542
Posts

Drives: 2022 M240i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: South FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Those are real world performance.

Modified ICE cars need optimal conditions to nail that perfect time. Street conditions, ambient temp, your fueling, your tune, is your trans warmed up and all that nonsense.

Did you know the plaid hit 0-60 in 2.5 on its shitty tires IN THE RAIN?

I didn’t even mention that teslas have the best torque vectoring system out now. That’s why it does so well. Lots of cars out there with all wheel drive.

Teslas will leave anyone in the rain if it needs to.

Don’t get me wrong I still love my engines. But the whole notion that this isn’t the future is fucking hilarious.

There’s a time and place for both. But it seems that EV is bullying its way into ICE territory and it’s about to win completely.
I could beat you in my friend's 3 cylinder CVT Nissan Rogue. Pick any 1000 mile public road course.

If they did an EV remake of Cannonball Run, the plot would center around fast charging stations.
__________________
2022 BMW M240i Portimao
Gone: 2020 Genesis G70 3.3T | 2018 Audi A5 SportBack | 2015 Challenger Scat Pack | 2011 Mustang V6 | numerous others..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:24 PM   #884
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
2016
Rep
542
Posts

Drives: 2022 M240i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: South FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgm-m3comp View Post
iím not mandingo but i have a good size if thatís what you wanna talk about. Didnít know you guys swing that way.

Im 40 but i still date these younger tinder girls. Why? Because theyíre the easiest. So maybe thatís the shallow part of me.

Everyone hide your daughters!! Lmao
WHAT.THE.FUCK ???
__________________
2022 BMW M240i Portimao
Gone: 2020 Genesis G70 3.3T | 2018 Audi A5 SportBack | 2015 Challenger Scat Pack | 2011 Mustang V6 | numerous others..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:27 PM   #885
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2309
Rep
2,955
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
WHAT.THE.FUCK ???
Youíre asking me if Iím compensating for something. I knew what you were trying to imply.

Like I said no one here could debate with me lol.
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:32 PM   #886
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
2016
Rep
542
Posts

Drives: 2022 M240i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: South FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
You’re asking me if I’m compensating for something. I knew what you were trying to imply.

Like I said no one here could debate with me lol.
I suggested you were compensating for being henpecked. My miscalculation -- clearly she would have left you long ago.

We can't debate with you because we can't argue with stupidity.

Anyway, enjoy those tinder girls. At least they are not with you for your money. I hope it is as fulfilling to you as winning internet arguments in your mind.
__________________
2022 BMW M240i Portimao
Gone: 2020 Genesis G70 3.3T | 2018 Audi A5 SportBack | 2015 Challenger Scat Pack | 2011 Mustang V6 | numerous others..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:48 PM   #887
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2309
Rep
2,955
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
No you guys can’t debate because you use emotions instead of actual facts on Anything.

Then default to jokes because there’s nothing else you have.

I have won every argument here since I joined this forum so I’m good there.

Yeah I’ll have fun with these tinder girls for sure. Girls you guys are probably actually paying for in real life lmao
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:52 PM   #888
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Cos270's Avatar
592
Rep
368
Posts

Drives: 2015 M235i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
We've officially reached the bottom. Mods, please lock this thread. Pathetic.
Appreciate 3
x622793.00
Red Bread4457.00
      11-28-2022, 02:21 PM   #889
G MONEY
Major
837
Rep
1,217
Posts

Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: EARTH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
No you guys can't debate because you use emotions instead of actual facts on Anything.

Then default to jokes because there's nothing else you have.

I have won every argument here since I joined this forum so I'm good there.

Yeah I'll have fun with these tinder girls for sure. Girls you guys are probably actually paying for in real life lmao
Yawn X9
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 02:44 PM   #890
chad86tsi
Captain
chad86tsi's Avatar
1498
Rep
755
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Portland metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Lol. I debate you and get zero answers back because you are afraid to answer. I've asked you three questions in this thread alone, and bupkiss. Crickets as it were.
He's also won every race in his commute, never mind those wins were all against cement trucks and mini-vans.
Appreciate 2
      11-28-2022, 03:05 PM   #891
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2309
Rep
2,955
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
He's also won every race in his commute, never mind those wins were all against cement trucks and mini-vans.
That clown doesnít get responses because his ass is on ignore lmao. Go relay that to him.

0-60 in 3.7 baby!!

Not many are beating that on an unprepped surface at 6am or beating idiots so I can get into the exit I need to be in at 5:30pm.

Like mayeather, undefeated!!
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 03:05 PM   #892
G MONEY
Major
837
Rep
1,217
Posts

Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: EARTH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Lol. I debate you and get zero answers back because you are afraid to answer. I've asked you three questions in this thread alone, and bupkiss. Crickets as it were.
He's also won every race in his commute, never mind those wins were all against cement trucks and mini-vans.
Lol. Dude is a straight Douche Nozzle. Always picked last in high school. Probably still cruises the mall looking for girls. Lol. Almost feel bad for people like that. Almost.
Appreciate 3
      11-28-2022, 03:07 PM   #893
G MONEY
Major
837
Rep
1,217
Posts

Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: EARTH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
He's also won every race in his commute, never mind those wins were all against cement trucks and mini-vans.
That clown doesn’t get responses because his ass is on ignore lmao. Go relay that to him.

0-60 in 3.7 baby!!

Not many are beating that on an unprepped surface at 6am or beating idiots so I can get into the exit I need to be in at 5:30pm.

Like mayeather, undefeated!!
Yawn X10
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 03:34 PM   #894
chad86tsi
Captain
chad86tsi's Avatar
1498
Rep
755
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Portland metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
That clown doesnít get responses because his ass is on ignore lmao. Go relay that to him.

0-60 in 3.7 baby!!

Not many are beating that on an unprepped surface at 6am or beating idiots so I can get into the exit I need to be in at 5:30pm.

Like mayeather, undefeated!!
Hmm, my bone stock daily is quicker, and I haven't raced it yet. not even once.

Maybe that's why I didn't buy a tesla.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 03:36 PM   #895
chad86tsi
Captain
chad86tsi's Avatar
1498
Rep
755
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Portland metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Lol. Dude is a straight Douche Nozzle. Always picked last in high school. Probably still cruises the mall looking for girls. Lol. Almost feel bad for people like that. Almost.
Only because of the "1000' rule" at the high schools.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 04:10 PM   #896
XutvJet
Major General
5098
Rep
5,165
Posts

Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (-1)

Speed/acceleration isn't everything. My modded M235 makes around 370whp/400wtq and is plenty fast for a street car for me. With all the mods I've done, the car is just amazing and impresses me even after nearly 7 years of ownership. I recently picked up a 265hp 2011 Cayman 6MT as a "fun" car. The Cayman is a much slower accelerating car than the M235, but it is immensely more entertaining and engaging to drive even in stock from. I'm 48 and gave up worrying about how fast my cars are compared to the other guy a LONG time ago.

I have a lot of respect for the acceleration of all dual motor Teslas, but after experiencing it a number of times, it grows a bit old. It's always fun, but after a while it's like riding that the same roller coaster, over and over again.

And I certainly don't believe EVs will be the future. That "2035" date will also come and go as it is simply not feasible on so many levels. EVs will be part of the future and maybe even a good portion of it, but the dealership sales floor and road will be shared with ICE, various types of hybrids, and other means of propulsion.

For EVs to really be successful, automakers need to get past the power/acceleration wars and focus on good acceleration (0-60s in the 6 to 7 second range), long service range, and 5 minute or less charging ability. The vast majority of the public doesn't need nor want 9 to 13 second EVs.
__________________
The forest was shrinking, but the Trees kept voting for the Axe, for the Axe was clever and convinced the Trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Last edited by XutvJet; 11-28-2022 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
Cos270592.00
      11-28-2022, 05:05 PM   #897
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2309
Rep
2,955
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Speed/acceleration isn't everything. My modded M235 makes around 370whp/400wtq and is plenty fast for a street car for me. With all the mods I've done, the car is just amazing and impresses me even after nearly 7 years of ownership. I recently picked up a 265hp 2011 Cayman 6MT as a "fun" car. The Cayman is a much slower accelerating car than the M235, but it is immensely more entertaining and engaging to drive even in stock from. I'm 48 and gave up worrying about how fast my cars are compared to the other guy a LONG time ago.

I have a lot of respect for the acceleration of all dual motor Teslas, but after experiencing it a number of times, it grows a bit old. It's always fun, but after a while it's like riding that the same roller coaster, over and over again.

And I certainly don't believe EVs will be the future. That "2035" date will also come and go as it is simply not feasible on so many levels. EVs will be part of the future and maybe even a good portion of it, but the dealership sales floor and road will be shared with ICE, various types of hybrids, and other means of propulsion.

For EVs to really be successful, automakers need to get past the power/acceleration wars and focus on good acceleration (0-60s in the 6 to 7 second range), long service range, and 5 minute or less charging ability. The vast majority of the public doesn't need nor want 9 to 13 second EVs.
Like ICE, EV will have tiers.

The 8-13 second EV's will be for the "enthusiast" crowd. Obviously car makers aren't going to make every EV in their fleet 0-60 in 2 seconds.

This novelty will NOT wear off. We're talking about our future generation. Where 5G on their phone is too slow. Waiting on line for their starbucks coffee takes too long. Everything they want is instant. Everything they want has to be setting trends or already a trend. And everything they want has to be something that's NOW, something new.

If you don't believe EV is the future, how are car makers already ditching historic engines. Engines that have been part of their production for decades. Almost everyone has abandoned the V8. By 2030, all of our cars (or cars we love) that has 6cyl's, will be replaced by hybrid 4's. It's already happening now.

That is the final stage, before everything goes EV.

Again people are too quick to falsely predict the future by judging the results of TODAY. Everything moves and advances so quickly. I already gave tesla as an example of only 9 years ago their intro car was a piece of crap.

Last year it set the gold standard for acceleration. Everyone wants a piece of it, everyone wants to beat it. And everyone hates it because they're unable to achieve that.

As battery technology improves, EV's will become lighter. Thus turning that one trick pony of only straight line, into an EV that will run 9 as well as corner. ICE equivalents of that magnitude of performance will only be sought after for nostalgia. Or someone who misses a sound.
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 06:30 PM   #898
chad86tsi
Captain
chad86tsi's Avatar
1498
Rep
755
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Portland metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post

how are car makers already ditching historic engines. Engines that have been part of their production for decades. Almost everyone has abandoned the V8. By 2030, all of our cars (or cars we love) that has 6cyl's, will be replaced by hybrid 4's. It's already happening now.
They are trying to hit the ever-moving target.

Do you think we will forget how to make them? That's all settled science ; been there, done that. None of it is hinging on some as yet uninvited solution. Just break out the engineering docs, send some blue prints to the foundry and start cranking them out.



The target will move again, and ICE's will be part of the solution long after 2035. Mass adoption of EV's is inevitable, but so are classic ICE's and hybrids.


Quote:
As battery technology improves, EV's will become lighter.
Built with unobtanium? The current Lithium Ion battery tech was first invented 60 years ago, is is just now maturing. How long will this unobtanium battery take to mature?

And first you have to invent it....
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 06:36 PM   #899
INTMD8
Private First Class
145
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: 2012 E91 manual
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Lake Villa IL

iTrader: (0)

^ Agreed.

Everyone talks about these crazy batteries as if they are only used in EV's and haven't been in constant development since they first existed.

Either way, to the original question, answer is still no.
__________________
12 E91. 99 LS400. 96 C4S. 95 F355. 87 Toyota 4x4. 69 Charger. 59 Cadillac.
Appreciate 1
chad86tsi1498.00
      11-28-2022, 06:58 PM   #900
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2309
Rep
2,955
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
They are trying to hit the ever-moving target.

Do you think we will forget how to make them? That's all settled science ; been there, done that. None of it is hinging on some as yet uninvited solution. Just break out the engineering docs, send some blue prints to the foundry and start cranking them out.



The target will move again, and ICE's will be part of the solution long after 2035. Mass adoption of EV's is inevitable, but so are classic ICE's and hybrids.




Built with unobtanium? The current Lithium Ion battery tech was first invented 60 years ago, is is just now maturing. How long will this unobtanium battery take to mature?

And first you have to invent it....
It seems to me you're suggesting that i'm implying when 2030 or 2035 comes, the moment midnight strikes, and everyone says, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!", then POOF, every single ICE car on the road or in someone's garage magically vanishes.

I am saying you will see a gigantic swing come 2030 where it leans heavily on EV taking the majority of the roads. While i don't doubt MANY will still own or keep an ICE in their possession (like i am), the fact of the matter is EV will be dominating ICE come 2030.

And again as each year that comes and goes, car maker's EV fleet grows and the option for ICE from that car maker shrinks. There is no ifs ands or buts about it.

If car makers will want to say fuck you govt, we're not making EV's. Then guess what? When EPA keeps increasing the average MPG, car makers will have no choice BUT to jump on the bandwagon.

Battery technology is already improving, ironically that process is accelerating rapidly ever since the "2035 gas ban". Car makers always had the know how to do this, they just needed that kick in the ass to do so.

It will come whether you like it or not. You can discuss to your eyes bleed but all you're doing is giving yourself and those who are reading false reassurance to help you sleep better at night.

2035 is a long way. You have time to cherish your ICE. And even when that 2035 year comes and you can't buy your M3, M8, corvette, or whatever with that awesome ICE engine, then hey there's still a used market.
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 07:10 PM   #901
chad86tsi
Captain
chad86tsi's Avatar
1498
Rep
755
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Portland metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
It seems to me you're suggesting that i'm implying when 2030 or 2035 comes, the moment midnight strikes, and everyone says, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!", then POOF, every single ICE car on the road or in someone's garage magically vanishes.
You were mentioning the loss of established products, and by proxy the tech and engineering that supports it. It isn't going away, merely shifting as the goal posts keep getting moved. They will move back again (as they have numerous times in the past) as they realize you can't force this stuff to evolve and work well with just a bunch of optimism, good will, and strong words.


Quote:
I am saying you will see a gigantic swing come 2030 where it leans heavily on EV taking the majority of the roads. While i don't doubt MANY will still own or keep an ICE in their possession (like i am), the fact of the matter is EV will be dominating ICE come 2030.
Good luck on that bet.

Quote:
And again as each year that comes and goes, car maker's EV fleet grows and the option for ICE from that car maker shrinks. There is no ifs ands or buts about it.
There are, but we've already disused those iffs and butts ad-nauseum.


Quote:
If car makers will want to say fuck you govt, we're not making EV's. Then guess what? When EPA keeps increasing the average MPG, car makers will have no choice BUT to jump on the bandwagon.
No car maker will say such a thing, but some will follow Toyota and enthusiastically do both.

Quote:
Battery technology is already improving, ironically that process is accelerating rapidly ever since the "2035 gas ban". Car makers always had the know how to do this, they just needed that kick in the ass to do so.
The very first car was an EV, it's had a long time to evolve. It has yet to take over.


Quote:
It will come whether you like it or not. You can discuss to your eyes bleed but all you're doing is giving yourself and those who are reading false reassurance to help you sleep better at night.
cue more strawman arguments.

Quote:
2035 is a long way. You have time to cherish your ICE. And even when that 2035 year comes and you can't buy your M3, M8, corvette, or whatever with that awesome ICE engine, then hey there's still a used market.
There will also be a new ICE market in 2035, and you can't stop that either. Not unless you can change the laws of physics anyway, but listening to your list of skills and accomplishments, you just might be the guy to do that.
Appreciate 1
kyriian695.50
      11-28-2022, 08:10 PM   #902
Sy1616
Lieutenant
529
Rep
446
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

I love my ‘22 Tesla S Plaid. I actually uttered these words over the weekend to my wife:”I actually prefer driving this car (the Tesla) over the M5”. A full Dinan car with HREs. The Tesla makes ICE feel soooooo dated.
Appreciate 3
eluded2797.00
BGM-M3COMP2308.50
chris7196667.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST