New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Classic BMW (Pre-2005 Models)

07-26-2022, 08:49 PM   #133
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txgringo View Post
It's a great channel! I don't know where he gets the money to own all the great cars. It's also very good information on problems with certain models.
Patreon
Appreciate 1
Mani5913324.50
      08-01-2022, 12:24 PM   #134
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

The next episode of Project Chicago (Alpina B7) is now up. It is coming along very nicely.

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 3
toxik2393.50
prompt292.00
F32Fleet3539.50
      08-02-2022, 03:46 AM   #135
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

I've been watching him from 3-4 years and even though its an awesome channel I feel his video releases have slowed down a lot. I don know what the reason for that would be but a video a week would be nice. Great content though.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 2
Mani5913324.50
F32Fleet3539.50
      08-03-2022, 03:43 AM   #136
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
I've been watching him from 3-4 years and even though its an awesome channel I feel his video releases have slowed down a lot. I don know what the reason for that would be but a video a week would be nice. Great content though.
I guess it's just down to the fact that he is doing everything himself (working on the cars, ordering the parts, videoing, editing, etc.) so it all takes time.

I think he mentioned in a previous video that one of the reasons for the gap between videos is that he has to wait for parts to arrive, etc and hope that they are correct.

Appreciate 2
      08-03-2022, 03:50 AM   #137
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani59 View Post
I guess it's just down to the fact that he is doing everything himself (working on the cars, ordering the parts, videoing, editing, etc.) so it all takes time.

I think he mentioned in a previous video that one of the reasons for the gap between videos is that he has to wait for parts to arrive, etc and hope that they are correct.
I understand and I though that was the case when he had a full time job, after he quit that and started doing YouTube full time I expected videos at least once a week but then again we can think what we want. in the end its up to him. I don't really watch him anymore in Realtime until 2-3 months have passed, then I watch a bunch of his videos in a row.
Appreciate 1
Mani5913324.50
      08-04-2022, 03:33 PM   #138
Sreten
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E39 M5

Quote:
Quote:
I understand and I though that was the case when he had a full time job, after he quit that and started doing YouTube full time I expected videos at least once a week but then again we can think what we want. in the end its up to him. I don't really watch him anymore in Realtime until 2-3 months have passed, then I watch a bunch of his videos in a row.
Just wanted to chime in regarding video releases. No idea what gave you the impression that the videos slowed down, they are coming out at the same pace as they always did, sometimes slower, sometimes quicker depending on how much work I have.
Back when I did this on the side, there were times when I needed 2-3 months to make one long-wrenching episode, for example project Malaga part 2, but you don't notice this as I have videos that don't take as long to make in-between.

I wish I could post every week, but it's physically impossible. I explained that many times so far. I do the repairs, filming and editing, not to mention the needed research and chasing/ordering parts. Even with a full production time, I think that wouldn't be possible unless I were to change the format drastically and dilute the content just for the sake of releasing something which I don't want to do.

You're not the first one to complain about this, sometimes when I don't post for a week or two, I start getting emails from viewers asking me if I'm alive and if I'm still making videos. I don't know how else to explain it as it seems many people don't understand how much time it actually takes to make one video. This last episode of project Chicago is 3 weeks of constant labor and then I have to edit all of that. I'm now 4 weeks in and still fixing issues on it. Everything simply takes time and I'm trying my best to speed up the process whenever I can.

Hope this helps understand my side a bit. Many thanks for watching the videos and for this lovely thread. Love you all!

Last edited by Sreten; 08-04-2022 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 16
dizz81296.00
Almuliman414.50
Mani5913324.50
gnx751.50
Davil6333.50
TimMc44.00
jacbo78.50
CSBM52697.00
ganz150.00
Randall227.00
      08-04-2022, 03:49 PM   #139
Tommysalami
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
Just wanted to chime in regarding video releases. No idea what gave you the impression that the videos slow down, they are coming out at the same pace as they always did, sometimes slower, sometimes quicker depending on how much work I have.
Back when I did this on the side, there were times when I needed 2-3 months to make one long-wrenching episode, for example project Malaga part 2, but you don't notice this as I have videos that don't take as long to make in-between.

I wish I could post every week, but it's physically impossible. I explained that many times so far. I do the repairs, filming and editing, not to mention the needed research and chasing/ordering parts. Even with a full production time, I think that wouldn't be possible unless I were to change the format drastically and dilute the content just for the sake of releasing something which I don't want to do.

You're not the first one to complain about this, sometimes when I don't post for a week or two, I start getting emails from viewers asking me if I'm alive and if I'm still making videos. I don't know how else to explain it as it seems many people don't understand how much time it actually takes to make one video. This last episode of project Chicago is 3 weeks of constant labor and then I have to edit all of that. I'm now 4 weeks in and still fixing issues on it. Everything simply takes time and I'm trying my best to speed up the process whenever I can.

Hope this helps understand my side a bit. Many thanks for watching the videos and for this lovely thread. Love you all!
Welcome! Don't mind the peanut gallery. We're all excited to see you work on the M3!
Appreciate 4
dizz81296.00
Almuliman414.50
Mani5913324.50
      08-04-2022, 04:35 PM   #140
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Just wanted to chime in regarding video releases. No idea what gave you the impression that the videos slow down, they are coming out at the same pace as they always did, sometimes slower, sometimes quicker depending on how much work I have.

Don't change a thing!

...except maybe buy a diesel sometime, yeah??
Appreciate 2
Mani5913324.50
Randall227.00
      08-04-2022, 04:44 PM   #141
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for chiming in. All is said in love and appreciation. We understand and I'll just wait to watch a bunch of videos together. Take care and best of luck.
Appreciate 1
Mani5913324.50
      08-04-2022, 07:35 PM   #142
M-technik-3
Major
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT, 335i

Garage List
1995 M3  [9.00]
2007 E91  [7.25]
1988 M3  [9.50]
I miss flying into Frankfurt Main when I was in the service. C-5 we had great stage locations Frankfurt, Rota, Prague, heck even Moron Spain was nice when you stayed in Seville.

Sreten some of the roads you drive, I remember tooling around in my 87 M tech 325i with a slew of Hartge parts. Those were the days when every bone yard had a dozen wrecked E30's now it's into E46's as even E36's are hard to find in EU.
Appreciate 1
Mani5913324.50
      08-05-2022, 12:13 AM   #143
Jbrown7403
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Just wanted to chime in regarding video releases. No idea what gave you the impression that the videos slowed down, they are coming out at the same pace as they always did, sometimes slower, sometimes quicker depending on how much work I have.

Sreten! Love your work and your videos! Your editing, sense of humor and BMW knowledge is tops! Perhaps a stupid question but what does “M539” in the name mean? Is that the street in Frankfurt where your shop is located?

Last edited by Jbrown7403; 08-05-2022 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
Mani5913324.50
      08-05-2022, 01:55 AM   #144
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown7403 View Post
sreten! Love your work and your videos! Your editing, sense of humor and bmw knowledge is tops! Perhaps a stupid question but what does “m539” in the name mean? Is that the street in frankfurt where your shop is located?
m539 = m5 e39
      08-05-2022, 03:45 AM   #145
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Sreten!!

Mani5913324.50
Almuliman414.50
      08-05-2022, 04:37 AM   #146
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

WOW, Sreten, you are MOST welcome!!

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 01:47 PM   #147
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Sreten's videos are amazing. I'm at the point where I watch them more than once, and I actually watch his channel and another channel more than I watch regular TV. Not sure where the complaining comes from, he's doing them single handedly and THEY'RE FREE!!! Not sure how you complain about something that's free.

Sreten, thank you so much for all that you do. I also have an E65 B7, so I've been watching those episodes a lot (I'm watching the latest one now for the second time). I'm happy to see someone rescue one from the brink of death, there aren't that many out there to begin with. I've got the same door problem you just fixed, and I have to replace the plastic gears inside of the charge air controller. They're awesome cars if you know what to do and can DIY. Keep up the great work.
Appreciate 1
Mani5913324.50
      08-06-2022, 03:59 PM   #148
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani59 View Post
The next episode of Project Chicago (Alpina B7) is now up. It is coming along very nicely.

Just watched. HS, so many clips and wires and screws..... It actually stresses me out seeing all the small parts being taken off; the thought of finding the right place to put all of them back without breaking anything.
Appreciate 1
Mani5913324.50
      08-12-2022, 01:53 PM   #149
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep

Part 14 of Project Chicago (Alpina B7) is now up.

What am amazing transformation to the interior

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 01:56 PM   #150
dizz81
Moving on
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral White F82 ZCP 6pd

Well I know what I'm watching when I get home from work!

On a side note. I can't believe Sreten actually posted on here!

Dude your videos are top notch. Love them!

It was heartbreaking when that motor failed on you after ALL that meticulous work you put into it but I'm happy everything got straightened out in the end.

I'm dying to seeing your videos on the E92!

2011 Blk M3 ESS VT2 625/ES Race *Sold*
2018 MW F82 ZCP 6spd *Sold*
2021 Audi S5 SB
Appreciate 1
Mani5913324.50
      08-12-2022, 03:39 PM   #151
spammysammich
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Dakar Yellow II

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Sreten,
Thank you for the hours and hours of entertainment. Your work is inspirational, educational, and in no small way helped influence my dive into the BMW pool. Keep up the great work and I look forward to each video.
Appreciate 1
Mani5913324.50
      08-12-2022, 08:03 PM   #152
Jbrown7403
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

That interior transformation on a 200,000 km car in nothing short of spectacular! I’m not much on wood trim but it is perfect on the B7. It'll be brand freakin’ new after he finishes the exterior.

The cricket around the 50 minute mark totally got me. I thought for sure I had one in my living room until he screamed at them!
Appreciate 2
Almuliman414.50
Mani5913324.50
      08-13-2022, 01:42 AM   #153
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

I am looking forward to the M3! By the way, I am right down the road from you, in Mannheim.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 1
Mani5913324.50
      08-13-2022, 07:57 AM   #154
r1cero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d g30

I see a big problem for Sreten now after this last episode as it was so high quality content that it becomes almost impossible to top this. I understand the philosophy of a one man show but hiring additional staff at least for video editing may be the way to go in the future and focus on other stuff(resting for example).
Appreciate 1
jacbo78.50