New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Yesterday, 09:36 AM   #1
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Muscle Building Hacks

Any hacks you've stumbled across from supplements to diet, to exercises that have really helped you keep/add muscle well into your 40's and beyond, let me know.

https://www.muscleandfitness.com/fle.../cocoa-powder/

I used to make protein cakes - but over time they put on extra weight I didn't need. I learned recently that it may have been the cocoa I was using that was leading to the gains, so adding cocoa into my diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:37 AM   #2
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Depends on your body type, previous injuries, etc.
I have pre-existing back problems so I'm unable to do a lot of exercises at the gym, so I've been doing my best to focus on nutrition and lifestyle choices - no longer drink alcohol or smoke, limited sugar and caffeine intake, etc.

A complete blood panel is a good start to see where you're at and looking at values as not being in acceptable ranges, key is to get as close to optimal.

Consistency with nutrition is where it all came together for me, after running a calorie deficit for approximately 3 months, I'm currently adjusted to:
2150 cals, 224 grams of protein, 170 grams of carbs and 52 grams of fat per day

Schedule looks roughly like:

Wakeup - Glutamine, protein, creatine with water
D3 x4, K2 x1, omega3 x2, anti inflammatory supplements for my back

1/1.5 hours later - workout

Meal 1 (egg bites, turkey bacon, potato hash) zinc x1

3.5/4hrs later

Meal 2 (chicken or beef, sweet potato or rice, veg)

3.5/4hrs later

Meal 3 (salmon, no carbs, veg only)

45 min before bed magnesium x2, zma x1, anti inflammatory supplements for my back

All meals are 6oz protein, 4oz starch, 4oz veg.

I am fortunate enough to know someone who runs a catering business and a meal prep company and his food tastes amazing, I pick it fresh from his shop once a week. Therefore, there is 0 guesswork and 0 time spent on shopping, planning, cooking, etc. Works out to be cheaper too. Having a trainer or someone that you can go to the gym with helps with accountability as well.

Or you can eat clen, tren hard anavar give up lol.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 10:44 AM   #3
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

My favorite hack is Anadrol.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:53 AM   #4
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
Had to google that one. I know a bodybuilding coach and he told me some stories of when he trains guys for olympia and the kind of stuff they take...

I actually think they should have PED sports leagues, where everyone is on as much gear as humanly possible. Like a pro doping athletic commission.
Appreciate 2
DocL1930.00
nerdogray1300.00
      Yesterday, 11:50 AM   #5
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

Quote:
Sadly what's floating around today is nothing compared to the original 2902's from the 80s/90s
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1300.00
      Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #6
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Had to google that one. I know a bodybuilding coach and he told me some stories of when he trains guys for olympia and the kind of stuff they take...

I actually think they should have PED sports leagues, where everyone is on as much gear as humanly possible. Like a pro doping athletic commission.
I take things to just give me an edge. My body has never been able to handle much. I've experimented with a lot but always end up with a core set of compounds I take year round (low dose). However, above and beyond, I respond extraordinarily well to Anadrol. It's powerful anyway, but even 10mg a day is enough to markedly improve my aggression, push, and intensity. I'm going to take it until my liver is as small as my nuts. These are my post-50, dgaf years.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 12:17 PM   #7
Akaneedles
Rep
Drives: M340xi

IMO, if over 40 get your test checked. If low TRT would be best option.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:43 PM   #8
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

HMB for instance is a big one for me, I see a big difference right after taking it. I prefer post workout. Not looking for TRT or roid info, fortunate to have good genetics.

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1300.00
      Yesterday, 01:01 PM   #9
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

I've had HMB on a long list, and I've never gotten down to it. I've just tried so many things I've pretty much given up. At one point over ten years ago, I was taking 51 different supplements per day. It was a bit much. It was also expensive. I need testosterone and keep it in the 600-800's. I simply do not produce any naturally as a result of being primary hypo (not drug induced). I take K, D3, small amount of fish oil, CoQ10. Beet root powder and creatine pre-workout. Aside from a few "extras" at low dose, that's it... a far cry from where I started originally. Even went through a nootropic phase, oral and injectable. Also a few anti-aging cycles. My telomeres are now so long they stick out of my skin.

My genetics are garbage. Even my own testicles knew the best option for the overall gene pool was to just shut down.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:18 PM   #10
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

Quote:
Even my own testicles knew the best option for the overall gene pool was to just shut down.
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 3
nerdogray1300.00
xander_g995.50
      Yesterday, 02:40 PM   #11
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've had HMB on a long list, and I've never gotten down to it.
Definitely try it. It's no joke. In fact I take way less creatine since taking HMB. I actually prefer creatine serum ATP because there are zero side affects for me, the powder always gives me issues in various forms. I also really like Fenugreek and Tribulus. I stay leaner and more muscular when I take those. Sure some will call it placebo, but I stop taking them from time to time and notice a difference.

As we all know, muscle burns fat, and my bodytype is = easy gain easy lose, when it comes to muscle and fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Depends on your body type, previous injuries, etc.
I have pre-existing back problems so I'm unable to do a lot of exercises at the gym, so I've been doing my best to focus on nutrition and lifestyle choices - no longer drink alcohol or smoke, limited sugar and caffeine intake, etc.

Wakeup - Glutamine, protein, creatine with water
D3 x4, K2 x1, omega3 x2, anti inflammatory supplements for my back
How did you hurt your back?

I don't use alcohol, very limited sugar (trail mix and fruit), and caffeine, thankfully I have gotten back to normal intake (green tea). For a moment there I was fairly hooked in celsius/ghost daily

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1300.00
      Yesterday, 05:16 PM   #12
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've had HMB on a long list, and I've never gotten down to it. I've just tried so many things I've pretty much given up. At one point over ten years ago, I was taking 51 different supplements per day. It was a bit much. It was also expensive. I need testosterone and keep it in the 600-800's. I simply do not produce any naturally as a result of being primary hypo (not drug induced). I take K, D3, small amount of fish oil, CoQ10. Beet root powder and creatine pre-workout. Aside from a few "extras" at low dose, that's it... a far cry from where I started originally. Even went through a nootropic phase, oral and injectable. Also a few anti-aging cycles. My telomeres are now so long they stick out of my skin.

My genetics are garbage. Even my own testicles knew the best option for the overall gene pool was to just shut down.

Wait a second - did you say 51 different supplements?! I also like Alpha Lipoic Acid for recovery… Alpha brain I actually liked when I tried it but not “muscle building” so kinda off topic

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1300.00
      Yesterday, 09:36 PM   #13
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Wait a second - did you say 51 different supplements?! I also like Alpha Lipoic Acid for recovery… Alpha brain I actually liked when I tried it but not “muscle building” so kinda off topic
So I was wrong. It was actually more. 62. I found an old spreadsheet. Absolutely over the top.

I did try ALA myself at one point, but when you're taking all that, how do you know what's doing what? I don't think any of it ever did anything positive. This was back when I was desperately seeking chemical solutions to lifestyle problems.
Appreciate 0