New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-17-2020, 12:14 PM   #6513
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
Is it naive to think: 'I'm confident enough in my judge of character this won't ever happen to me?'

I don't know, I've always been of the mindset to just tough things out and make it work. I agree with you though, and I am not condoning rushing into marriage, but at some point, you got to take the risk. Plus, wouldn't you rather take that risk young when both parties are malleable? I don’t know about you, but it appears the older people get the sterner they are in their ways.

Deets.
Yes, yes it is.

The thing is... marriage is 50/50. You could be the person willing to work things out, the malleable one, the good judge of character, etc, and if the other person just decides they want out, well there goes half your stuff and lots of money.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 4
premier3is1631.50
Rmtt8211.00
King Rudi13154.00
      05-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #6514
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
The tax benefits won't be of much use if you wake up to someone you'll regret daily.

"Marriage is grand. Divorce is 100 grand"

While I agree to stay active dating, I wouldn't rush marriage. No matter how bad you want to get married.
Is it naive to think: 'I'm confident enough in my judge of character this won't ever happen to me?'

I don't know, I've always been of the mindset to just tough things out and make it work. I agree with you though, and I am not condoning rushing into marriage, but at some point, you got to take the risk. Plus, wouldn't you rather take that risk young when both parties are malleable? I don’t know about you, but it appears the older people get the sterner they are in their ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
took me 2 months and 3 days but i did it again

moving to the suburbs really did the trick
Deets.
Very naive lol. Don't get too confident in yourself as you never know about the other person. You may be able to work shit out, but what if she says no? Like mentioned above earlier, marriage is 50/50.

I know you mentioned you just broke off a 3 year relationship which started right after high school, so I'll guess you're around 21-22. If so, you'll probably learn through life experience why we are saying it's naive. No offense to you of course.
Appreciate 3
      05-17-2020, 08:55 PM   #6515
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The tax benefits won't be of much use if you wake up to someone you'll regret daily.

While I agree to stay active dating, I wouldn't rush marriage. No matter how bad you want to get married.

I don't know, I've always been of the mindset to just tough things out and make it work. I agree with you though, and I am not condoning rushing into marriage, but at some point, you got to take the risk. Plus, wouldn't you rather take that risk young when both parties are malleable? I don't know about you, but it appears the older people get the sterner they are in their ways.

Quote:

Deets.
Very naive lol. Don't get too confident in yourself as you never know about the other person. You may be able to work shit out, but what if she says no? Like mentioned above earlier, marriage is 50/50.

I know you mentioned you just broke off a 3 year relationship which started right after high school, so I'll guess you're around 21-22. If so, you'll probably learn through life experience why we are saying it's naive. No offense to you of course.
Lol, I saw that one coming.

I agree with what you're saying here, but I still don't think it's a good mentality to have for singles. My folks are very pushy when it comes to relationships, so I'm sure that has some influence on my thought process currently.

It's funny, I have an uncle who is 55 and single (never been married) and my parents always resort to using him as an example for what 'could happen' if I don't get my butt in gear. I always think to myself, he's really not the best example to use because the dude is loaded and lives a pretty great life from what I can tell. I'm sure he has his lonely days, but makes you wonder.

Yes, I'm 22 and feel like I'm getting old.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00
qba335i399.50
      05-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #6516
213e90n51
Banned
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, Honda Civic Hat

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
2019 Honda Civic Ha ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
More and more of my boys from grad school are getting into relationships. Just a year ago we were getting plastered at the bars and now everybody's getting tied up. I think the writing's on the wall, gotta start taking this stuff seriously.
Cuz they want a girl yunno to wash back or eat nice dinners like filet migon with them or expensive french food
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 10:16 PM   #6517
213e90n51
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know, I've always been of the mindset to just tough things out and make it work. I agree with you though, and I am not condoning rushing into marriage, but at some point, you got to take the risk. Plus, wouldn't you rather take that risk young when both parties are malleable? I don't know about you, but it appears the older people get the sterner they are in their ways.

Quote:

Deets.

I agree with what you're saying here, but I still don't think it's a good mentality to have for singles. My folks are very pushy when it comes to relationships, so I'm sure that has some influence on my thought process currently.

It's funny, I have an uncle who is 55 and single (never been married) and my parents always resort to using him as an example for what 'could happen' if I don't get my butt in gear. I always think to myself, he's really not the best example to use because the dude is loaded and lives a pretty great life from what I can tell. I'm sure he has his lonely days, but makes you wonder.

Im 20 and girls to seem to like me more cuz my body is celebrated and my shoulder is nicer now. It helps when u workout and look a bit mean but dont look to mean. More like straight face. On youtube there is videos and girls like men with straight face. Also nice jeans
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2020, 10:56 PM   #6518
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213e90n51 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Deets.

Im 20 and girls to seem to like me more cuz my body is celebrated and my shoulder is nicer now. It helps when u workout and look a bit mean but dont look to mean. More like straight face. On youtube there is videos and girls like men with straight face. Also nice jeans
Very cool. I agree, staying in shape and being fashionable are important. Although, I could probably use some work in the clothing department - LOL.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 10:59 PM   #6519
213e90n51
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Deets.

Very cool. I agree, staying in shape and being fashionable are important. Although, I could probably use some work in the clothing department - LOL.
The face tho yunno. Why do u thibk in movies. The hot guy or charecter isnt smiling or laughing? Im telling you its te face game. Serious and kinda mean but not to stern. Look at 007 front of dvds for example. Is he laughing at you?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 11:23 PM   #6520
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Deets.

The face tho yunno. Why do u thibk in movies. The hot guy or charecter isnt smiling or laughing? Im telling you its te face game. Serious and kinda mean but not to stern. Look at 007 front of dvds for example. Is he laughing at you?
Lol, I'm not so sure on the 'tough guy' facial expressions my friend. Honestly, I find it best to just be genuine and let the rest fall into place. It's as if woman can sense your bullshit when you're trying too hard - IMO.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 02:17 AM   #6521
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Deets.

Lol, I'm not so sure on the 'tough guy' facial expressions my friend. Honestly, I find it best to just be genuine and let the rest fall into place. It's as if woman can sense your bullshit when you're trying too hard - IMO.
Bro he's fuckin with you lol. Didn't you notice he's trolling on other posts too? Lmao.

That dude is buggin out
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00
      05-18-2020, 02:40 AM   #6522
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Y'all know what really sucks? When you're mid 50ths like me, most of my friends are almost the second or third time married again or divorced for the x-time and in between the ex-wifes of GF's which have more or less good relationships to each other and kept them up, even the relation is gone though.
Attenting a party with such circumstances is like skipping through a minefield, no matter which person you are talking with, any bet that this would hurt another.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 4
yco5730.50
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50
      05-18-2020, 07:37 AM   #6523
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Do not play the stern, tough guy act. Tough guys and genuine people in general don't have to act. Their confidence exudes from them and is noticed. If you try to fake the funk, you're going to have a bad time. Making women feel comfortable around you is as simple as making them laugh. Trying to be a hard ass isn't going to make this happen.

Again, gentlemen, just be yourself. You could potentially meet the perfect woman (for you) but let her slip away trying to be something your not. It is possible that we try to hard ya know.
Appreciate 9
Rmtt8211.00
Dang3r12512.00
MKSixer34184.50
cmyx6go15696.50
qba335i399.50
      05-18-2020, 08:37 AM   #6524
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Do not play the stern, tough guy act. Tough guys and genuine people in general don't have to act. Their confidence exudes from them and is noticed. If you try to fake the funk, you're going to have a bad time. Making women feel comfortable around you is as simple as making them laugh. Trying to be a hard ass isn't going to make this happen.

Again, gentlemen, just be yourself. You could potentially meet the perfect woman (for you) but let her slip away trying to be something your not. It is possible that we try to hard ya know.
Adding to this, not being yourself is the best way to guarantee a relationship will not last. An act can only last so long, and if that is who they think you are, you are screwed when the finally get to know the real you!
Rmtt8211.00
Dang3r12512.00
cmyx6go15696.50
      05-18-2020, 12:25 PM   #6525
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Deets.
Nothing interesting tbh, just a tinder hook up. Most of my hit list is back home already so I was generally met with "yeah but mom and dad are home"

I'm staying at an AirBnB, rented out the basement of a family so I also don't want to bring girls around
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2020, 12:39 PM   #6526
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Deets.

Bro he's fuckin with you lol. Didn't you notice he's trolling on other posts too? Lmao.

That dude is buggin out
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Deets.

[COLOR="BLACK"]Bro he's fuckin with you lol. Didn't you notice he's trolling on other posts too? Lmao.

That dude is buggin out [/COLOR]
Apparently, he missed the post of his sandal tan feet with shit all over his floor
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
cmyx6go15696.50
      05-18-2020, 12:44 PM   #6527
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Apparently, he missed the post of his sandal tan feet with shit all over his floor
This post is famous I tell you! it is the one post on here that I've seen that has been discussed in multiple other threads. Funny how some hobbit feet became famous in BP OT section. His feet are almost as famous around here as the prancersize videos.
Appreciate 5
Rmtt8211.00
rebekahb3132.50
MKSixer34184.50
cmyx6go15696.50
      05-18-2020, 02:15 PM   #6528
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Get off my fucking lawn!
Appreciate 4
      05-18-2020, 02:24 PM   #6529
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Lol, sounds like some quality content. Fortunately, I missed out on that post, but I don't know, kid seems harmless to me.

Was just being nice.

Quote:
Nothing interesting tbh, just a tinder hook up. Most of my hit list is back home already so I was generally met with "yeah but mom and dad are home"

I'm staying at an AirBnB, rented out the basement of a family so I also don't want to bring girls around
You suck, haha, but congrats on breaking your dry spell my guy.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2020, 02:30 PM   #6530
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Im 20
you sure about that
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50
      05-18-2020, 02:36 PM   #6531
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
you sure about that
I thought the same thing.

Doc, how's the love life? It's been a while since you've posted.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 06:16 PM   #6532
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I've told Rudi this - that guy has to be ~20. He's definitely closer to my age than you guys' age. I also have missed the feet pics and I'm not sad at all.

So no, he's not going to turn into gasoline in 10 minutes.

Jordan's World Wish I had a better story than "I was so horny since quarantine started, i was thinking of intercoursing with my couch so anything that has a pulse was doable". I just (literally) needed to get it out of my system. Don't worry I'll have some better stories as the summer progresses
Appreciate 2
      05-19-2020, 11:18 PM   #6533
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
im really curious to see what bimmerdinner6 posted since i cant go to page 298 for some reason

edit: apparently nothing
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2020, 11:38 PM   #6534
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
im really curious to see what bimmerdinner6 posted since i cant go to page 298 for some reason

edit: apparently nothing
I had a very nice post directed at foot boy but had a change of heart and deleted. Also dimmer not dinner.
Appreciate 5
Rmtt8211.00
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50