New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-30-2020, 12:11 AM   #5171
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Group buy?

I'm sure MKSixer and 1MOREMOD are in with me

Can we request with goat arms too???
Let's call it $100/month for the lot of you. I'll even throw in some furry plumber-butt a couple times a week, just to prove I'm not a greedy man.
MKSixer34173.50
      01-30-2020, 12:18 AM   #5172
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
is pennsiveguy becoming an e-girl on a car forum?

when can we buy your pee and/or your bath water?
if i donate to your stream, will you announce my name as "Thank you Turkish Pickle!"?
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      01-30-2020, 12:30 AM   #5173
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
is pennsiveguy becoming an e-girl on a car forum?

when can we buy your pee and/or your bath water?
if i donate to your stream, will you announce my name as "Thank you Turkish Pickle!"?
My marketing team is tabulating the focus group data as I type this. Belly-button lint and nail clippings are the strong players at this point, but it's early in the game.

Yes, shout-outs are available for $5 each.
      01-30-2020, 03:18 AM   #5174
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Can we request with goat arms too???
BAN!

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 06:47 AM   #5175
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List

I hate all of you.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34173.50
      01-30-2020, 07:55 AM   #5176
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I always get there first and sit so I'm facing the door. Fewer distractions for them. It's an old sales trick.

Deal breaker: if she picks her phone up more than once or twice (unless the date goes longer than an hour or so, or she's showing me pix). I leave mine in my car; whatever's going on, I'll catch up when the date's over. If she'd rather be texting "IKR?" to her besty than having a conversation with me, I'll happily let her do so while I get up and leave. I've done that 3 times and it felt fantastic. If her life revolves around her phone, we're not a match. I own my phone; my phone doesn't own me.
I do one better...I make sure to meet them outside & if they end up not looking like the pics, I just walk away & they never knew it. Done that before.

Same on the phone thing...right after I call them on it.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 08:19 AM   #5177
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Based on the market opportunity I'm seeing here, I've decided to start a hairy arm cam show, as a side hustle. I'll be doing dishes, detailing my humidifier, folding laundry. I'll post the URL when it goes live.

Oooh - can we take guesses on what the URL will be?

The two front runner guesses from me are:

"Zoo animals doing human things.com"
"missing link found.com"
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2020, 10:41 AM   #5178
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Socky-things FTMFW!!!!
      01-30-2020, 01:43 PM   #5179
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Oooh - can we take guesses on what the URL will be?

The two front runner guesses from me are:

"Zoo animals doing human things.com"
"missing link found.com"
Cake farts
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 06:18 AM   #5180
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Hope everything is okay. I'm sick of hospitals right now.
She's finally in a room after two days in the ER. Thank you. And hang in there.
Rmtt8208.00
      01-31-2020, 11:35 AM   #5181
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Update: met her for dinner yesterday. Looked like her pictures thankfully lol. I was going to FaceTime prior to meeting as it was suggested here but I had a good feeling she wasn't lying since she added me on her IG by accepting my request (her IG is private so that tells me in fact it is her).

Anyways, dinner went really well. Down to earth lady. Good job, not money hungry like these other girls I've seen, and has a Model 3 (not that her car matters but I can appreciate someone who doesn't drive beaters lol) Family oriented as well. Spent a good 3.5 hours with her, so I'd call that a good start? We may meet again soon, she lives around an hour from me.
Appreciate 5
      01-31-2020, 11:40 AM   #5182
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Update: met her for dinner yesterday. Looked like her pictures thankfully lol. I was going to FaceTime prior to meeting as it was suggested here but I had a good feeling she wasn't lying since she added me on her IG by accepting my request (her IG is private so that tells me in fact it is her).

Anyways, dinner went really well. Down to earth lady. Good job, not money hungry like these other girls I've seen, and has a Model 3 (not that her car matters but I can appreciate someone who doesn't drive beaters lol) Family oriented as well. Spent a good 3.5 hours with her, so I'd call that a good start? We may meet again soon, she lives around an hour from me.
That's a really good start.

For me it's been one or the other. They either look nothing like their pictures, or have zero personality.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 11:49 AM   #5183
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Quote:

That's a really good start.

For me it's been one or the other. They either look nothing like their pictures, or have zero personality.
I hear that's a pretty common case these days. When you say zero personality, how were you made aware of it? The usual lacking of quality engaging conversations or just a lack of enthusiasm?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 11:51 AM   #5184
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

This is excellent news! Hoping for continued positive developments on this one. Keep meeting other women too, though. It's important to keep perspective and have options, IMO.
      01-31-2020, 11:55 AM   #5185
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

This is excellent news! Hoping for continued positive developments on this one. Keep meeting other women too, though. It's important to keep perspective and have options, IMO.
Thanks. Yea that's what I plan on doing. But this whole swiping business on apps gets pretty repetitive and tiring! It's like having a second job, I'm sure the others here who are on dating apps can relate. Start by matching, starting a convo, talking for a short while then ending with getting ghosted or deciding she's a waste of your time.. then rinse and repeat.

Do you all feel the same?
Appreciate 3
      01-31-2020, 12:03 PM   #5186
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks. Yea that's what I plan on doing. But this whole swiping business on apps gets pretty repetitive and tiring! It's like having a second job, I'm sure the others here who are on dating apps can relate. Start by matching, starting a convo, talking for a short while then ending with getting ghosted or deciding she's a waste of your time.. then rinse and repeat.

Yup, it's part of the game. I'm not in a hurry to get back into the game right away, for this very reason. You have to sift through a lot of sand to find a nugget of gold. And the hourly rate for the sifting gig is horseshit.
      01-31-2020, 12:08 PM   #5187
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yup, it's part of the game. I'm not in a hurry to get back into the game right away, for this very reason. You have to sift through a lot of sand to find a nugget of gold. And the hourly rate for the sifting gig is horseshit.
Ahh, so everyone has this issue I see

Such a hassle. Man I was thoroughly surprised she pulled out her credit card to pay when the bill came. I was like, I got it don't worry but thanks for offering. Since when have girls been trying to pay on dates lol!?
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2020, 12:17 PM   #5188
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Such a hassle. Man I was thoroughly surprised she pulled out her credit card to pay when the bill came. I was like, I got it don't worry but thanks for offering. Since when have girls been trying to pay on dates lol!?
Hopefully not in this case, but sometimes that can be a negative signal. In sales, if the prospect tries to pay it's sometimes because they don't want to be beholden to the salesperson and thus won't feel like they need to talk to them again.

Hopefully that's not what's going on in your case. If it is...well, you had a nice dinner and conversation with someone cool. Be thankful for pleasant company.
      01-31-2020, 12:21 PM   #5189
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hopefully not in this case, but sometimes that can be a negative signal. In sales, if the prospect tries to pay it's sometimes because they don't want to be beholden to the salesperson and thus won't feel like they need to talk to them again.

Hopefully that's not what's going on in your case. If it is...well, you had a nice dinner and conversation with someone cool. Be thankful for pleasant company.
That's what I though too. But we've been talking since last night and she'd like to meet up again soon.
Appreciate 3
      01-31-2020, 12:29 PM   #5190
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's what I though too. But we've been talking since last night and she'd like to meet up again soon.
      01-31-2020, 12:59 PM   #5191
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Let's see what happens lol
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 01:31 PM   #5192
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

When they do not even OFFER to pay for their part and/or say thank you when you pay, they are likely not someone worth seeing again.
Appreciate 5
premier3is1630.00
King Rudi13154.00
Germanauto9698.00