New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

09-04-2020, 05:15 PM   #1
SpectreMech
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 iDrive 35is

Extreme low yearly mileage mx on 35is

Lots of scheduled maintenance threads, but can't find on that directly addresses my question.

Bought a one-owner, 2011 35is at the beginning of last Feb from a Lexus dealership. It did have 71K miles on the clock, but the prior owner took extremely good care of it. On top of that, the dealership did a very thorough service...brakes, DCT, oil, coolant, the works...before putting it up for sale. Everything on the car functions beautifully.

I've put maybe 300 Sunday-drive miles on it since, and it'll have less than 500 total before it gets put up for winter (which hopefully is still several weeks away here in north Idaho).

At a chronological service, with very few elapsed miles, what's are my must-do service requirements before storage? Oil only? Fresh tank of gas with some Stabil? Battery goes on a trickle charger if it doesn't go out every second weekend.

Thanks for any advice.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 06:25 AM   #2
VailM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is

my 35is came with 15k miles when i purshsed it back in 2012. (it is a 2011). As of today it has 35000. Meaning I drove it 20k in last 8 years. This last year i think i put 650 miles on it.

With that being said during the winder Nov-March i drive maybe 3 or 4 times if and when need. All i do is keep the fuel topped off and go down and start and let it warm up for 5 minutes or so before shutting it down.

In the last 8 years. Zero faults, zero errors, zero leaks. zero squeaks. Its almost factory new inside and out. Good luck.
Appreciate 0