New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-01-2020, 04:22 AM   #2091
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Any opinions on the outcome of this ER?
Well...reading the filing....I'm assuming they need time to "work" the books as after a company consolidation...they now show a gain of 2.4M in revenue between quarters of each year. I know that I'm holding.

This transaction will result in a significant change in net revenue of approximately $2.4 million, from $0.1 million for the three months ended March 31, 2019 to approximately $2.5 million for the three months ended March 31, 2020.

https://newsfilter.io/a/c0fe217bb589...2abdd33177f098
      07-01-2020, 04:28 AM   #2092
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
Please don't buy. Just stick your large caps you talked about, it's not worth it.
Let me know when you get out of UAVS.

I know they are moving to Wichita by the end of Q2 which tells me something is going on if they are expanding. They had a direct offering in the past which means they have someone or multiple people very interested in the company.

Next Q1 earnings blew 2019 out of the water. I feel a new HQ means they need more production to fill orders which would affect Q2.

Now if they have a bad Q2 ER...I will have to rethink my position. I'm averaged down as low as I can go.....so any good news that gets it going is a win.
      07-01-2020, 04:30 AM   #2093
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO8 View Post
I wish I would have invested 50k into Polar Power(POLA) yesterday
MYOS as well. I seen it come across my scanner...but I have too many positions open already. I think it ran over 250%.
      07-01-2020, 07:59 AM   #2094
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
Please don't buy. Just stick your large caps you talked about, it's not worth it.
Let me know when you get out of UAVS.

I know they are moving to Wichita by the end of Q2 which tells me something is going on if they are expanding. They had a direct offering in the past which means they have someone or multiple people very interested in the company.

Next Q1 earnings blew 2019 out of the water. I feel a new HQ means they need more production to fill orders which would affect Q2.

Now if they have a bad Q2 ER...I will have to rethink my position. I'm averaged down as low as I can go.....so any good news that gets it going is a win.
I'm not taking a hit, I averaged down to around 1.32 She will be back up.

Will hold through Q2 most likely.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      07-01-2020, 09:02 AM   #2095
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
MYOS as well. I seen it come across my scanner...but I have too many positions open already. I think it ran over 250%.
Wow. MYOS has great gains
Need to look into why
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 09:12 AM   #2096
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Picked up a few grand of (PLAY) last night at $13.38.

They should have enough cash on hand to weather the storm, a strong business model, and I personally love the place. The 1 month chart looks good to me. Will hold for a few weeks for a nice swing, hopefully. Might hold longer if we see some good news.

Thoughts?

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 10.11.24 AM.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  151.4 KB
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      07-01-2020, 10:01 AM   #2097
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Let's go double or nothing on XSPA @ $4.28 for a few weeks, and see if another "Robin Hood trader" spike hits it.....
No surprise, my first "sell" trigger alerted at $3.90 this morning. It seems to be coming back, but I'm still down over 7% since buying in just yesterday.

Is it a sound trade tragedy to set crazy-low bids on cyclical stocks like this, to buy on dips like the $3.80 blip on XSPA this morning?????
      07-01-2020, 10:59 AM   #2098
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No surprise, my first "sell" trigger alerted at $3.90 this morning. It seems to be coming back, but I'm still down over 7% since buying in just yesterday.

Is it a sound trade tragedy to set crazy-low bids on cyclical stocks like this, to buy on dips like the $3.80 blip on XSPA this morning?????
It depends on who you ask. Anytime I can average down a position..I do so.

I also swing trade when I find a good setup. Buy a dip, sell a high..wait a week and do it again. I have with IBIO 2X.

Xspa is crazy. I will be man enough to admit that I have let emotions enter into this play. I still have a $1.11 average.....but watching it makes me second guess myself as I have never held this type of stock this long. I could cut and run now..and still make 271% on my investment. But then again..it's house money and I just think that there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes that we don't see...and one day out of nowhere it will run like a bat out of hell. The Public Float is ridiculous. Any move in one direction or the other makes huge waves.

My other positions I expect to see something happen in the next 3-4 weeks. DLPN within the next 15 days according to their filing.
      07-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #2099
TwinTurboXI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

My stop loss just triggered on KTOV. Most of my XSPA profits just got washed away.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 01:17 PM   #2100
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

What’s going on with CHFS. Just spiked
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 03:19 PM   #2101
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Missed it, would've hopped out.

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 03:33 PM   #2102
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Yeah I missed it also, didn't go high enough to trigger my sell order either.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 04:48 PM   #2103
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Yeah I missed it also, didn't go high enough to trigger my sell order either.
What’s your sell trigger set to?
I just had it on notifications status and it popped up.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 05:01 PM   #2104
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
What’s your sell trigger set to?
I just had it on notifications status and it popped up.
I usually set it to sell when I'm up 20%-25%. In case it runs when I'm not paying attention.
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2020, 10:48 PM   #2105
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO8 View Post
I wish I would have invested 50k into Polar Power(POLA) yesterday
I've seen you mention it a couple of times now, but what exactly is a scanner? And how does it work?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 12:47 AM   #2106
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
Picked up a few grand of (PLAY) last night at $13.38.

They should have enough cash on hand to weather the storm, a strong business model, and I personally love the place. The 1 month chart looks good to me. Will hold for a few weeks for a nice swing, hopefully. Might hold longer if we see some good news.

Thoughts?

Attachment 2352624
It has been on my watchlist for the past few weeks. I was waiting for it to hit $10. Has some strong support there. I was planning to start a position if it did hit $10. Will be waiting to see if it gets hit.

07-02-2020, 01:06 AM   #2107
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
So am I.

Xspa could see something released later in the week or first of next week. I seen where some guy actually applied for one of their positions, and then he posted the info out on the web about a few locations that were about to open aside from JFK.

And SEEL has a number of meetings and calls in the next two weeks that should be very interesting.

Also GENE looks very promising. Offering closed and anything at $2 or less is a good buy for a flip later as it could go to around $3 easily. Also The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation increased its stake in GENE. All signs show it's pretty much bottomed out and ready to go.

AYTU also looks like it may be nearing FDA Approval. If you get in there...do it early and don't be caught chasing. This was released on Saturday and a lot haven't seen it yet.

BRIEF-Zhejiang Orient Gene Biotech Says Unit's Covid-19 Rapid Test Cassette Receives Emergency Use Authorization From U.S. FDA

https://www.reuters.com/article/brie...-idUKP8N2D801K
Regarding AYTU, if the article is referring to the Zhejiang IgG/IgM Rapid Test Cassette - I don't think any of these lateral flow quick serology tests are worth using. They are pretty much all garbage and none have shown good avoidance of cross reactivity with the 4 common coronas.

Even if this one is good, and I doubt it will be better than the Korean SD Bioscience test, the overall problem that even a great antibody test may not be useful. The Roche ELISA, for example, is a great test in terms of sensitivity and specificity, but what do you do with the result? There are increasing reports of people not developing detectable levels of IgG or that the antibodies don't last very long. I've thought about getting myself tested at Quest or LabCorp, but would it provide me any useful information? I don't think so. If I test negative, it's still up in the air if I've actually been exposed or had SARS-CoV-2. If I test positive, I might want another test from a different platform to be sure, and even then, we don't know if that means I'm immune to reinfection or for how long. It would be a stretch to say that I could modify my behavior just because I tested positive for antibodies.

Overall, I don't see much of a market for these type of tests. They aren't useful like a quick antigen test would be to determine if someone is infected on the spot. The IgM is too late-developing and unreliable it would seem. If serology testing becomes popular and there is some data on immunity, I would definitely opt for a higher quality test via blood draw and I suspect many doctors will be guiding their patients in that direction unless they are resellers of these tests.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 01:14 AM   #2108
chris719
Major General
Rep

Quote:
FWIW, I threw a few Franklins (that I can afford to lose) at DLPN, TORC, and AIKI first thing this morning. Let's see where they go.

Every time that I have tried to play the market with logic and common sense, the result has been painful. Well, except for a $200 longshot on AMD when it was in the toilet at $1.80. Let's see if I can do any better by trying something new.....
I bought $1k at $6, bought some more on the way up, only wish I bought even more. I always thought AMD was safe when they were struggling mightily because they have a strong IP portfolio in the GPU sector and also they are the only other really active x86 license holder. Someone would have bought them if they kept struggling. I used to think Intel would never let them go out of business because they feared the wrath of the DOJ, but I'm not sure that's applicable anymore with the competition coming from ARM licensees and the CPU ISA becoming less important. I do think long term Intel is the better bet. AMD has been clever with their CPU designs of late, but Intel had been screwing around. Intel's R&D budget is so much bigger it will be hard to keep the performance crown for very long once they get straightened out. In the longer term I think Intel will face strong pressure from ARM licensees in the datacenter and that could spell trouble.

Last edited by chris719; 07-02-2020 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614883.50
      07-02-2020, 01:26 AM   #2109
chris719
Major General
Rep

Quote:
You are fine. Give them a bit of time. I showed what the others were working on. DLPN is just a time game of waiting for them to release their earnings which is supposed to be anytime now. Torc will go too in time.

This is what Aiki is working on as they own the University of Maryland patents and are working with them. Don't know if I shared this with you guys.
Are you sure this is Aikido's product? They licensed antiviral compounds from UMD, not a vaccine platform as far as I can tell.

I am skeptical of antivirals being big sellers here because it's unlikely a novel compound can beat several of the vaccines to the market given the FDA approval process. Remdesivir already exists, too. So whatever they have has to be better and ideally in pill form or it'll be just like Remdesivir and not really an impact drug.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 05:02 AM   #2110
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Are you sure this is Aikido's product? They licensed antiviral compounds from UMD, not a vaccine platform as far as I can tell.

I am skeptical of antivirals being big sellers here because it's unlikely a novel compound can beat several of the vaccines to the market given the FDA approval process. Remdesivir already exists, too. So whatever they have has to be better and ideally in pill form or it'll be just like Remdesivir and not really an impact drug.
Who knows at this point. So many patents flying around and people trying to get in on the Covid "runs". I think Pfizer is involved as well.

Even GNUS...which I posted on here months ago made people a lot of money. Anything Covid related is hot right now. GNUS was indirectly one of those plays. Kids stuck at home because school is out....let's drop an entertainment channel to keep them occupied.

That;s where I see DLPN going...well somewhat. My bet is on the extra $25M that they could show on the next ER. I got in low...bought 10K shares...and I think I can double my money. In fact if you do price analysis on the stock...I could possibly triple my investment.

The point is that most people playing in the market right now (90%) don't even study what they are getting into. They just hear the right combination of words strung together...and off they go.

You should watch the Chinese sector of the market swing. It's ridiculous.

My interest in Aikido is the pancreatic cancer research.

Aikido has made me money 2X's in the past. Right now looking at the charts, it's about time for Hayes to drop some "Fluffy PR" as it's primed to pop.

It's funny how things go. I also have IBIO. I sold on the news they released where they entered a partnership to be able to use "Watson" for free for their research for the next 18 months I believe. I made a decent amount.

Bought back in after the "craze" on a dip...and just the other day they released some news about H1N1 findings...and their stock didn't move.

The whole market is crazy right now. I keep 4-5 in play for swing trades. I try to have each one in a different sector of the market. The key is getting in early with a low average....then patience. You sell on news..or rumor of news.

All I know is I'm up about $51K for the year overall. I had a couple of big runners (200%+)...but most of the time I just look for a 20-30% gain. Do that over and over...it adds up over time.

Last edited by Rmtt; 07-02-2020 at 05:12 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2020, 05:07 AM   #2111
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
I've seen you mention it a couple of times now, but what exactly is a scanner? And how does it work?

It's a screening tool that searches the markets to find stocks that meet a set of user-selected criteria.

You can modify them to find stocks that meet your specific filters.

I use TradingView. Plus I am still "tweaking" it as it doesn't help if you don't have it setup to look for the right stuff.

But it has all kind of options. Here is what got me started awhile back.

https://stockstotrade.com/how-to-use-stock-scanners/
      07-02-2020, 07:13 AM   #2112
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
It has been on my watchlist for the past few weeks. I was waiting for it to hit $10. Has some strong support there. I was planning to start a position if it did hit $10. Will be waiting to see if it gets hit.

I was waiting for $10 also, but I still think its undervalued here. Would you day, or swing trade this?
Appreciate 0