New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

08-22-2017, 01:17 PM   #23
Datka
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 ,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Wait, people are actually going to watch this nonsense?!

...people are actually going to pay to watch this nonsense?!
It will be interesting to see all skeptics after Floyd gets knocked out cold.
I am not predicting that outcome, but how can anyone call this fight a nonsense?
I used to box at an amateur level and understand this sport very well.
Connor is not a bum from Ireland. He is an elite mma fighter that uses his boxing skills as a primary weapon. Finishes most of his opponents with strikes. Prefers stand up as he was beginning his career as a boxer, not as a wrestler unlike many mma champions.
He is bigger, younger, stronger, has knockout power unlike Floyd and is very confident he can take Floyd out.
I don't believe Floyd can finish Connor. He will win by decision most likely by running and landing accurate punches, but no way he can hurt Connor.
However, Irishman will have plenty of time to catch Floyd once with his left hook. If that happens, he is going to finish him.
I think this fight is going to be more interesting than many ppl think.
      08-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #24
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datka View Post
I am not predicting that outcome, but how can anyone call this fight a nonsense?
Connor is not a bum from Ireland. He is an elite mma fighter that uses his boxing skills as a primary weapon. Finishes most of his opponents with strikes. Prefers stand up as he was beginning his career as a boxer, not as a wrestler unlike many mma champions.
He is bigger, younger, stronger, has knockout power unlike Floyd and is very confident he can take Floyd out.
I don't believe Floyd can finish Connor. He will win by decision most likely by running and landing accurate punches, but no way he can hurt Connor.
However, Irishman will have plenty of time to catch Floyd once with his left hook. If that happens, he is going to finish him.
did you watch the Nate Diaz fights? McGregor can't take a lot of punches, much less combinations of punches, def not combinations to the body as well as the head, if you have experience in boxing how come you don't think that Floyd is going to work him with combinations the first 3 or 4 rounds and by the fifth round all he has to do is blow on McGregor and his knees will buckle, not arguing with you just talking it out
      08-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #25
jasonX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13 335is 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80lul View Post
White people cant box for shit
Lomachenko and Golovkin said hi

Former:
2009 335i e92 6MT , 2008 335xi e92 6MT
Appreciate 2
Datka450.00
Cattivo678.00
      08-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #26
Datka
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonX View Post
Lomachenko and Golovkin said hi
Don't forget Klitchko brothers...
      08-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #27
jasonX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13 335is 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
did you watch the Nate Diaz fights? McGregor can't take a lot of punches, much less combinations of punches, def not combinations to the body as well as the head, if you have experience in boxing how come you don't think that Floyd is going to work him with combinations the first 3 or 4 rounds and by the fifth round all he has to do is blow on McGregor and his knees will buckle, not arguing with you just talking it out
McGregor has to make this a dirty fight and win early if he has any shot. He won't outbox Mayweather but the Diaz bros both are durable as hell and he did light up Diaz on the feet. Diaz is also built entirely differently than Mayweather but I'm not disillusioned to believe McGregor has anything outside of a puncher's chance.

Former:
2009 335i e92 6MT , 2008 335xi e92 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 01:53 PM   #28
atam1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Quote:
I'm gonna partly agree with you and partly disagree with you.

Conor will come into the fight around 15 lbs heavier than Floyd. He took bombs from a 180 lb Nate Diaz with 4 oz gloves. It buckled him, but he didn't sleep. Floyd hasn't knocked anyone out anywhere near that size, nor does he ever put full torque on his punches because he's always thinking defense immediately after. The only way I see Floyd coming away with a KO is if Conor gasses and does a replay of his first fight with Nate.

Quote:
Floyd doesn't give anyone plenty of time to catch him with anything. His first priority is defense.

Conor's a southpaw, so he doesn't have a left hook unless he's in the pocket, which as an mma fighter, he has zero experience with. From distance, he has a left straight, which is what you normally use as a southpaw vs orthodox, and a right hook you'd use to set up for the left straight.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 01:56 PM   #29
Datka
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Diaz cought him with a clean punch. How can you compare him who was 200 pounds that day vs Floyd, who has never been more than 154 pounds?
I sparred with bigger man, and trust me, weight difference makes a huge difference in boxing.
      08-22-2017, 01:59 PM   #30
atam1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Quote:
The younger Floyd threw combos early on in the fight. The current Floyd is a lot more careful. He spends the first few rounds throwing jabs, pot shots, and studying his opponent. He only throws combos when he knows his opponents are gassed later on in the fight. You saw this with Canelo.

They're both mostly counter punchers, which kind of sets it up to be a boring fight for most people. They both also have the same signature move, where they shift their weight forward to coax their opponent into a lazy jab, pull back and throw a counter straight.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #31
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I used to be 100% convinced Mayweather was going to destroy him, but the more I read from people who appear to know a lot about such things, I'm not so sure now. I wasn't taking into account Floyd's age. 40 isn't old, but let's be honest, that's well beyond the prime years. I'm still not sure Conor will even be able to hit the guy, so what we might see is Conor get extremely winded after 3-4 rounds along with getting frustrated as all hell. Punching at air over time gets annoying and exhausting, and nobody has really ever been able to hit Floyd.

Should be interesting, I think I'll buy it. What's $100 for something that doesn't come along very often? If it sucks, I'll just pretend I spent the $100 watching the total solar eclipse yesterday. That experience alone was worth $100k, let alone $100.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      08-22-2017, 02:20 PM   #32
MR92_
Private
Rep
Drives: x3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Very educated statement.
Thanks I wroteded it all by ma self
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 02:30 PM   #33
MR92_
Private
Rep

Quote:
Don't forget Klitchko brothers...
You mean the Hanson brothers? Now those guys were bad ass and could fight
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 02:34 PM   #34
MR92_
Private
Rep

Quote:
great contribution, good talk..
Thanks Dad
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 03:36 AM   #35
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

we'll soon find out tomorrow! Sugar Ray had a pretty good insight on this fight. McGregor is coming to fight...not box!

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2017, 11:48 AM   #36
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

I will guess this fight is rigged based on what's gambled!
My money is on Mayweather.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 11:49 AM   #37
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

So close to pressing the button...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #38
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quit calling this a fight. MMA is fighting. Boxing is a sport with one skill set. This is a boxing match. If this goes the distance, it is a complete embarrassment for boxing.

Put these guys in a room with no weapons. Who comes out alive?

Last edited by hellrotm; 08-26-2017 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 12:20 PM   #39
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
we'll soon find out tomorrow! Sugar Ray had a pretty good insight on this fight. McGregor is coming to fight...not box!

My money is on Conor => 1,000 Euros !

In Belgium we have to pay 20 Euros on Eleven Sports to watch the fight .
The famous left one from Conor will hurt Floyd pretty bad through his defence
Can't wait ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #40
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

It is done.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 12:41 PM   #41
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

this is mayweathers fight... and they are both laughing to the bank on this one...

boxing is not Mcregors playground, he has to play by a different set of rules... if this was MMA, mayweather may not have come out alive
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2017, 12:57 PM   #42
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
this is mayweathers fight... and they are both laughing to the bank on this one...

boxing is not Mcregors playground, he has to play by a different set of rules... if this was MMA, mayweather may not have come out alive
No way !
In MMA 70% of the punches are actually boxing . So why you think Conor can not boxing ?

Think you forgot that Conor broke some jaws in MMA and only with boxing punches !
Conor will break through Floyds defence with his world famous left one in no time and already in round 1 !
Floyd will go down pretty hard tonight ...

And I agree that Conor would kill Floyd in MMA .

EDIT : You saw already the jaw from Conor ?
I saw that Conor has a jaw from a silverback gorilla !
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 08-26-2017 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
      08-26-2017, 01:57 PM   #43
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

You guys don't have to pay for the fight. I have footage of it here.

Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      08-26-2017, 02:29 PM   #44
FutureHendr1x
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335 Msport

I will be buying it at home, i have a bunch of friends coming over. I box as well, so to me i enjoy watching the sport, especially a event of this nature.

I have my money on Floyd, he's just good at what he does. Connor is good at entertaining so ill give him that. I don't think the fight is gonna be done in 4 rounds like Connor says...so lets see what happens..
Appreciate 1