New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-20-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
CTNYCLurk
Private First Class
28
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: F30 335 FBO
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Youtube channel advice?

Hi everyone, I was on the fence on creating a youtube channel, whether it was about my FBO F30, or something else. The issue is that car-related content would have been install of new aftermarket parts...but seeing all that stuff is already done to my car, I shifted into creating sneaker videos. I have a hobby of collecting sneakers, and luckily I have quite a few to create individual videos for. If there are any sneakerheads in the group that would like to check out my channel and support, please check the link below. I'm also looking for general video editing advice, to make fuller quality videos. On a tight budget so a 2000$ camera upgrade is not a recommendation I'd be taking.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpf...bWxceNB1_mQn6Q
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 12:06 PM   #2
Jay_NYC
New Member
4
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Queens, NYC

iTrader: (0)

Into sneakers myself and enjoyed going through some of these videos bro. Dope collection. I got you with the like and subscribe

What software are you using to edit the videos? Looking for something myself
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 12:30 PM   #3
CTNYCLurk
Private First Class
28
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: F30 335 FBO
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_NYC View Post
Into sneakers myself and enjoyed going through some of these videos bro. Dope collection. I got you with the like and subscribe

What software are you using to edit the videos? Looking for something myself
I use adobe premiere pro CC 2019 for editing, it's pretty straightforward and has tons of tutorials online to help you with small details
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 01:02 PM   #4
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Banana Hammock's Avatar
3577
Rep
712
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Audio is more important than video.
__________________
Akrapovic | Alpha-N | ARC | IND | KW | Varis | Volk | Vorsteiner
@kontradictions
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 01:20 PM   #5
CTNYCLurk
Private First Class
28
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: F30 335 FBO
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hammock View Post
Audio is more important than video.
For audio and video, I'm using the canon t6i, I think the audio comes out pretty good because I'm indoors and don't have much ambient noise
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 01:50 PM   #6
dreamingat30fps
Major
United_States
1393
Rep
1,442
Posts

Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2017 F350
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (1)

This is my feedback on the video. I can't comment on the content because I've been buying the same pair of $40 Sketchers for years... I'll probably have a nervous breakdown when they stop making them.

1. Audio quality and video quality seem fine to me. Maybe add a bit more light if possible. However I think its good enough and not as important as the content.
2. For me personally that intro sound is a bit annoying.
3. Could use more enthusiasm. Maybe that comes with time. Seems like you are whispering a bit. When I watch car videos I like the ones where the person reviewing the car is excited about it.

However I think the most important thing that ends most channels is just keep putting out the content. I have seen fairly big channels out there that when you look at their history they were putting out a ton of content for years before it finally broke out or what not.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
FCobra942566.50

      06-20-2020, 01:58 PM   #7
CTNYCLurk
Private First Class
28
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: F30 335 FBO
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
This is my feedback on the video. I can't comment on the content because I've been buying the same pair of $40 Sketchers for years... I'll probably have a nervous breakdown when they stop making them.

1. Audio quality and video quality seem fine to me. Maybe add a bit more light if possible. However I think its good enough and not as important as the content.
2. For me personally that intro sound is a bit annoying.
3. Could use more enthusiasm. Maybe that comes with time. Seems like you are whispering a bit. When I watch car videos I like the ones where the person reviewing the car is excited about it.

However I think the most important thing that ends most channels is just keep putting out the content. I have seen fairly big channels out there that when you look at their history they were putting out a ton of content for years before it finally broke out or what not.

Good luck!
Thank you for the great feedback, I can tone down the intro sound so its more mellow. I also have received the same feedback for sounding more estatic during the review, it is a bit unusual/weird for me right now to talk to myself through the camera, but I'll be working on this and hopefully open up more as the video content gets produced.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 08:18 PM   #8
mosiris
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i xDrive Carbon Black
Join Date: May 2019
Location: New York, NY

iTrader: (0)

Keep uploading and try to improve each video. Little bits add up eventually. Great start my guy.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 10:11 AM   #9
rotorm
Registered
rotorm's Avatar
0
Rep
0
Posts

Drives: 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I also support, I started well, I will follow your channel, later I can offer ideas
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 01:05 PM   #10
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
upstatedoc's Avatar
4333
Rep
2,038
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorm View Post
I also support, I started well, I will follow your channel, later I can offer ideas
I would listen to this guy

but seriously, what about a YT channel with you playing video games? my boys would watch them all day if I let them
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 10:06 AM   #11
CTNYCLurk
Private First Class
28
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: F30 335 FBO
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosiris View Post
Keep uploading and try to improve each video. Little bits add up eventually. Great start my guy.
thanks for the advice
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 10:07 AM   #12
CTNYCLurk
Private First Class
28
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: F30 335 FBO
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I would listen to this guy

but seriously, what about a YT channel with you playing video games? my boys would watch them all day if I let them
lmaoo. i'm not big into gaming, if I was really good I'd think about it!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 09:05 AM   #13
Smgs1992
Lieutenant
251
Rep
495
Posts

Drives: 2007 bmw 335i
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Cincinnati ohio

iTrader: (0)

Get a hot girl to be in the thumbnail ��
Joking aside create interesting content without being monotone or overindulge in every detail. Atleast not until you find your niche. The reason i watch alot of youtubers vs others is that i feel like i can connect with them and it feels more like hanging out with a friend rather than just watching a video of them talking about or doing something.
__________________
07 E92 335i 6MT, MMP inlets, DCI, VRSF 7.5 competition intercooler, VRSF catless downpipes, VRSF chargepipe, 335is clutch, Vader Solutions stage 2 LPFP, MHD stage 2+, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, R1 Concepts drilled slotted rotors, TSW Nurburgring 19x8 19x9.5
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 11:51 PM   #14
JasonDot
Enlisted Member
JasonDot's Avatar
28
Rep
40
Posts

Drives: 2015 i3 and 2020 330i
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTNYCLurk View Post
Thank you for the great feedback, I can tone down the intro sound so its more mellow. I also have received the same feedback for sounding more estatic during the review, it is a bit unusual/weird for me right now to talk to myself through the camera, but I'll be working on this and hopefully open up more as the video content gets produced.
Hello! The enthusiasm aspect one I agree on as well, turn it up. A great thing about your channel are your thumbnails! They are clear and consistent throughout. Keep on churning!

The tonality in voice a opportunity for me as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 06:07 AM   #15
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
1861
Rep
4,780
Posts

Drives: M235i 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mid-Atlantic

iTrader: (0)

Nice videos doing your thing, doing it well.
Inexplicably find the videos kind of mesmerizing.


good your not saying either 'guys' or gals' hate videos when someone says 'hey guys'
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:45 AM   #16
j0oftheworld
New Member
6
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 01 S2k, 20 M2C
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: PHX, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Didn't YouTube just up the ante on monetizing channels. 1k subs for video games and 4k subs for everything else?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:37 AM   #17
JasonDot
Enlisted Member
JasonDot's Avatar
28
Rep
40
Posts

Drives: 2015 i3 and 2020 330i
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0oftheworld View Post
Didn't YouTube just up the ante on monetizing channels. 1k subs for video games and 4k subs for everything else?
Hello! It is still 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours annually to enable monetization.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST