New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

09-22-2021, 10:54 AM   #265
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SLOW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Sad but probably true. They spent like ~1 hour gingerly talking going back and forth and ofc didn't hurt that the victim was a cute Kate Hudson lookalike. The unfortunate irony was that if they did arrest her (or him), she probably would be alive today.
""Ultimately Moab police decided not file any charges and instead separated the couple for the night, with Laundrie checking into a motel and Petito remaining with the converted sleeper van.

“He’s going to a hotel. I’m giving you the keys to the van. I’m giving him a ride to the hotel. Everything will be okay,” the officer says.""
On the footage of the body cam, he told the cops that he kept the van keys on him at all times because he was scared that she was going to ditch him and take off with the van without him. "I don't have a phone so if she goes off without me on a car ride, I'm on my own."

But, proceeds to pull out HIS cell phone from his pocket minutes later when the cop asks for his number.

Towards the end of the body cam footage, Gabby is heard telling the cop to remind Brian to take his charger cord for his phone as well.

I understand the reasoning for releasing the body cam footage well after the fact but I feel like somebody should've probably caught that. By somebody I mean law enforcement considering they didn't release the footage until recently.
Appreciate 2
      09-22-2021, 10:56 AM   #266
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Sad but probably true. They spent like ~1 hour gingerly talking going back and forth and ofc didn't hurt that the victim was a cute Kate Hudson lookalike. The unfortunate irony was that if they did arrest her (or him), she probably would be alive today.
damned if you do, damned if you dont.

could you imagine he backlash if they had arrested her? "cute social media star arrested". we all know how much social media loves cops.

They did what they should have. Brian was the only one with signs of abuse, scratches on face and arm, and gabby even said she hit him. He wasnt pressing charges so the right course of action is to separate them and let them cool off.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
sspade2464.50
      09-22-2021, 11:38 AM   #267
Mark M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3 E83X3 E90335D

Since this story broke it's been my opinion that she was pregnant and this road trip was them trying to grow their bond and have a great adventure before being parents.

At some juncture he no longer wanted that path and may have hoped of swaying her to terminate. As a result their arguments and tension continued to rise combined with literally living on top of each other the conflict became too much. Plus if accurate, her pregnancy hormones and moods would not have helped the matter. He then murdered her as a last resort rather than being a stand up dad.

Just my 2 cents.
      09-22-2021, 11:47 AM   #268
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
We have all seen smoke shows with guys who treat them like shit, both verbally and physically. There is a reason they stay with them.

Daddy issues or sexual abuse as a child is always my go to and almost always 100% right from my experience.

Who is more exciting to a young girl the boy scout who never misses church on Sunday or the guy who got kicked out of school and rides a motorcycle, has tattoos, etc?
Most exciting to the girls: Athletes

Trust me, I know!
Appreciate 1
Torgus3781.50
      09-22-2021, 11:49 AM   #269
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
Since this story broke it's been my opinion that she was pregnant and this road trip was them trying to grow their bond and have a great adventure before being parents.

At some juncture he no longer wanted that path and may have hoped of swaying her to terminate. As a result their arguments and tension continued to rise combined with literally living on top of each other the conflict became too much. He then murdered her as a last resort rather than being a stand up dad.

Just my 2 cents.
I dunno, but I would definitely NOT recommend living in an RV, much less a tiny van, with someone you don't have an EXCELLENT relationship with. Then again, maybe you should do that BEFORE getting married to save the hassle and headaches of a divorce.
Appreciate 2
sspade2464.50
Torgus3781.50
      09-22-2021, 11:52 AM   #270
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
Trying to figure out why so many people (not just here) want to keep us in this perpetual race-cycle. I don't see the goal posts.
It is a strange phenomenon, I agree. I am definitely guilty of getting far too interested in true crime stories. Sick mind, I guess.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-22-2021, 12:07 PM   #271
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
why did he kill her?
what was his motive or was it an accident?

regardless in any situation whether he wanted out of relationship and her being preg, walk away.
if she wanted to keep the baby, that would be on her.
if he need $$ to get back home, all he had to do is ask his parents for money.
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2021, 12:09 PM   #272
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
male, not a big social media following, no mysterious fiance and weird circumstances surrounding the couple and their disappearance, is a local thing and not a multi-state investigation...

try your race baiting elsewhere.
Uh it’s not baiting. Some of us curiously questioned if the Gabby story would have attracted as much attention. This story says the guy went missing a month ago and we’re just hearing about it now whereas we have been hearing about Gabby for weeks. Let’s say if I didn’t post it here to raise awareness, would any of you have done it? Didn’t think so. I know that there’s not much I can do to help except posting it to bring some level of awareness to things.
Appreciate 2
shimmy232350.00
540iSUP704.00
      09-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #273
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Uh it’s not baiting. Some of us curiously questioned if the Gabby story would have attracted as much attention. This story says the guy went missing a month ago and we’re just hearing about it now whereas we have been hearing about Gabby for weeks. Let’s say if I didn’t post it here to raise awareness, would any of you have done it? Didn’t think so. I know that there’s not much I can do to help except posting it to bring some level of awareness to things.
you specifically brought up race, then posted a story that is in no way shape or form the same situation that hasnt gotten national attention and tried to make its lack of public attention because of race.

If you want to bring awareness to that missing person, make a new thread instead of trying to make it about race in this thread.

over half a million people go missing every year. there are hundreds of thousands unsolved missing person cases out there. If you werent race baiting, why only bring up one of an african american and not mention the hundreds of thousands of other races.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?

Last edited by TheWatchGuy; 09-22-2021 at 12:31 PM..
Appreciate 7
shoei7779.00
King Rudi13154.00
Torgus3781.50
      09-22-2021, 12:25 PM   #274
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Heart breaking
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 12:34 PM   #275
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
male, not a big social media following, no mysterious fiance and weird circumstances surrounding the couple and their disappearance, is a local thing and not a multi-state investigation...

try your race baiting elsewhere.
Uh it's not baiting. Some of us curiously questioned if the Gabby story would have attracted as much attention. This story says the guy went missing a month ago and we're just hearing about it now whereas we have been hearing about Gabby for weeks. Let's say if I didn't post it here to raise awareness, would any of you have done it? Didn't think so. I know that there's not much I can do to help except posting it to bring some level of awareness to things.
I mean, we could do this all day long. Why not use the example of the same park in Wyoming? There's been over 400 women who have gone missing in the same area Gabby's body was found over the course of the past decade. Even in Wyoming alone there's currently over 700 missing women. Why did you pick the one male who is black and residing in another state to compare to a white female? That IS baiting, you know why you chose him specifically. You could've easily highlighted why isn't there emphasis on the other 700+ missing females in Wyoming?

I agree that this case got an unprecedented amount of attention but a discussion can be had without trying to cause chaos on an already chaotic event. This stems much further than just race or color or gender. Why Gabby and not any of the other 700 women from the same state is the underlying issue. Isn't that more perplexing? Is it because she's "cute"? (Can't imagine none of the other 700 women weren't "cute" as well.) Is it because she was white? Well, can't imagine none of that 700 weren't white either so there goes that theory too. So then what is it? Social media influencer? Other social media influencers in the same park trying to increase their views by talking about this?
Appreciate 3
sspade2464.50
King Rudi13154.00
      09-22-2021, 12:59 PM   #276
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

...but it surely is trolling.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 01:02 PM   #277
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
i bet his parents know where he is hiding...
Appreciate 2
      09-22-2021, 01:12 PM   #278
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

Who is more exciting to a young girl the boy scout who never misses church on Sunday or the guy who got kicked out of school and rides a motorcycle, has tattoos, etc?
I know the answer to this one!

Quote:

At some juncture he no longer wanted that path and may have hoped of swaying her to terminate. As a result their arguments and tension continued to rise combined with literally living on top of each other the conflict became too much. Plus if accurate, her pregnancy hormones and moods would not have helped the matter. He then murdered her as a last resort rather than being a stand up dad.

Just my 2 cents.
I don't know. Perhaps she was indeed pregnant, but maybe it wasn't his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I dunno, but I would definitely NOT recommend living in an RV, much less a tiny van, with someone you don't have an EXCELLENT relationship with. Then again, maybe you should do that BEFORE getting married to save the hassle and headaches of a divorce.
I think this may have been the same mindset he had, but chose an alternative option to divorce. My apologies, this is a bit dark; but everything is speculative at this point.

Quote:
you specifically brought up race, then posted a story that is in no way shape or form the same situation that hasnt gotten national attention and tried to make its lack of public attention because of race.

If you want to bring awareness to that missing person, make a new thread instead of trying to make it about race in this thread.

over half a million people go missing every year. there are hundreds of thousands unsolved missing person cases out there. If you werent race baiting, why only bring up one of an african american and not mention the hundreds of thousands of other races.
This. Beat me to it. What if the same story happened to an African Swallow? I'm just out here trying to raise awareness about the plight of the African Swallow.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3781.50
      09-22-2021, 01:16 PM   #279
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:

I know the answer to this one!

Quote:

Just my 2 cents.
I don't know. Perhaps she was indeed pregnant, but maybe it wasn't his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I think this may have been the same mindset he had, but chose an alternative option to divorce. My apologies, this is a bit dark; but everything is speculative at this point.

Quote:

This. Beat me to it. What if the same story happened to an African Swallow? I'm just out here trying to raise awareness about the plight of the African Swallow.
They had already called off the engagement well before the trip. Just figured I'd clear that up as well before we go down the wrong rabbit hole.

Some of y'all would make terrible detectives.

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 01:23 PM   #280
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:

Because it popped up on my Apple News feed and it goes along the line of some of us here wondering if this Gabby case would have been different otherwise. It’s a genuine curiosity and something that is on a lot of people’s mind. It’s just my opinion/curiosity. You guys can think or say whatever you want.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00
      09-22-2021, 01:28 PM   #281
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Because it popped up on my Apple News feed and it goes along the line of some of us here wondering if this Gabby case would have been different otherwise. It’s a genuine curiosity and something that is on a lot of people’s mind. It’s just my opinion/curiosity. You guys can think or say whatever you want.
Although I tend to agree with the others overall, to your defense: this story did pop up on my news feed as well today... so at least you didn't just go searching for a story about a missing black guy to stir up drama.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00
      09-22-2021, 01:30 PM   #282
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
They had already called off the engagement well before the trip. Just figured I'd clear that up as well before we go down the wrong rabbit hole.

Pft...whatever. If there is one thing I know, it's women. I know them so well, that I realize that I know absolutely nothing about them! I also have no problem going down the wrong hole or traveling the road not taken. (c'mon, you know that shit's funny) I'd also like to report that I have never found a rabbit.

Terrible detective? Nah son, I'm just getting warmed up. I know that anytime I propose and the engagement is called off, I go on a 3 month cross-country vacation staying inside a van with them. Guess how many times my children's mother and I canceled our engagement......before we got married.
Appreciate 2
      09-22-2021, 01:33 PM   #283
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:

Pft...whatever. If there is one thing I know, it's women. I know them so well, that I realize that I know absolutely nothing about them! I also have no problem going down the wrong hole or traveling the road not taken. (c'mon, you know that shit's funny) I'd also like to report that I have never found a rabbit.

Terrible detective? Nah son, I'm just getting warmed up. I know that anytime I propose and the engagement is called off, I go on a 3 month cross-country vacation staying inside a van with them. Guess how many times my children's mother and I canceled our engagement......before we got married.
Time to track missing persons reports with your geo tag locations and cell tower pings the last few years lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 01:42 PM   #284
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Time to track missing persons reports with your geo tag locations and cell tower pings the last few years lol.
Rudi has left the chat....whilst whistling nonchalantly. Man, sure is rainy here today.
Appreciate 2
shoei7779.00
Buug95917399.00
      09-22-2021, 01:45 PM   #285
dscabra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GMC Denali

Garage List
A lot of entertaining, however, meaningless speculation happening here. Nobody but the killer knows who the killer is at this point, and all we know is that her death was ruled a homicide by the medical examiner. All the race chatter is also worthless as there are many murders that get over publicized while many more go unnoticed by the masses. Some interesting statistics available here (2019 statistics are the most current available):

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s.../violent-crime

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 714
Size:  172.7 KB

Last edited by dscabra; 09-22-2021 at 01:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #286
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Since the cause of death was ruled Homicide prior to the toxicology report being complete...

We could conclude that the body showed obvious signs of physical trauma, right? And enough of that trauma to cause death? All of that on top of the fact that the body was in the ground for at least 3 weeks making identification of certain wounds/lesions much harder to distinguish. Hm.

The point Im getting at is: what happens if the tox report shows lethal amounts of drugs or other substances?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread