New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

02-08-2023, 04:20 PM   #309
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I don’t think that’s much of a difference, considering how remarkably better looking the Audi is. I mean the plaid looks almost as bad as a Prius.

Sorry for the edit. I had to ask. Do you really think the Plaid is a good looking car objectively? I mean seriously? Be honest lol
lmfao

just dumb if you think that is not much of a difference and this looks like a Prius we are done...you're just a clueless troll at this point

better looking and not too mention almost twice the range and the Audi is not even close in tech or charging network....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 04:25 PM   #310
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
lmfao

just dumb if you think that is not much of a difference and this looks like a Prius we are done...you're just a clueless troll at this point

better looking and not too mention almost twice the range and the Audi is not even close in tech or charging network....
Clueless troll = a people or person with the audacity to hold a different opinion the SoCal_NSX

Yes, I think it’s ugly. I think all Teslas are ugly. Do you think I’m happy about that? I love Elon Musk, and what he’s done. I love the idea that in the beginning it was free market enterprise created by an entrepreneur. I loved the excitement around it and still do. I also agree with you that the network for charging is pretty impressive. Too bad other EV cars can’t charge at Tesla stations but that’s a different discussion. All that has nothing to do with the fact that my opinion is the entire lineup of cars looks stupid. The wheels look stupid. The shape looks stupid and yes they all look like a Prius. They look a lot more like a Prius than that Audi does or any BMW does. That’s a fact. Just because you disagree with me I won’t call you any names.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 05:04 PM   #311
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
lmfao

A plaid is A LOT better looking over an etron what the fuck are people smoking?

Where is Vic55 ?

Please post pics of your plaid.

Car needs zero cosmetic mods. Tint it and maybe lower it on stock wheels and that’ll look better than almost any 4 door sedan on the market today. And faster than all of them too.
      02-08-2023, 05:08 PM   #312
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post

Where is Vic55 ?

Car needs zero cosmetic mods. Tint it and maybe lower it on stock wheels and that’ll look better than almost any 4 door sedan on the market today. And faster than all of them too.
I know a Vic. Very cool guy. He also has other really bad ass ice vehicles and probably owns the plaid just because he can. The back half of the plaid looks almost identical to a Prius. If you like that style of car that’s cool. I like the front end of a G80 and I’m in the minority on that. I don’t care. I’ve seen plenty of plaids in person. My Porsche dealership has a dozen of them that were traded in on Tycans and other Porsche vehicles. My BMW dealership also has some. Of course they’ve all crashed in price because Elon dropped prices so both these dealerships are going to take losses on them.

The idea that you would say that it’s the best looking sedan in the market just shows you that you and I are in two completely different universes. I don’t think the look of any Tesla comes close to even some of the ugliest of cars. Corolla looks better than the entire Tesla lineup. Hell, my sons, Elantra looks better than the plaid. Lol. I’ll tell you what I’ll compromise with you. Whats that that ugly ass box shaped SUV? I think the model 3 probably looks better than that car.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 05:45 PM   #313
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:

Where is Vic55 ?

Im here-- sorry Im late- I was in my Plaid. If I was in any other of my cars Id be here even later

Quote:
I know a Vic. Very cool guy. He also has other really bad ass ice vehicles and probably owns the plaid just because he can. The back half of the plaid looks almost identical to a Prius. If you like that style of car that’s cool. I like the front end of a G80 and I’m in the minority on that. I don’t care. I’ve seen plenty of plaids in person. My Porsche dealership has a dozen of them that were traded in on Tycans and other Porsche vehicles. My BMW dealership also has some. Of course they’ve all crashed in price because Elon dropped prices so both these dealerships are going to take losses on them.

The idea that you would say that it’s the best looking sedan in the market just shows you that you and I are in two completely different universes. I don’t think the look of any Tesla comes close to even some of the ugliest of cars. Corolla looks better than the entire Tesla lineup. Hell, my sons, Elantra looks better than the plaid. Lol. I’ll tell you what I’ll compromise with you. Whats that that ugly ass box shaped SUV? I think the model 3 probably looks better than that car.
Whats up bro! I do actually have the car because I can but I also think its rather polarizing and unique with the wider stance (21 refresh). I dont see the Prius comparo from the back but again everything is subjective as many think the G82 looks like a Mustang (or M8 does)...

I wont delve into the pluses and minuses as Ive discussed this quite often here. I will say that it wont be my first car though but its definitely a riot as any car that can trap 150 is amazing. Yes no exhaust but it has 22 speakers and Im lucky with my build quality-no issues.

Now I did lower my car and add wheels:

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      02-08-2023, 05:54 PM   #314
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Im here-- sorry Im late- I was in my Plaid. If I was in any other of my cars Id be here even later

Whats up bro! I do actually have the car because I can but I also think its rather polarizing and unique with the wider stance (21 refresh). I dont see the Prius comparo from the back but again everything is subjective as many think the G82 looks like a Mustang (or M8 does)...

I wont delve into the pluses and minuses as Ive discussed this quite often here. I will say that it wont be my first car though but its definitely a riot as any car that can trap 150 is amazing. Yes no exhaust but it has 22 speakers and Im lucky with my build quality-no issues.

Thank you for posting.

Enough said. I wanted to hear it from another fellow tesla owner and you own one of the most badass cars on the road today. No one fucks with a plaid whether they see the older model with the plaid emblem or the newer ones with the “holy shit warp speed” emblem lol. People smart enough to know it’s not a car to be messed with unless you own something outrageously modified and making 1200+whp.

I can’t wait to get my plaid. The question is do I keep my model 3 or not. My GF likes it so if she wants to take over the lease payments she can lmaoooo
      02-08-2023, 06:05 PM   #315
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Good to see you brother. I freaking love the wheels. Very nice.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 06:06 PM   #316
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for posting.

Enough said. I wanted to hear it from another fellow tesla owner and you own one of the most badass cars on the road today. No one fucks with a plaid whether they see the older model with the plaid emblem or the newer ones with the “holy shit warp speed” emblem lol. People smart enough to know it’s not a car to be messed with unless you own something outrageously modified and making 1200+whp.

I can’t wait to get my plaid. The question is do I keep my model 3 or not. My GF likes it so if she wants to take over the lease payments she can lmaoooo
Give the Porsche dealership in Tampa call. They have a shit load of Plaids for sale.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 06:15 PM   #317
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

you could throw bbs on a mailtruck and it will look fire. such fucking nice rims.

the thing i hate about tesla, they are the most egregious but all auto makers, is the removal of buttons.

all these menus are driver distraction...i just want buttons. like in my range rover, you gotta flip through three different screens to turn ur heated seats on off. ugh
Appreciate 2
Patton2502939.50
MmmmmM22588.50
      02-08-2023, 06:23 PM   #318
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Give the Porsche dealership in Tampa call. They have a shit load of Plaids for sale.
Or I can visit the Acura dealer, they literally have 5 g8x cars there lmaooooo
      02-08-2023, 06:25 PM   #319
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
you could throw bbs on a mailtruck and it will look fire. such fucking nice rims.

the thing i hate about tesla, they are the most egregious but all auto makers, is the removal of buttons.

all these menus are driver distraction...i just want buttons. like in my range rover, you gotta flip through three different screens to turn ur heated seats on off. ugh
Of all my criticism of the Teslas looks I never really even got to how much I hate the inside even more than the outside. You’re totally right. Holy crap. Give me back the buttons.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2023, 06:26 PM   #320
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Or I can visit the Acura dealer, they literally have 5 g8x cars there lmaooooo
I seriously doubt that
Appreciate 2
      02-08-2023, 06:54 PM   #321
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Rims are nice. Car still not. I was behind a Plaid on the highway. If it didn't have that TINY & PLAIN "Plaid" badge on the rear, I never would have known.

Audi goes for the understated look, but they still look good. Tesla just looks boring as F. All the models.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      02-08-2023, 07:05 PM   #322
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I like the front end of a G80 and I’m in the minority on that. I don’t care.

Im on my 2nd G80X--- the Nose Knows

Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      02-08-2023, 07:07 PM   #323
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Yeah brother I love the color of your car. It’s been a while. I traded my G80 in on a turbo S. Lol. Now I’m going to get an M5. Can you help me explain to these guys that not everyone thinks Tesla’s look good? You’ve always known that. To each their own right?
Appreciate 1
Vic5519318.50
      02-08-2023, 07:13 PM   #324
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah brother I love the color of your car. It’s been a while. I traded my G80 in on a turbo S. Lol. Now I’m going to get an M5. Can you help me explain to these guys that not everyone thinks Tesla’s look good? You’ve always known that. To each their own right?
I mean I have a bias as I own one and didnt get it for the EV value. I got the Plaid for the novelty of pure unadulterated speed. Its just fun to drive but its no more fun even with the speed than my GTS, G80X, M8, etc. Its just different. And yes not everyone likes the looks of Tesla's. I personally dont like the 3's and really dont care for the non refresh pizza cutter tire Model S cars that died after 125 traps either.

Hey I love the S63tu engine and dumped my M8 GC and while back and then said WTF let me get another but this time a coupe. I love the M5 too but just wanted to coupe for needs/wants or lack of them.

And I went for the more racey look with BBS

Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      02-08-2023, 07:15 PM   #325
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

You sure have an amazing collection of cars.

I know which one is your fastest one though
      02-08-2023, 07:16 PM   #326
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I mean I have a bias as I own one and didnt get it for the EV value. I got the Plaid for the novelty of pure unadulterated speed. Its just fun to drive but its no more fun even with the speed than my GTS, G80X, M8, etc. Its just different. And yes not everyone likes the looks of Tesla's. I personally dont like the 3's and really dont care for the non refresh pizza cutter tire Model S cars that died after 125 traps either.

Hey I love the S63tu engine and dumped my M8 GC and while back and then said WTF let me get another but this time a coupe. I love the M5 too but just wanted to coupe for needs/wants or lack of them.

Another beautiful car. Holy crap, Vic. Lol. Great taste bro. Unfortunately I’m addicted to Patek and AP so I can’t have more than a couple nice cars. Lol. That and stay married I mean. :-)
Appreciate 1
Vic5519318.50
      02-08-2023, 07:17 PM   #327
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I'm considering the M8 when my M3 lease is up. But i love the 4 door look so maybe the next gen M5C is what i'm going for. Most likely not getting another G8X, i need that V8.

But what the hell am i talking about. More pics of the plaid!!!!!
      02-09-2023, 09:02 AM   #328
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I'm considering the M8 when my M3 lease is up. But i love the 4 door look so maybe the next gen M5C is what i'm going for. Most likely not getting another G8X, i need that V8.

But what the hell am i talking about. More pics of the plaid!!!!!:thumsup:
LOL at the risk of being stoned --- I was always in the court of "no chance EV" and still am in regards it being my only car- thankfully Ive got some other nice cars

I like the car's optics with a proper ceramic coat plus wheels/drop- it still wont get much love

Appreciate 4
      02-09-2023, 10:44 AM   #329
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
LOL at the risk of being stoned --- I was always in the court of "no chance EV" and still am in regards it being my only car- thankfully Ive got some other nice cars

I like the car's optics with a proper ceramic coat plus wheels/drop- it still wont get much love

I was the same exact way. Pre pandemic I said everything everyone has said about tesla in these threads. It sucked, no soul, not impressed, I’ll never own one etc.

Pandemic happened, my buddies got model 3 performances. I rode in one, I was like wow. I then drove one and I said, “ok that’s it I’m getting one”.

Didn’t get the performance because long range plus AB is already fast which is what I have now plus I didn’t want 20 inch wheels to daily drive.

Now I want a plaid. But I saw 2 by me but they’re black. Not getting black and I don’t want 21” wheels.

Idc what anyone says, your pics of your plaid that looks incredible and looks better, in my opinion than any 4 door sedan you can buy today.
chris7197334.00
      02-09-2023, 10:47 AM   #330
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I was the same exact way. Pre pandemic I said everything everyone has said about tesla in these threads. It sucked, no soul, not impressed, I’ll never own one etc.

Pandemic happened, my buddies got model 3 performances. I rode in one, I was like wow. I then drove one and I said, “ok that’s it I’m getting one”.

Didn’t get the performance because long range plus AB is already fast which is what I have now plus I didn’t want 20 inch wheels to daily drive.

Now I want a plaid. But I saw 2 by me but they’re black. Not getting black and I don’t want 21” wheels.

Idc what anyone says, your pics of your plaid that looks incredible and looks better, in my opinion than any 4 door sedan you can buy today.
What don’t you like about 20 inch or 21 inch wheels? Does it affect the performance or you just don’t like the looks?
Appreciate 0