New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #1233
chris719
Major General
6240
Rep
6,356
Posts

Drives: '08 M Roadster
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
i actually do want an EV actually ...

was fooling around with the M340i this morning.

the thing does not move until it hits 4000rpm

i swear my Nissan leaf takes off better

obviously if I owned a race track gas is the way to go but on public roads if you want to keep it legal there isn't much happening for a while when i mash the gas pedal, then when the pull comes i'm already almost at the speed limit.

can't have everything!
If your M340i doesn't move until 4000 RPM you should take it to the dealer. Your Leaf shouldn't be able to win except maybe 0-10 mph.

EVs are definitely faster off the line than most ICE cars, but they feel much faster than they are at most speeds. I learned long ago from a professor I had from the ME dept that worked with Michelin: the butt dyno is commonly thought to be acceleration, but it is more accurately described by jerk, which is the derivative of acceleration.

Last edited by chris719; Yesterday at 03:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP1880.00
      Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #1234
BGM-M3COMP
Colonel
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
1880
Rep
2,373
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
If your M340i doesn't move until 4000 RPM you should take it to the dealer. Your Leaf shouldn't be able to win except maybe 0-10 mph.

EVs are definitely faster off the line than most ICE cars, but they feel much faster than they are at most speeds. I learned long ago from a professor I had from the ME dept that worked with Michelin: the butt dyno is commonly thought to be acceleration, but it is more accurately described by jerk, which is the derivative of acceleration.
Itís the torque that gives the sensation of speed. Some standard range model 3 owners think they drive plaids. Yet the car does 0-60 in just under 6 seconds.


Evís are amazing when you want to exploit gaps in traffic or want to take someone off a light. I get them all the time in my model 3.
__________________
2022 model 3 LR.
Kia ev6 - order cancelled
Model s plaid on order
Model y performance also on order
Model x plaid maybe Iíll order too
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #1235
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
12118
Rep
17,434
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Itís the torque that gives the sensation of speed. Some standard range model 3 owners think they drive plaids. Yet the car does 0-60 in just under 6 seconds.


Evís are amazing when you want to exploit gaps in traffic or want to take someone off a light. I get them all the time in my model 3.
I think your are too young to understand the term "broken record".
__________________
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 4
Cos270483.00
M5Rick40014.00
Patton2501987.50
      Today, 03:35 AM   #1236
SoCal_NSX
Major
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
1893
Rep
1,130
Posts

Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Temecula, Ca

iTrader: (1)

well the deed is done!!

sold my 428 and ordered a low mile pre owned Model 3 Performance from Tesla at an amazing price....

I have never even driven the Performance model, but did test drive the long range version and was blown away by how fast that thing was...
so I can't imagine how fast the M3P is gonna feel

I can not wait for my delivery date some time early next week!!!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
      Today, 08:54 AM   #1237
BGM-M3COMP
Colonel
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
1880
Rep
2,373
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
well the deed is done!!

sold my 428 and ordered a low mile pre owned Model 3 Performance from Tesla at an amazing price....

I have never even driven the Performance model, but did test drive the long range version and was blown away by how fast that thing was...
so I can't imagine how fast the M3P is gonna feel

I can not wait for my delivery date some time early next week!!!

Youíre going to love it!!!

Btw car wow has a video of a long range vs performance and the performance is def faster off the line but when they did roll races the long range pulled on the performance lol

I was surprised although I donít think he stated SOC for the cars.


I know the long range can run 12.1-12.2 with AB but some people have done it without. The performance runs the same time as stock g8x cars lmaoooo
__________________
2022 model 3 LR.
Kia ev6 - order cancelled
Model s plaid on order
Model y performance also on order
Model x plaid maybe Iíll order too
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:11 AM   #1238
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
12118
Rep
17,434
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
well the deed is done!!

sold my 428 and ordered a low mile pre owned Model 3 Performance from Tesla at an amazing price....

I have never even driven the Performance model, but did test drive the long range version and was blown away by how fast that thing was...
so I can't imagine how fast the M3P is gonna feel

I can not wait for my delivery date some time early next week!!!
Dude, seriously fed the Troll
__________________
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:37 PM   #1239
SoCal_NSX
Major
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
1893
Rep
1,130
Posts

Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Temecula, Ca

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Youíre going to love it!!!

Btw car wow has a video of a long range vs performance and the performance is def faster off the line but when they did roll races the long range pulled on the performance lol

I was surprised although I donít think he stated SOC for the cars.


I know the long range can run 12.1-12.2 with AB but some people have done it without. The performance runs the same time as stock g8x cars lmaoooo
Yeah, I can't wait!

The M3P is about a full second faster than the M3LR in 0-60 and 1/4 mile so I cant imagine how fast it is going to feel and a full two seconds faster than the 428i it is replacing ...

There are very very few cars on the road that will beat it in 0-60 and off the line
and I was very impressed at how well they handle also ...dollar for dollar it is incomparable for its speed, handling and tech.

It will be very interesting to compare it to my 718 on some near by canyons.
Imho, people who hate on these cars have obviously never driven one or maybe only driven a much slower version like the standard range trim...I am a huge car enthusiast who can appreciate the fun factor of the driving experience without bias and will enjoy the shit out of this car
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:28 PM   #1240
Patton250
Lieutenant Colonel
Patton250's Avatar
United_States
1988
Rep
1,735
Posts

Drives: BMW X3,G80
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

I’m 52 years old and all I can hear is my mother’s voice saying “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all”. But then I feel like I’m in the twilight zone when I read posts like the one above. Then I freak out and I hear my mothers quote again. Lol. Then I wonder what forum on. And I freak out and remember my mothers quote again. The world has gone crazy.

I ask everyone this question though. Isn’t part of being a car enthusiast actually enjoying what your vehicle looks like? I mean look at all the people throwing a temper tantrum about the front of the G80. What the hell is that compared to the way entire Teslas look? I don’t care if it could do the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs. They ugly. How is there enthusiasm in that? I think I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST