New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

10-23-2015, 09:13 AM   #397
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Both got sacked equal amount we are pretty bad.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 09:50 AM   #398
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

You would think the defense would be an issue. It was a hard game to watch.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 05:23 PM   #399
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Not sure if you can really call it Niner Football. More like Niner run around on a field and look pathetic.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 05:26 PM   #400
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

It's sad to see my Niners in this state. They're easily one of the worst teams in the NFL. What's ever more sad is that things will get worse before they get better. A proper house cleaning is in order starting with ownership.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 08:05 PM   #401
Agent-GHQ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW ///M3 E92 MT Comp Pkg

Now ranks the lowest in yardage in the league! I don't know what's more painful to watch: last night game or the 2012 SB!?!? Just make this a 2-14 record and hope for good draft and fire all the coaches. 9 punts and only one 3rd down conversion is not a good sign.

I think it all went down hill on the first possession on 3rd down and Reggie Bush dropped the ball out on the flat. That should have been caught and easily taken up the field for a 1st down.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 09:23 PM   #402
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
Now ranks the lowest in yardage in the league! I don't know what's more painful to watch: last night game or the 2012 SB!?!? Just make this a 2-14 record and hope for good draft and fire all the coaches. 9 punts and only one 3rd down conversion is not a good sign.

I think it all went down hill on the first possession on 3rd down and Reggie Bush dropped the ball out on the flat. That should have been caught and easily taken up the field for a 1st down.
I'm typically of the mind that if you touch the ball you should've caught it but that pass to Bush wasn't even on target. It's wild to me how inconsistent Kaepernick's accuracy is. At times he can drop it in a bucket from 45 yards away and other times he can't even hit a receiver on a 4 yard slant. Unbelievable!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 08:03 PM   #403
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

What bothers me most is they way ownership (the York) have operated. They are extremely passive aggressive (faux apology tweet after last year's Thanksgiving game to slam Harbaugh). They also set up scapegoats to protect themselves in case things don't work out (Kaepernick). Kaepernick is in a funk, but surrounded by the right team, can be effective. Now all these "stories" and "rumors" are leaking about dissent in the locker room, love triangles, and a "loner" personality.

You watch. The season will continue to go down in flames and all the blame will fall on Kaepernick. Ownership will talk about a talented roster that is only a "capable" QB away from competing for titles.

Never mind the other facts:
1- Jed York's failure in keeping a decent working relationship with Harbaugh and front office.
2- Jed York surrounding himself with similarly minded people who don't stand up to him or tell him when he is making a mistake.
3- Baalke's awful offensive player drafting. Here are the failed early round offensive picks (McDonald, Jenkins, James, and so far Martin and Thomas) Only Carlos Hyde looks promising.
4- Decision to hire a D line coach from inside the organization to Head Coach. For those counting 2 out of the 4 most recent coaches came from within the organization. This would be good if the team had been doing well over the last 10 years. And don't say Tomsula came from Harbaugh's staff because he was a holdover from the Nolan/Singletary years. So even when they had a chance to hire a proven coach from within like Vic Fangio, they didn't.
5- Putting together the worst offensive line in football. Not all within Baalke's power but Martin, Thomas, and Looney have all failed to offer any help.
6- Slow injury/no recovery - Bowman, Kilgore, Lattimore, Hunter, and Thomas have all come back either worse or haven't played at all since their injuries.
7- No back up RB for Hyde. You can't go into the season with Reggie Bush as your only capable backup.

I hope Kaepernick can turn it around and play decently, but it's unlikely. What I don't want to see is 49er fans acting like he is the reason this team now sucks. The stench is coming from the top.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 09:22 PM   #404
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

^ kaep is not that great a qb though. No matter how you slice it he is an average qb.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 09:24 PM   #405
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Think hawks may have worst o line
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 10:20 PM   #406
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
^ kaep is not that great a qb though. No matter how you slice it he is an average qb.
I agree that he isn't great. I just wanted to point out that blaming the whole season on him is exactly what the Yorks want the fan base to do. They have overseen some of the worst football in NFL history and only the Harbaugh years were successful.
Watch if we beat the likes of the Bears, Browns, and Lions they somehow try and make it look like the team is on the rise and poised for a strong run next year.
As far as I'm concerned the curtain has been pulled back and the wizard is a fraud. York must make the correct moves going forward before I lay the blame all on players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Maybe, but Pro football focus has the 49ers C/RG/RT each as one of the worst 2-3 in all the NFL (starters).

In an ideal world Davis would not have retired and Kilgore would have been ready to start the season. Then the line could have been Staley/Pears/Kilgore/Boone/Davis

That line could have gotten the job done.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 10:21 PM   #407
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib
Quote:
I agree that he isn't great. I just wanted to point out that blaming the whole season on him is exactly what the Yorks want the fan base to do. They have overseen some of the worst football in NFL history and only the Harbaugh years were successful.
Watch if we beat the likes of the Bears, Browns, and Lions they somehow try and make it look like the team is on the rise and poised for a strong run next year.
As far as I'm concerned the curtain has been pulled back and the wizard is a fraud. York must make the correct moves going forward before I lay the blame all on players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Maybe, but Pro football focus has the 49ers C/RG/RT each as one of the worst 2-3 in all the NFL (starters).

In an ideal world Davis would not have retired and Kilgore would have been ready to start the season. Then the line could have been Staley/Pears/Kilgore/Boone/Davis

That line could have gotten the job done.
Yeah it was shitty for about 10 years until Harbaugh. I do hope they do better in the coming years.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 10:39 PM   #408
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah it was shitty for about 10 years until Harbaugh. I do hope they do better in the coming years.
These next 5 years will be telling. If all he spouts are buzz words and double talk sprinkled with backstabbing media leaks, then we will be in for a long and painful ride.

Jed York has done some good things
1- Hired Harbaugh
2- Built a stadium
3- Handled the Crabtree holdout

I would really love it if he hired a team president to handle the day to day operations.
Someone like Bill Polian who knows how to build a successful franchise and is secure enough to tell Jed when he is wrong.

That one move would fix the rest of this mess.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 10:40 PM   #409
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Since I don't live anywhere near the Bay area, what do the fans think about Jed York and what the 49ers have done recently?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 10:40 PM   #410
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
These next 5 years will be telling. If all he spouts are buzz words and double talk sprinkled with backstabbing media leaks, then we will be in for a long and painful ride.

Jed York has done some good things
1- Hired Harbaugh
2- Built a stadium
3- Handled the Crabtree holdout

I would really love it if he hired a team president to handle the day to day operations.
Someone like Bill Polian who knows how to build a successful franchise and is secure enough to tell Jed when he is wrong.

That one move would fix the rest of this mess.
Polian would be awesome. Loved him during his tenure with Colts.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 10:41 PM   #411
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Since I don't live anywhere near the Bay area, what do the fans think about Jed York and what the 49ers have done recently?
People hate York. I have friends who are Niners fans and they have getting fed up. All the stupid moves they have done are getting to the fans.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 11:22 PM   #412
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Polian would be awesome. Loved him during his tenure with Colts.
He was also with the Bills during their heyday (86-92) and the Panthers when they made the NFC championship (95-97).

I just have no faith that York has hit bottom yet. He probably still thinks he is on the right path and others are at fault.

I wish Eddie D. could buy the team back.

The older I get the more I realize that ownership is the driving force to success. If you look at the franchises in any sport that have enjoyed sustained and consistent success, ownership usually knew how to set up the organization and get out of the way.
I always think of the Yankees under George Steinbrenner. He had a rough go of it until he finally let the baseball people make most of the decisions and you had a huge run of success in the mid 90's until 2010.

I'm hoping Jed doesn't take this long to figure it out.

Last edited by OneRib; 10-29-2015 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2015, 02:46 PM   #413
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
You watch. The season will continue to go down in flames and all the blame will fall on Kaepernick. Ownership will talk about a talented roster that is only a "capable" QB away from competing for titles.

<snip>

I hope Kaepernick can turn it around and play decently, but it's unlikely. What I don't want to see is 49er fans acting like he is the reason this team now sucks. The stench is coming from the top.
I don't think ALL the blame should fall on Kap and do agree that management is the main reason the Niners have gotten so bad.

However, I have never believed that Kap was a suitable successor to Montana and Young; neither was Smith. I thought that Harbaugh switched to him too abruptly (the disrespect to Smith aside) and that he did not have the experience and/or ability to properly lead the team. I believe that this has largely proven to be true. So, I'd add a new QB (if one can be found) to the list of things that the Niners need in order to re-group and become a winning team again.

That said, QB is probably NOT the place to start. They should start by get a better coach and coaching staff and then recruit newer/better players on both sides of the line. If Kap still can't perform with such changes, then he needs to be changed too. The Niners now remind me of the Christensen/Dick Nolan teams of the 1963-1975 and the Marriucci/Erickson/Mike Nolan Singletary/Tomsula led teams from 1997-2010. Unfortunately, I think we are in store for another 12 year era of losing teams while trying out new coaches as has occurred in the past.

Tomsula has never been considered head coach quality; he's only been a fill-in until someone better could be found. So, the new era of losing teams starts w/him and hopefully it won't take too long to find another coach who can turn the team around.

We'll see . . .
      10-30-2015, 04:43 PM   #414
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSW
Quote:

<snip>

I don't think ALL the blame should fall on Kap and do agree that management is the main reason the Niners have gotten so bad.

However, I have never believed that Kap was a suitable successor to Montana and Young; neither was Smith. I thought that Harbaugh switched to him too abruptly (the disrespect to Smith aside) and that he did not have the experience and/or ability to properly lead the team. I believe that this has largely proven to be true. So, I'd add a new QB (if one can be found) to the list of things that the Niners need in order to re-group and become a winning team again.

That said, QB is probably NOT the place to start. They should start by get a better coach and coaching staff and then recruit newer/better players on both sides of the line. If Kap still can't perform with such changes, then he needs to be changed too. The Niners now remind me of the Christensen/Dick Nolan teams of the 1963-1975 and the Marriucci/Erickson/Mike Nolan Singletary/Tomsula led teams from 1997-2010. Unfortunately, I think we are in store for another 12 year era of losing teams while trying out new coaches as has occurred in the past.

Tomsula has never been considered head coach quality; he's only been a fill-in until someone better could be found. So, the new era of losing teams starts w/him and hopefully it won't take too long to find another coach who can turn the team around.

We'll see . . .
Agree with pretty much everything you said except I agree with the qb switch. They almost won the super bowl so I can't question that decision. What is frustrating to me is that with the right move in the front office, the niners could be respectable very soon (2 years). I can live with Kaepernick for another year but they need to either draft or bring in legitimate qb competition. Can't spend another year in limbo.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 07:43 PM   #415
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Is the season over yet?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 09:14 PM   #416
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Is the season over yet?
Bring in rgIII. I'm ready.
      11-04-2015, 12:36 AM   #417
crimson49er
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black '08 E90 M3

this season has been one huge dumpster fire. it's hard to believe how far my Niners have fallen in such a short period of time. Just when you think you've hit rock bottom, we find a way to make it worse.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 12:49 AM   #418
marksae
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M

The worst part about all this crap is that there's no hope in sight. *sigh*

IG: @gearheadtwins
Appreciate 0