New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

09-28-2022, 08:54 AM   #485
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
He’s played great but against lousy D and they have an easy schedule this season so they should coast to the playoffs. .
LOL D is fine, they were without 4 starters. Jamin Davis starting to bust out. I'll regrade them once FULLY healthy and Chase is back.
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos

Last edited by EDWYER; 09-28-2022 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 09:44 AM   #486
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWYER View Post
LOL D is fine, they were without 4 starters. Jamin Davis starting to bust out. I'll regrade them once FULLY healthy and Chase is back.
Pipe down with your team. We’ll both be in the cellar and looking for QB’s in the draft lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 01:29 PM   #487
Nisfro98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mazda3

Looking for some fantasy trade advice. 12 man h2h ppr league. Dude is looking to upgrade TE and I could use some better WRs. He wants kelce. I'm ok with rolling IrvSmith if I get solid WRs in return. Taking Irv I'd want to offload Thielen. I dont want 3 vikings. So I'm thinking kelce + thielen for Irv + ? + ? I'd want at least 2 WR for this deal. Maybe even 3. Or should I just roll with what I have?

My roster:
QB
K. Cousins
M. Ryan
RB
C. McCaffrey
S. Barkley
E. Elliott
J. Williams
D. Harris
WR
A. Thielen
C. Godwin
H. Renfrow
N. Agholor
R. Anderson
TE
T. Kelce
D. Knox

Dudes roster:
QB
J. Hurts
RB
A. Kamara
A. Jones
D. Pierce
T. Pollard
A. Mattinson
WR
AJ. Brown
M. Williams
G. Davis
D. Hopkins
D. London
B. Aiyuk
TE
I. Smith
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 09:08 PM   #488
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

Not surprised w Giants last night but its a bummer. No O Line No pass rush = no win
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 09:40 PM   #489
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
Not surprised w Giants last night but its a bummer. No O Line No pass rush = no win
Are you down with the idea of trading Barkley? Something they should seriously consider as this team isn’t ready to win anytime soon, he’ll be on the decline shortly as RB’s have a very short shelf life and he can maybe get us a 3rd rounder:

Bills, Chiefs, Packers, Bengals, Ravens, Miami and Jax could use him. Remember, it’s contract year and I don’t think they want to fork over a big contract to an aging RB.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 10:57 PM   #490
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
Are you down with the idea of trading Barkley? Something they should seriously consider as this team isn’t ready to win anytime soon, he’ll be on the decline shortly as RB’s have a very short shelf life and he can maybe get us a 3rd rounder:

Bills, Chiefs, Packers, Bengals, Ravens, Miami and Jax could use him. Remember, it’s contract year and I don’t think they want to fork over a big contract to an aging RB.
Agree its a good time to trade Barkley but Packers certainly don't need him....have 2 very good running backs. Now a good WR.....oh yeah.
Appreciate 1
Bongoxxx804.00
      09-29-2022, 08:14 AM   #491
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Jones is honestly the least of your issues. Jones was the only guy giving you any yards outside of Barkley's 1 run. When you get pressured or sacked on over 75% of your drop backs, thats on the coach, GM and OLine. If Jones wasnt as athletic as he is, hes sacked 10+ times.

That last pick wasnt on him either. Stills fell as hes throwing it, and Diggs does Diggs things.

I'm not saying hes great, hes the 3rd best QB in the division behind Dak and Rush, but any QB is going to struggle when you have a turnstile OL. When Parsons is getting triple teamed, and puts 2/3 of the blockers on their back, that is an issue.
LMAO you have Hurts as #4 ??? what sport are you watching ???
      09-29-2022, 08:20 AM   #492
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
Agree its a good time to trade Barkley but Packers certainly don't need him....have 2 very good running backs. Now a good WR.....oh yeah.
Barkley would be their best WR option out of the backfield lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikado463 View Post
Give the man a pass. His team has only 3 playoffs victories since 1997 so he’s allowed to goof here and there.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 12:21 PM   #493
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikado463 View Post
i mean, if you cant find the sarcasm there where i had cooper rush as the 2nd best qb...

as for Jalen, hes put together a couple good games now, against pretty weak teams. he had some great games last year too, but he wasnt able to do it consistently. Lets see what happens once they start to play some real competition. It wouldnt be the 1st time someone was an "MVP" candidate a few games in against some poor defenses.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 12:31 PM   #494
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Burrow has a terrible OL, Herbert has a terrible OL, Josh Allen had a terrible OL, other teams in recent seasons have had more drops than the Giants and those teams have QB’s who know how to get the job done. No more excuses but the current Giants coaching staff know that Daniel Jones isn’t the answer. Again, I’m sure he’s a guy you would want your daughter to date/marry and he’s a gifted athlete. I even said the other day that he can throw the ball/run with any QB in the NFL. He’s biggest flaw is his in game decisions in the pocket when it collapses. He doesn’t scan the field for other open receivers. Unless all of a sudden a switch is turned on and he guides the Giants to the playoffs and has a great season, then I’ll think differently. Until then, I’m done with him and they can trade Barks too to a contender for a pick in the 2023 draft.

The Giants IMHO got the right GM and the right coach for once in a long time and I’m patient enough for a proper rebuild. Not many fans can say their teams won multiple championships the past 15 seasons:

Patriots
Steelers
Giants

Giants should be able to beat the Bears and then get smoked in London by the Packers. Tyrod Taylor should get a crack soon and I’m not expecting him to light it up, just something different.
I definitely dont think hes right for the Giants in the future. you guys have no cap, need to completely blow up the roster and paying him, as well as barkley, would be counter productive.

but the thing those other qbs you listed with bad olines have that jones doesnt, is good, productive receiving groups. The Giants have made some terrible FA moves and havent been able to draft for shit the last decade. Jones could do well with a different team that has some more talent on it. A wr group with Golladay, Shepard, Toney and Stills is not a great group for a young QB

As for trading barkley, i dont think there is much of a trade market for him. Any team that trades for him has to give him a contract, or its a waste of a pick. Your best option is to let him hit FA and hope he signs one of those inflated FA contracts so you can get a comp 3rd/4th pick.

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 03:34 PM   #495
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I definitely dont think hes right for the Giants in the future. you guys have no cap, need to completely blow up the roster and paying him, as well as barkley, would be counter productive.

but the thing those other qbs you listed with bad olines have that jones doesnt, is good, productive receiving groups. The Giants have made some terrible FA moves and havent been able to draft for shit the last decade. Jones could do well with a different team that has some more talent on it. A wr group with Golladay, Shepard, Toney and Stills is not a great group for a young QB

As for trading barkley, i dont think there is much of a trade market for him. Any team that trades for him has to give him a contract, or its a waste of a pick. Your best option is to let him hit FA and hope he signs one of those inflated FA contracts so you can get a comp 3rd/4th pick.

Giants will have $80M of cap space next season so they’ll have plenty of cap space and a team will gladly pry Barkley away from the Meadowlands. Also, a good QB makes great receivers, not the other way around. Jones will be a backup for another team next season so I’m eager to see what Daboll has up his sleeve. Tyrod Taylor should start once they’ve fallen out of the division.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 04:28 PM   #496
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

Quote:

I have mixed emotions about Barkley. Every team needs high end talent to win and we have very few high end players for now. Their cap space improves next year and year after will be amongst best in the league. I am not sure what I would do, maybe try and get him on a two year extension. he doesnt have a lot of tread on his tires.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 04:59 PM   #497
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Giants will have $80M of cap space next season so they’ll have plenty of cap space and a team will gladly pry Barkley away from the Meadowlands. Also, a good QB makes great receivers, not the other way around. Jones will be a backup for another team next season so I’m eager to see what Daboll has up his sleeve. Tyrod Taylor should start once they’ve fallen out of the division.
I mean, look at all the young QBs that are considered good/great. They have at least 1 top wr. Not every QB is Tom Brady that can take any guy off the street and win with them. Thats why all these teams with young qbs went crazy with WRs this last offseason.

Burrow - Chase, Higgins, Boyd
Herbert - Williams, Allen
Allen - Diggs
Hurts (for those that think hes an MVP candidate) - Brown, Smith
Tua - Hill, Waddle
Mahomes - Hill, Kelce

Now look at the young qbs who have been below average and who their wrs are.
Jones - Golladay, Toney, Shepard
Fields - Who fucking knows
Zach Wilson - no one
Darnold - had no one
Trevor Lawrence - Last season, no one. This season doing better after getting better wrs.

Those first few years in the NFL, most every QB needs some top level talent catching the ball. Every now and then there is an exception, but its few and far between.

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 05:46 PM   #498
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
I have mixed emotions about Barkley. Every team needs high end talent to win and we have very few high end players for now. Their cap space improves next year and year after will be amongst best in the league. I am not sure what I would do, maybe try and get him on a two year extension. he doesnt have a lot of tread on his tires.
Look at Zeke on the Cowboys who is already washed up. Barkley will mirror Zeke in 2 more season so it’s best that we sell high. The Giants have absolutely no talent at WR except MAYBE that rookie Robinson who hasn’t played yet and IIRC is already ruled out against the Bears.

Quote:
I mean, look at all the young QBs that are considered good/great. They have at least 1 top wr. Not every QB is Tom Brady that can take any guy off the street and win with them. Thats why all these teams with young qbs went crazy with WRs this last offseason.

Burrow - Chase, Higgins, Boyd
Herbert - Williams, Allen
Allen - Diggs
Hurts (for those that think hes an MVP candidate) - Brown, Smith
Tua - Hill, Waddle
Mahomes - Hill, Kelce

Now look at the young qbs who have been below average and who their wrs are.
Jones - Golladay, Toney, Shepard
Fields - Who fucking knows
Zach Wilson - no one
Darnold - had no one
Trevor Lawrence - Last season, no one. This season doing better after getting better wrs.

Those first few years in the NFL, most every QB needs some top level talent catching the ball. Every now and then there is an exception, but its few and far between.
Correct as the Giants have zero talent at that position. But this is year 4 for Jones and he has regressed since his rookie season, therefore, I’m ready to turn the page. The one thing he has improved is not fumble the ball but his inability to not read defenses is the reason why he would be a serviceable backup for years to come.

Herbert, he can do it
Burrow, he can do it
Allen, he can do it
Mahomes, he can do it
Rogers, he can do it

Jones, he doesn’t have it and when Daboll and Schoen are behind closed doors they already know Jones isn’t the answer. They’ve simplified the playbook to make it easy and they STILL have trouble scoring.

So, tonights game, I predict the Bengals will come out on top as I don’t think Tua is 100% no matter what he says. However, if the fins win, I won’t be surprised but my pick is on the Bengals.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 08:11 PM   #499
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

This Thursday night game on Prime is pretty good thus far.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 08:35 PM   #500
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Wow... That was some bullshit how that lineman slammed Tua on his head. Hoping that young man is okay because he didn't look okay being carted off.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 08:58 PM   #501
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Holy shit, prayers up for Tua. Second Impact Syndrome is no joke - hope he gets thru this.
      09-29-2022, 09:12 PM   #502
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
This guy has bad luck but hoping it’s not serious. Hoping he recovers quickly.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 09:22 PM   #503
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Wow... That was some bullshit how that lineman slammed Tua on his head. Hoping that young man is okay because he didn't look okay being carted off.
It was a legal tackle, but a gross size mismatch. That said, he never should have gone back in the BUF game or this one. Hoping all the best.

09-30-2022, 09:21 AM   #504
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
wut

That was a perfectly legal hit and nothing dirty about it at all. Those types of tackles happen every single game.

Appreciate 1
      09-30-2022, 11:02 AM   #505
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
wut

That was a perfectly legal hit and nothing dirty about it at all. Those types of tackles happen every single game.
Didn't say shit about "dirty". Dude knows he's 2 or 3 times bigger. He could have tackled him other than a back of the head body slam.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 12:49 PM   #506
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Didn't say shit about "dirty". Dude knows he's 2 or 3 times bigger. He could have tackled him other than a back of the head body slam.
Tua was rolling out at full speed and was trying to play through the impact. The defender's job is to stop him. No one is thinking about how hard they should or shouldn't hit. It was actually a well-formed tackle the way he wrapped Tua up at the waist. The momentum went into a gator roll and flipped him like a rag doll. I doubt it was remotely malicious. It is too fast to think.

Unfortunately it was 6'1" 217lbs vs 6'3" 345.

Here is some perspective on the mismatch: If you are in the neighborhood of 175 lbs like me, that defender is without exaggeration, twice your size. And he has 150lbs on Tua.

Last edited by CarsAndGuitars; 09-30-2022 at 01:22 PM..
Appreciate 0