New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-26-2018, 08:24 AM   #903
Thelanjaron
Registered
4
Rep
0
Posts

Drives: BMW X5
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Marbella

iTrader: (0)

4 years ago I was into crypto currency when it was just becoming popular and was curious to see. But nowadays I invest my money into property market. Lately I decided to buy flat in Athens and to rent it out through Arbnb or similar websites, will bring me more money and it's more stable.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 03:59 PM   #904
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
Poiseuille's Avatar
United_States
4843
Rep
3,620
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Princeton

iTrader: (0)

as a youngster, I never enjoyed musical chairs either.
this is a few minutes before market close, 11/26/18.
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 07:03 AM   #905
P1
Major General
P1's Avatar
United_States
8363
Rep
9,887
Posts

Drives: Cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Round and round she goes, where she stops, nobody knows...
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille4842.50
      12-06-2018, 10:21 PM   #906
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
10509
Rep
8,340
Posts

Drives: F80. Former G82, x2 F82.
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jacked out of my mind

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
mETH heads getting absolutely crushed, it's in freefall now.

Much of this space was built on fraud, and the ICOs had a big part in that. Since mETH was a big proponent in this fraud, the capitulation continues. I wouldn't surprised if we saw a 95% drop from the highs.
For once in my life I was right about something, I saved a ton of money and I hope many of you did as well.

New prediction, we're going even lower. WAY lower. I'm talking BTC sub $1k and mETH sub $10.

What a difference a year makes!
Appreciate 2
Poiseuille4842.50
P18362.50
      12-06-2018, 10:55 PM   #907
P1
Major General
P1's Avatar
United_States
8363
Rep
9,887
Posts

Drives: Cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
For once in my life I was right about something, I saved a ton of money and I hope many of you did as well.

New prediction, we're going even lower. WAY lower. I'm talking BTC sub $1k and mETH sub $10.

What a difference a year makes!
How long til we hit $1K you think?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 11:14 PM   #908
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
10509
Rep
8,340
Posts

Drives: F80. Former G82, x2 F82.
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jacked out of my mind

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
How long til we hit $1K you think?
Man, I don't know. A whole lot of things seems to be going on around the world in all financial markets. In regards to BTC we haven't even seen the fallout from the whole Tether scam yet. Once that goes, I think BTC just falls the though the floor and takes everything with it. I still think there's a lot of capitulation left in Crypto even without Tether being exposed for the scam it is.

I got tired of being wrong about a financial collapse from 2008 to around 2015 when I just gave up, but things are sure starting to feel like early 2007 all over again.

We shall see, all we can do is hope for the best. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 12:24 AM   #909
BayMoWe335
Colonel
1040
Rep
2,100
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datka View Post
Any type of trading is some form of gambling because it requires making predictions regarding probability.
The difference with trading digital assets like BTC is that there is some potential inherent value of BTC that may be undervalued or overvalued at any given time.
Gambling is different. There is no inherent value to a poker hand. Instead, you are betting on the probabilistic outcome of a specific repeatable set of outcomes
I’d argue there is more value to a poker hand than Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is worthless in the end. At least you have a chance of winning with Poker.

You hold Bitcoin, it’s going to $0 or very near it.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 03:42 PM   #910
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
Poiseuille's Avatar
United_States
4843
Rep
3,620
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Princeton

iTrader: (0)

....for some reason I keep seeing Ross Perot flapping his arms and going on about some "big sucking sound"....as globalism takes another blow==>
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 02:19 PM   #911
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
PoorLurker's Avatar
No_Country
1129
Rep
675
Posts

Drives: a bicycle
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Haters see red
HOLDrs see buying opportunities
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 04:26 PM   #912
BayMoWe335
Colonel
1040
Rep
2,100
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Haters see red
HOLDrs see buying opportunities
Why would you buy it here?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 05:58 PM   #913
P1
Major General
P1's Avatar
United_States
8363
Rep
9,887
Posts

Drives: Cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Why would you buy it here?
Golden rule: buy low, sell high. Imagine buying at $3,500 and selling at $333,000. Buy ten BTCs today and you’ll be sitting on $3.3M in two years. Not a bad return, right?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 07:13 PM   #914
jimbobiggens
Lieutenant
jimbobiggens's Avatar
United_States
818
Rep
429
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: jackson tn

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
What to make of this?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/nasda...says-bloomberg

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
__________________
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 08:07 PM   #915
BayMoWe335
Colonel
1040
Rep
2,100
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Golden rule: buy low, sell high. Imagine buying at $3,500 and selling at $333,000. Buy ten BTCs today and you’ll be sitting on $3.3M in two years. Not a bad return, right?
And imagine if I could teleport anywhere in the universe.

Saying it doesn’t make it true. Why sell at $333,000? Why not sell at $3M or $3B? Then you’d have billions in 2 years, lol. I like how you just gave it a price of $333,000 like it’s happening.

Imagine buying 10 coins at $3,500 and it being worth $0 in 2 years? Then you’ve lost $35,000.

There is literally nothing underneath Bitcoin to justify higher prices besides excitement. No earnings. No assets. It’s an unproductive asset and when the excitement is gone, the price goes to zero, period. Even gold has some value because it can be used in manufacturing.

“Buy low sell high” is a term for stocks that have businesses behind them with earning power, assets, and cash.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 08:47 PM   #916
P1
Major General
P1's Avatar
United_States
8363
Rep
9,887
Posts

Drives: Cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
And imagine if I could teleport anywhere in the universe.

Saying it doesn’t make it true. Why sell at $333,000? Why not sell at $3M or $3B? Then you’d have billions in 2 years, lol. I like how you just gave it a price of $333,000 like it’s happening.

Imagine buying 10 coins at $3,500 and it being worth $0 in 2 years? Then you’ve lost $35,000.

There is literally nothing underneath Bitcoin to justify higher prices besides excitement. No earnings. No assets. It’s an unproductive asset and when the excitement is gone, the price goes to zero, period. Even gold has some value because it can be used in manufacturing.

“Buy low sell high” is a term for stocks that have businesses behind them with earning power, assets, and cash.
I should have mentioned I was being 100% sarcastic. I actually found the $333K number from this silly article:

https://ambcrypto.com/bitcoin-btc-co...019-bobby-lee/
Appreciate 3
BayMoWe3351039.50
Poiseuille4842.50
upstatedoc6768.00
      12-08-2018, 10:54 PM   #917
BayMoWe335
Colonel
1040
Rep
2,100
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I should have mentioned I was being 100% sarcastic. I actually found the $333K number from this silly article:

https://ambcrypto.com/bitcoin-btc-co...019-bobby-lee/
Good to hear logic still prevails at times.
Appreciate 1
P18362.50
      12-11-2018, 10:55 PM   #918
F30dud
Second Lieutenant
F30dud's Avatar
83
Rep
211
Posts

Drives: 18 340 msport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: cali

iTrader: (0)

lol -- meanwhile.. lets not forget how many kids became millionaires out of stupidity..by holding to a coin what was once worth 1c, $1, $10, $1000, etc.

if you gonna sit there and bash every time, i think you just mad u missed out on opportunity.

i kinda see 2700-3000 in play near time. There are massive orders pilling up at under 3k. What do you think it happens once those massive order happen..?

Remember we went from 2k-20k in a matter of days. This is crypto and anything is possible. But it will be $0 makes no sense.

Technical analysis...will show its not possible to hit $0.

binance is child play. When it comes to making big money that shit happens on Bitmex, Bitfinex, those exchanges that offer leverage.

Millions of dollars are being liquidated..

Last edited by F30dud; 12-11-2018 at 11:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 11:05 PM   #919
Delta0311
Banned
7438
Rep
10,129
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30dud View Post
lol -- meanwhile.. lets not forget how many kids became millionaires out of stupidity..by holding to a coin what was once worth 1c, $1, $10, $1000, etc.

if you gonna sit there and bash every time, i think you just mad u missed out on opportunity.

i kinda see 2700-3000 in play near time. There are massive orders pilling up at under 3k. What do you think it happens once those massive order happen..?

Remember we went from 2k-20k in a matter of days. This is crypto and anything is possible. But it will be $0 makes no sense.

Technical analysis...will show its not possible to hit $0.

binance is child play. When it comes to making big money that shit happens on Bitmex, Bitfinex, those exchanges that offer leverage.

Millions of dollars are being liquidated..
Nothing new here man. People always talks so much shit during a bear market and talk about buying Ferraris during a bull run. Crypto is in the dumps right now but it will recover. Just have to sit out the storm.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 11:34 PM   #920
Frozen
Captain
Frozen's Avatar
United_States
515
Rep
828
Posts

Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Nothing new here man. People always talks so much shit during a bear market and talk about buying Ferraris during a bull run. Crypto is in the dumps right now but it will recover. Just have to sit out the storm.
Crypto has gone through many cycles just like this one and yes it will most likely recover like it always has yet NickyC thinks he's got it all figured out, lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 08:07 PM   #921
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
Poiseuille's Avatar
United_States
4843
Rep
3,620
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Princeton

iTrader: (0)

this thread needs a theme-tune.....let's poll the audience for suggestions. I vote for "Don't Worry, Be Happy".
Appreciate 2
P18362.50
upstatedoc6768.00
      12-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #922
Frozen
Captain
Frozen's Avatar
United_States
515
Rep
828
Posts

Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

I have a friend who bought ICX for 70 cents or so around ICO and sold at around 12.00. He made millions and never has to work again. This guy is late 20s.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #923
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
7946
Rep
1,896
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90m305 View Post
I have a friend who bought ICX for 70 cents or so around ICO and sold at around 12.00. He made millions and never has to work again. This guy is late 20s.
Really. You want us to believe this "friend" bought a few hundred thousand dollars worth of ICX on ICO date...mmmkay.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Joe's mind and vocabulary are much like being served something that you don't want to swallow on a 24k gold platter.....with 5 star service.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 01:18 PM   #924
F30dud
Second Lieutenant
F30dud's Avatar
83
Rep
211
Posts

Drives: 18 340 msport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Really. You want us to believe this "friend" bought a few hundred thousand dollars worth of ICX on ICO date...mmmkay.
Jesus, whats so hard to believe? wtf you people need receipts for everything?

Wish i was more educated on this in 2006 when i graduated HS. I woulda been insanely rich by now, i had 20k in my savings in 2009, and coulda put in 5k to make hundreds of millions when BTC was cents...

Let that sink in, people put in 1-3k in 2010 before it took off, and got millions out of it..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST