New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

02-02-2021, 08:43 AM   #23
spyfish007
Getting older, but I still love awesome fast cars!
Rep
Drives: 2017 X6M & 2016 Z4 sDrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDigito View Post
I normally put ~18k miles per year on my 550, mostly commuting to work and chauvering the kids around town.

I was lucky to find this individual Z4 last year in Jan. The top is glacier silver metallic. I looked for a while for this combination.
Wow 26k miles a year. I put 12k on the M550i before the Z4 and before Covid-19. I suspect I will only put 7k on the M550i now as my driving has reduced since Covid. My wife does most of the shuttling of the kids.

I think you found a unicorn with the grey car and the silver top. And to think I was unicorn hunting..... Anyway nice car and color combo.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 02:37 PM   #24
SoDigito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16%E2%80%99 X6 / 10%E2%80%99 5

Thanks. To be clear I have not driven 18k on my 550 in the past year. I have put about 2k miles since last March. I choose the Z4 whenever possible. It is so much fun to drive. Such a great value as a CPO. A comparable Boxster S would have cost me 50% more. Yes, I did look.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 09:46 PM   #25
watsonwild
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Wow, love that color. I just purchased a 2011 Z4 35i, mt, that I love, except the color (Titanium Silver). Wish I could have snagged that blue!
      02-08-2021, 06:57 PM   #26
spyfish007
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsonwild View Post
Wow, love that color. I just purchased a 2011 Z4 35i, mt, that I love, except the color (Titanium Silver). Wish I could have snagged that blue!
Well MT are rare so you have to give elsewhere right? Got pictures?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 06:42 PM   #27
Z4Fool
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E89 35is VO

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyfish007 View Post
I really like the Valencia Orange color as well. Did you get the Hyper Orange interior too?
No, unfortunately not. It’s only lightly specced. But still love it. I can’t wait for spring!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 10:59 AM   #28
Zyal8r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 E89

Nice but..

The lens you are using for the photos is making the car look shorter in length and higher..
Notice the wheels are oval.
I like silver as well because of the subtle shading and highlights of the lines, but that blue is sharp.
Do you ever get over to the Tail of the Dragon?
Just had mine serviced. Dealer tried to buy it. New one is over 70K
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 09:16 AM   #29
spyfish007
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyal8r View Post
The lens you are using for the photos is making the car look shorter in length and higher..
Notice the wheels are oval.
I like silver as well because of the subtle shading and highlights of the lines, but that blue is sharp.
Do you ever get over to the Tail of the Dragon?
Just had mine serviced. Dealer tried to buy it. New one is over 70K
No fancy lens....just the position I take the photo from. Been doing it for years.

I've not gotten to the Dragon in some time. I've had performance sedans but those are not really setup for the Dragon. This car will go there. I need to connect with an old RX7 friend that is the king.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...eciale-dragon/
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 04:21 PM   #30
Zyal8r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 E89

Nostalgia

Thanks I think I remember that article

Back when the 458 was the fastest thing around I was able to track one. all day several times. My impression was that it was so good and so easy to drive very fast that it did not feel fast, well sort of Don'.t laugh but it inspired me to get the Z, which did a very decent job on the Tail. A local at the overlook said he was following me but could not catch up. He drives there a lot
Personally I will stick to track time whenever possible. The tail is a dangerous place because you cant get enough practice and bikes are coming at you and getting over the double line and even going down..Do it, but know that it is a public road with all sorts of people driving everything from Ducatis to Harley Trikes and new Corvettes. Not a good place to practice.
By the way the Z does feel fast even compared to the 458 which is too fast on a road like this which is more like a fast autocross

Have fun Your car is a keeper!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 04:28 PM   #31
spyfish007
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyal8r View Post
Thanks I think I remember that article

Back when the 458 was the fastest thing around I was able to track one. all day several times. My impression was that it was so good and so easy to drive very fast that it did not feel fast, well sort of Don'.t laugh but it inspired me to get the Z, which did a very decent job on the Tail. A local at the overlook said he was following me but could not catch up. He drives there a lot
Personally I will stick to track time whenever possible. The tail is a dangerous place because you cant get enough practice and bikes are coming at you and getting over the double line and even going down..Do it, but know that it is a public road with all sorts of people driving everything from Ducatis to Harley Trikes and new Corvettes. Not a good place to practice.
By the way the Z does feel fast even compared to the 458 which is too fast on a road like this which is more like a fast autocross

Have fun Your car is a keeper!
Yes the Dragon as I call it is dangerous. Many local junk yards with high these performance vehicles. Many people have died. You really need to know the road (turns and when to go) and your car. I knew my RX-7 very well. I've not learned the Z4 to that level. I have been enjoying the 75-80 degree weather over the last week.

I bet that 458 was fun. I've always liked Ferraris - Porsche not so much. I don't like the Lambos.
Appreciate 0