New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

09-25-2018, 12:24 AM   #1
bryanhoag
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Z4 sDrive 35i 6MT

Running wires for back up camera

Hi all... I'm looking for suggestions regarding running wires for a back up camera. I installed the UniChip Smart Box to add CarPlay functionality to my stock navigation screen. This also includes capability to add a back up camera. I have hooked up a camera to ensure that the feature works (and, to my surprise, it does!). I have made it as far as the trunk with the wires but am unsure the best way to get the wires to come out near the license plate to minimize exposed external wires. I can easily tuck the wires under the floor boards to get to the back of the trunk, but from there I'm not sure what the path of least resistance is.

Any thoughts? I know some back up cameras require getting power from one of the wires from a reverse light. This system does not.
Appreciate 0