New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

09-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #1
gameover000
Registered
Rep
Drives: sDrive 20i

Unhappy Window woes!

( First - couldnt find a generic enough tech forum so apols, feel free to move! )

Hi folks, I hope you can help - totally at a loss here

Someone smashed my drivers window - I sent it away to be fixed but the guy that fitted the new window somehow managed to leave a very small gap at the top, mainly at the rear of the window once up. He does this for a living, and tried 7 times.

A garage I trust took it away in case it was something in the door or the motor - they're confident it's not, yet the issue remains.

It doesn't *seem* to just be a reset issue following the new window as it's not going up then back down or anything odd, it just doesn't go right up - it's also pushed outwards a tad, but that might just be because it doesnt get as far as pushing up into the rubber?

I've suggested it could be the glass - the guy's confident it's not, but next stop unless I can find another plan is to get a new window with a different supplier....then off to the stealership if need be

Any ideas what it could be please guys and gals? Is there a chance the window only gets near the rubber and then detects it (as per a hand) and stops and/or isn't tensioned close enough to the car? It defo sticks out further than the rear quarter glass VS the other side once it's snug up into the rubber.

Thanks in advance - I'm stumped!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 03:20 PM   #2
paris1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 35i Space Grey over Coral

No idea, but a couple of photos might help.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 04:09 PM   #3
gameover000
Registered
Rep
Drives: sDrive 20i

Good shout. I’ll do that once I get the car back tomorrow.
Appreciate 0