New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

11-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i / 2017 VW Golf R

HRE Wheels | Superformance "Future GT Forty" With V6 Ford GT Platform and HRE Wheels

Superformance takes the SEMA Show by storm with the unveil of its “Future GT Forty” GT40 super car - a custom GT40 MKI equipped with a competition-prepped twin-turbo Ford Ecoboost 3.5L V6 with custom MagnaFlow exhaust and more.
LAS VEGAS (October 30, 2018) – Superformance, the leading manufacturer of 1960s-era continuation sports cars, debuted a one-of-a-kind GT40 MKI today in the MagnaFlow booth at the 2018 SEMA Show. This purpose-built supercar pays tribute to the historic success of the Ford GT40, while incorporating design notes and the EcoBoost V6 powerplant from the current Ford GT. The press conference was hosted by TV star Cristy Lee, MagnaFlow’s Rich Waitas, with remarks by vehicle owners Doug and Marissa Campbell.

“The reaction to the ‘Future GT Forty’ has been mind-blowing,” Campbell said. “The idea for this car came to me while watching the 2017 24 Hours of Le Mans - fast forward a year and a half later and we’re debuting it at the SEMA Show.”

The launch of this vehicle celebrates the 50th anniversary of the GT40’s first-place victory at the 1968 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race and pays tribute to the modern Ford GT and its current success in the GT class of the European Le Mans Series. The Superformance GT40 MKI is the highest-quality continuation GT40 available and is the only GT40 Licensed by SAFIR GT40 that carries the original GT40-P-Series numbers. Built to exacting standards, the Superformance GT40 MKI has over two thirds of its steel monocoque chassis’ parts interchangeable with an original GT40 car.

When it came time to turn concept into reality, Superformance turned to the experts at V’s Performance in Orange, California to handle the engine build and installation. The “Future GT Forty” is powered by a 3.5L Ford EcoBoost twin-turbocharged V6 engine. A handmade and state of the art exhaust system was fabricated by the experts at MagnaFlow and the twin turbochargers were provided by Garrett Advancing Motion. HRE Wheels supplied the custom pin drive wheels which are wrapped in Michelin tires. Next, Ridetech provided its Shockwave air suspension to allow for an adjustable ride height. Fuel supply was provided by Aeromotive and HPS supplied the hoses for the vehicle.

Other parts include a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, Dynamat sound insulation, Stitchcraft and Katzkin custom interior touches, DEI heat insulation, Speed Hut Custom gauges and a Quaife 5-speed transaxle. APR Performance fitted the vehicle with aero enhancements in the form of carbon fiber front canards and rear wing. The vehicle was detailed and given a paint correction by the car care experts at Meguiar’s. In addition to supplying the MKI rolling chassis, Superformance and Hillbank Motorsports also painted the current Ford GT livery, added the racing decals and fitted it with modern lighting front and rear.

The “Future GT Forty” is on display through November 2, 2018 at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Nevada in the MagnaFlow booth #23543, located in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. The “Future GT Forty” model is available for order immediately through Superformance. For more information on the “Future GT Forty,” Superformance and its full line of continuation vehicles, visit www.Superformance.com or call (800) 297-6253.

What do you think about Superformance's "Future GT Forty"?
Appreciate 2
      11-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife's car

Garage List
Hmm, no. Maybe hell no.

What's next? A 917 with a turbo 4? A P3 with a diesel?

The new GT really would be 62.7x cooler with the Voodoo instead of the stupid SHO/Raptor motor.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #3
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i / 2017 VW Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Hmm, no. Maybe hell no.

The new GT really would be 62.7x cooler with the Voodoo instead of the stupid SHO/Raptor motor.
9 times out of 10 I would normally agree with you, I'm a big proponent for having a V8 all day every day, but I think in this scenario whether you pick a somewhat unreliable V8 out of a Mustang, or picking a V6 out of a near half million dollar Supercar, you tend to lean towards the Supercar.

To each his own though, and to be honest they do make several iterations of the GT40 just in case you don't like this particular version with this motor, this is just a very special individual example.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2018, 07:11 PM   #4
stbm5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 DG

Quote:
Hmm, no. Maybe hell no.

ignorance. that twin turbo v6 was 3rd, 5th and 8th in the GTE pro class at lemans...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 07:13 PM   #5
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbm5 View Post
Quote:
Hmm, no. Maybe hell no.

ignorance. that twin turbo v6 was 3rd, 5th and 8th in the GTE pro class at lemans...
Fantastic. But the actual GT40 used a V8. And finished a wee bit better than the stupid V6 ones.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 08:29 PM   #6
Grumpy Old Man
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

I'm not a fan of the V6, maybe I'm just old school and think some things should just have a V8......having said that, that car is pretty sweet looking and it's a beast. The wheels are fantastic. I love the knock offs.

I need to figure out what wheels to put on my 993
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 09:40 AM   #7
Alfisti
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3

Wouldn't the engine from the GT350 make a ton of sense?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #8
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Wouldn't the engine from the GT350 make a ton of sense?
Not to stbm5. Apparently losing LeMans is pretty cool.

I'm personally waiting on a retro mod 917 with a 919 hybrid V4.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 08:42 PM   #9
stbm5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 DG

Quote:
Not to stbm5. Apparently losing LeMans is pretty cool.

I'm personally waiting on a retro mod 917 with a 919 hybrid V4.
lol. right. that v6 eco boost is a serious engine. it outperforms the v8 that was in the original.

“We ran the 5.0L Cammer V8 for 12 years,” said John Maddox, Sports Car Engine Program manager for RYRE. “But it no longer has relevance. We wanted Ford to support our program for the Daytona Prototype cars, so we moved forward with this, and [Ford] really liked the idea of EcoBoost being in a professional racing category. We’ve run [unrestricted] dyno tests close to 1,000 hp. When we set the 223-mph speed record at Daytona, the V6 was making 800 hp. And we ran 10 miles at WOT.” They’ve also run more than 14,000 simulated miles at Daytona. But IMSA rules limit the engine to about 600 hp with the use of 33.2mm restrictor plates fitted before each turbo. With such immense power and reliability, Ford realized this was the engine for the next GT supercar.
Appreciate 0