New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

06-24-2018, 10:11 AM   #1
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

***WannabeRacer.com | Norcal/Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - July 30th - Aug 3rd 2018*

WannabeRacer.com

I am doing another trip to Norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrap installs and plasti dip paint jobs between the dates of July 30th - August 3rd 2018. *(There is a slight possibility I may be available on July 28th and 29th as well) *Everything is a first come first serve basis. *People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to Norcal / Bay Area. *Check out my website to see all of the services I offer and you may find some pictures of cars similar to yours that'll give you some ideas for your own car. *Even if you do not see a related type of service, feel free to ask, as I may offer it, but I just don't have it pictured/listed: http://www.wannaberacerwraps.com

To get a quote or reserve an appointment slot, feel free to use either of the following contact methods:
→ Norcal / Bay Area July 2018 - Contact Form

OR

If e-mailing me directly, please use the following format below:

Don@WannabeRacer.com*

Subject title: Norcal Jule/August 2018 Trip
Car type and year:*
Material finish/color (IE gloss black, carbon fiber, etc):
Part(s) you're looking to wrap:

Thanks!
Don@WannabeRacer.com

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 11:38 PM   #2
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black window/mirror trim chrome delete vinyl wrap
- Gloss black door handle chrome delete vinyl wrap
- Tinted / smoked head lights vinyl wrap
- Tinted/ smoked tail lights
- Tinted / smoked fog lights vinyl wrap
- Matte black front grill
- Matte black front / rear emblems
- Matte black lower front bumper bars
- Matte black rear trunk bar
- Rear lower badge delete
- Matte black lower rear bumper reflector vinyl wrap
- Matte black side fender markers

We offered a complete chrome black out package for this black Tesla Model X SUV, getting rid of all of the chrome trim pieces on it and also adding some subtle touches with the tint on the lights all around the car. The before and after of the car was a night and day difference and really gave the Tesla a much sportier aggressive styling to it. The tint film is light enough so that the light output through the film is still very visible even during the day. We varied the areas with both matte black and gloss black to still give the car some contrast, especially since the car was black to begin with. The owner of this car was in Lake Forest, Orange County and I came out to them to do the entire wrap work on their new Tesla.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- 3M 1080 anthracite gloss carbon fiber interior trim vinyl wrap

For this 2016 Audi A7 sedan, we wrapped over the original wood trim pieces with the 3M 1080 CFS201 anthracite carbon fiber vinyl material. Getting rid of the wood look on the interior trim really upgraded the look of the overall interior, giving it a sportier look and feel. I especially liked the way the carbon fiber wrap worked with the aluminum metal trimming that were already on the wood pieces, giving it a nice balance of carbon fiber and metal.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com

Last edited by Don N.; 06-29-2018 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 11:39 AM   #4
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss carbon fiber 5D vinyl roof wrap

For those who have blue cars out there, typically a gloss black or similar roof wrap usually ends up being a more subtle touch to the car than how a black roof looks on a lighter colored car like white. In this case, the owner of this estoril blue M235i coupe wanted something that stood out just slightly more than a regular gloss black roof, so we went with the 5D gloss carbon fiber on the roof. The owner of this car was from long beach Los Angeles and came out to me in Anaheim Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done.

Since a lot of people ask how my gloss carbon fiber finish compares with real carbon fiber finishes, I took a few pictures of my gloss carbon fiber material laid over the real carbon fiber rear spoiler that was on the car. For a vinyl wrap product, this material is going to get you very close to the real thing.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #5
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Matte black front grill plasti dip
- Matte black fog light trim plasti dip
- Matte black rear badges plasti dip
- 5D high gloss carbon fiber front center lip vinyl wrap
- 5D high gloss rear diffuser vinyl wrap
- Gloss black window trim vinyl wrap
- Tinted / smoked rear tail lights

This white Audi S8 sedan had a lot of chrome / aluminum finish pieces all around the exterior of the car, so to help clean it up a bit and to give it a sportier look that's fitting of the S model. For this car, we ended up blacking out the chrome window trim and rear trunk bar in gloss black, plasti dipping the badges, front grill and lower fog light trim pieces, tinting the rear tail lights, and then adding some carbon fiber accents on the front lip and balancing it out with doing the rear diffuser as well. I always like doing wrap work on bigger bodied cars, cause most people don't generally look at such big cars as being sporty, so it really sets the car apart from the crowd.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 12:26 PM   #6
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black roof vinyl wrap

To compliment the already gloss black wheels and other gloss black accents on this white BMW F32 328i coupe, we went with a gloss black roof wrap on the car to tie everything together and completing the look. The owner of this car was in West Hollywood Los Angeles and brought their car out to us in Orange County to do the wrap work. The install was very straight forward and gave the car an OEM+ type look, making it seem/look like the black roof could have been an option from the BMW dealership.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 09:49 AM   #7
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- 3M 1080 anthracite gloss carbon fiber interior trim vinyl wrap

For this 2016 Audi A7 sedan, we wrapped over the original wood trim pieces with the 3M 1080 CFS201 anthracite carbon fiber vinyl material. Getting rid of the wood look on the interior trim really upgraded the look of the overall interior, giving it a sportier look and feel. I especially liked the way the carbon fiber wrap worked with the aluminum metal trimming that were already on the wood pieces, giving it a nice balance of carbon fiber and metal.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 10:47 AM   #8
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black roof vinyl wrap
- Gloss black side skirt vinyl wrap
- Gloss black rear trunk license plate area vinyl wrap

The owner of this car was from norcal and had me do the vinyl wrap work on his car while he was down in socal. We went with gloss black for the roof, side skirts, and rear trunk license plate area. The side skirt design is based off of the motorsport graphic that is also offered from the factory by BMW. The rear license plate and side skirt wrap was a last minute decision, so those were done freehand. Overall, the additional gloss black accents tied in well with the other gloss black pieces on the car.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 07:38 PM   #9
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl wrap roof
- Smoked / tinted tail lights

This is an old/previous customer of mine that came from outside the state of California to have the vinyl work done on his car. For his car, I vinyl wrapped the roof in gloss black, blacked out the chrome window trim and also lightly tinted / smoked his tail lights. Each item was a small change to the car, but changed the overall look of the car quite dramatically. I really liked the way the smoked / tinted tail lights on his car went with the color of the car. The two complimented each other fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 11:26 AM   #10
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black roof wrap
- Gloss black chrome grill surround wrap
- Matte black lower center bumper grill wrap
- Gloss black window trim chrome delete wrap

The Lexus RC-F is already a great looking car, but the chrome window trim and grill pieces on the car really takes away from the aggressive look of the RC-F. For this white Lexus RC-F, we blacked out the chrome window trim, front grill, lower front bumper grill lip, and also the roof. We went with matte black around the grill surround, but did gloss black in the center lip portion to give the two some contrast, which worked out nicely. The owner of this car was in Los Angeles and brought it out to us in Orange County to have the wrap work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 03:43 PM   #11
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber spoiler wrap

For this blue Nissan R35 GTR, the owner of the car just wanted to add a simple carbon fiber accent to his rear spoiler. We went with the di-noc matte carbon fiber finish to match his other real dry carbon fiber pieces that were on the car. The owner of the car was in Westminster / Orange County and had me come out to him to do the vinyl wrap on his spoiler.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 11:45 AM   #12
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black mirror vinyl wrap
- Gloss black door handles vinyl wrap

On this white Maserati Gran Turismo, the owner of the car wanted to add some simple accents to the car to make it look slightly more aggressive and give it some character. Starting out with some simple accents, we decided to go with wrapping the mirrors, door handles and side skirts in a gloss black vinyl finish. The gloss black finish went well with the already gloss black wheels.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 09:34 PM   #13
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber interior wrap

Although most people probably go with the slightly glossier 3M 1080 carbon wrap for their interiors, the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber is still a good option for those who want something that looks/resembles dry carbon more. The size of the weave and color also varies a bit between the two carbon fiber materials offered by 3M as well. For this BMW F10 M5 sedan, we vinyl wrapped the interior with the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber finish vinyl material over the factory wood trim pieces on the car. The blend of the carbon fiber look and the aluminum trim accents compliment each other fairly well I think. The owner of this car was from Los Angeles / Inglewood or Santa Monica and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done on his interior.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #14
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black lower front lip vinyl wrap
- Gloss black rear lower bumper trim vinyl wrap
- Tinted rear tail lights and rear lower bumper reflectors
- Plasti dip front grill with glossifier
- Tinted front grill emblem
- Plasti dip rear emblem with glossifier
- Plasti dip rear exhaust tips with glossifier

I did the vinyl wrap and plasti dip work on this grey Mercedes Benz C63s coupe during one of my trips up to norcal / bay area to do wraps in that area. We blacked out every chrome / silver trim piece on the car, from the front grill to the rear exhaust tips. To keep everything as matching as possible, for the plasti dipped pieces, we used a glossifier on top of the standard matte black finish of the plasti dipped pieces. The convertible has a lot more silver/chrome pieces than a standard sedan/coupe would, but we wrapped every single area, so that even when the top was down, everything was blacked out and stayed consistent. To tie everything in, we topped it off by lightly tinting the rear tail lights and rear reflectors to tone down the brightness of the redness.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #15
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Carbon fiber roof wrap
- Matte black window trim vinyl wrap
- Matte black door handle inserts vinyl wrap

I wrapped the roof of this car in carbon fiber and blacked out the chrome window trim and door handle inserts in matte black. The following set of pictures will be good for those who want to go with matte black for the window trim or were debating between gloss black or matte black on the window trim. To give the car a more aggressive look, we went with the carbon fiber finish on the roof top. Then to match and compliment the already matte black wheels, we went with matte black on the window trim and door handles. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Los Angeles / Glendale to have the vinyl work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0