New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

09-11-2022, 07:22 AM   #23
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82M/S213 E450 A/T

I only have interest in the power train since it will be the same in the next M5. For the rest an M suv :
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 08:07 AM   #24
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
If the patent and spy pictures are accurate, it's the ugliest BMW ever created. I don't care about its performance, it's just too hideous.
I agree. I was driving down the street the other day and saw a vehicle crossing on a perpendicular street so I was looking at the cars from the side. I thought I saw an XM but as it got closer I saw it was an I3.

Why does a company that makes such great cars make them so ugly?
Appreciate 3
Burrcold5043.00
Joachim317.50
      09-11-2022, 09:50 AM   #25
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I agree. I was driving down the street the other day and saw a vehicle crossing on a perpendicular street so I was looking at the cars from the side. I thought I saw an XM but as it got closer I saw it was an I3.

2 things going on right now in my opinion:

1. The design language is being tailored to "emerging" markets (China), which is very different from the rest of the world. We (the west) aren't used to that.

2. Design teams can be very arrogant. It's their art so we as consumers are expected to love it. That doesn't always jive with the business aspect of meeting consumer demands. BMW has a long history of telling the consumer what they should like rather than asking them.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 11:22 PM   #26
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Quote:

1. The design language is being tailored to "emerging" markets (China), which is very different from the rest of the world. We (the west) aren't used to that.

2. Design teams can be very arrogant. It's their art so we as consumers are expected to love it. That doesn't always jive with the business aspect of meeting consumer demands. BMW has a long history of telling the consumer what they should like rather than asking them.
China is #1 market … nothing emerging about it when they bought 21.5M cars last year
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 06:08 AM   #27
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Quote:

China is #1 market … nothing emerging about it when they bought 21.5M cars last year
That's why I put it in quotes.
Appreciate 1
Mavus2014.50
      09-12-2022, 07:42 AM   #28
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

It's a matter of knowing your audience. I wouldn't consider this forum a good barometer of the masses when it comes to automobile tastes. The average buyer doesn't have any deep connection to heritage or history. Like them or not BMW's EV's are resonating with buyers.

https://www.motor1.com/news/601389/t...tition-fierce/

Quote:
The race for electrification is involving almost all brands available in Europe. The BMW Group, for example, is the fastest growing manufacturer within the segment, with a market share that rose from 5.76 percent in the first half of 2021 to 8.37 percent a year later. The latest products, such as the iX, iX3, and i4, are enjoying a positive response from the public.
Appreciate 1
kyriian872.00
      09-12-2022, 06:01 PM   #29
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
I can't see myself ever buying any X BMW. I like smaller cars like my M2.
Agreed. Maybe an X3/X3M one day for the family car, who knows. Definitely not the X5/6, too large, ponderous, and floaty. I was on Sea to Sky hwy last week in my mom's X5 getting out-handled in turns by 10 year old Jettas and Subarus.

In regards to the XM, at least it's ICE!
Appreciate 1
DanG10444.00
      09-17-2022, 11:11 AM   #30
buddenfan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8

I loved the concept XM for its aggressive brutal look but as more production photos leak the more I am disappointed. I wanted a crossover performance suv that sticks out but so far its not it. Also the interior and steering wheel are disappointing and look like my X6M Competition.

They shouldve made a sporty steering wheel

https://twitter.com/cars_pixels/stat...n0VOWdPdwE8DVA
Appreciate 0