New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #45
Pure It
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
At Penn State LV for chemical engineering, and hoping to transfer to Lehigh U. in 2010.
Nice to see another chemE here.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 12:05 AM   #46
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
Meh. I want to stay close to home. I like the campus, they have a good engineering program and it is close to home. I am not going to live there and I don't party.
well its definitely a nice area from what i remember, except for the whole school on a hill thing. i remember sweating my ass off walking up that hill to help my sister move in.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 02:27 AM   #47
Sam12345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: jet black 335i coupe

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [0.00]
4 weeks to go, going to Santa Monica College next year for a year, then transffering to hopefully USC
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 03:07 AM   #48
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by synclastica_86 View Post
This post dredged up my memory of graduating high school. A lot of my fds had plans... big plans... majoring in this minoring in that... law school in harvard... med school in johns hopkins. But most of them revolve around a single goal: getting rich. Is that really that important? Is that the sole purpose of college? If getting rich is all they want, why waste the 4 yrs in college? A lot of successful people didn't get to where they are through college. Wouldn't them be better off gaining real world experience instead?

Don't get me wrong... I love college. But I don't choose to go to a college that can make me rich. I picked mine for historical reasons. Because a particular experiment is performed there (Michelson Morley at Case western reserve university... physics majors should know). I just love what I learn... my purpose there is simply to understand how our universe work (and the parties of course). Am I stupid for thinking this way? Am I just not mature enough?
Well my goal is to be successful. I want to run my own business, and yes a benefit of my end goal (being successful) is also being wealthy. I'd like to be able to buy that Ferrari F430 instead of just drooling on my keyboard when I look at it on the internet. I'd like to be able to go to an exotic place in the world rather than just dream about it when I see pictures.

Understanding how our universe works must be freakin interesting as hell, I know it intrigues me. However, I don't understand why you are asking if you're stupid for thinking "this way".
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #49
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
well its definitely a nice area from what i remember, except for the whole school on a hill thing. i remember sweating my ass off walking up that hill to help my sister move in.

Yeah, the hill does tire you out after a while. The campus looks great when the landscaping starts to grow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure It
Nice to see another chemE here.

Likewise!
Appreciate 0