New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

12-03-2020, 09:35 PM   #221
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

9/4 winner winner chicken dinner! Niece/nephew pull down $550 on final quarter. They should receive somewhere between $450-500 by the time I get it to them
      12-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #222
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Carson Wentz, wtf is going on?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 06:32 PM   #223
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Carson Wentz, wtf is going on?
Dude is lost....on the other hand, he has no receivers and a shell of an O line. Can't expect miracles. Question is, will he ever get back to that QB of 4 years ago?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 06:34 PM   #224
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

So are the Giants legit, or Seattle undone by their offensive line....again?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 06:40 PM   #225
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
Dude is lost....on the other hand, he has no receivers and a shell of an O line. Can't expect miracles. Question is, will he ever get back to that QB of 4 years ago?
Ever since his injury he hasn’t been the same. They need to overhaul that line and get a new head coach.

Quote:
So are the Giants legit, or Seattle undone by their offensive line....again?
I watched the whole game and couldn’t believe how the Giants D were breathing down Wilson’s neck. Never in a million years did I think the Giants would win as it’s in Seattle, Wilson is near flawless at home and Colt McCoy has a terrible GOD AWFUL record but they managed to get the W.

This is a completely different team that started the season 0-5 and are 5-2 in their last se7en games. Just hope Dallas keeps shooting themselves in the foot and football team loses as well to give the Giants a little breathing room.

BTW, Jets tanked on that last play to remain winless.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #226
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
its a lot worse than his WRs and O Line. hes middle of the pack in time to throw, but he holds the ball for way too long. His WRs are getting open, but he isnt finding them or isnt throwing accurately. Every week you can watch dozens of film breakdowns with wide open wrs and Wentz throws it into the dirt/defender, throws it to a tightly covered wr, or holds the ball too long and takes the sack. You have to wonder if something isnt right in the head after that concussion last year.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 01:07 PM   #227
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Vikings make it to .500, and the Lions beat the Bears to put us in second in the north
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #228
Josh-PA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2, n55 e88, B58 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
its a lot worse than his WRs and O Line. hes middle of the pack in time to throw, but he holds the ball for way too long. His WRs are getting open, but he isnt finding them or isnt throwing accurately. Every week you can watch dozens of film breakdowns with wide open wrs and Wentz throws it into the dirt/defender, throws it to a tightly covered wr, or holds the ball too long and takes the sack. You have to wonder if something isnt right in the head after that concussion last year.
I personally feel for the guy and hope he can get himself right, preferably in Philly but if that isn't in the cards, somewhere. He'd be a great fit in Indy w/ Frank Reich if the Eagles give up on him.

I know its all excuses, but it is a textbook on how to destroy development of a potential franchise quarterback.

Drafted from a small school w/ the intention of sitting him a year to learn and develop. At the end of training camp, after not getting many/any first team reps (and breaking ribs in the first pre-season game), trade Sam Bradford and hand the team over to him. Had a decent 2016.

Starts the miracle 2017 year with MVP performance, only to tear his ACL and watch his back up take the team to the Super Bowl. The level of Wentz love during the first 13 weeks of the season was insane, only to have that ripped away and fall into quarterback controversy #1
2018 looking over your shoulder at the Philly Philly Statue Of Nick Foles and come back early from the ACL. Play decent, then fracture a vertibrae in your back and watch St Nick double doink his way to another playoff win.
2019 get the team back as undisputedly yours and watch all the weapons you were supposed to have get injured while you stay healthy for the first time for 16 games -> DeSean, Alshon, Miles Sanders... Lead a team of practice squaders to the playoffs while Alshon is chatting it up behind your back to ESPN about how Nick Foles threw a better ball. Get to your first home playoff game to get knocked out by a dirty late Clowney hit to the head... season over. Meanwhile your team drafts JJ Arthega Whiteside over DK Metcalf.
2020... Hire your fourth QB coach in four years. Go into the draft with a team that is old and majorly lacking at skill positions and draft Reagor over Jefferson in the first and a quarterback in the 2nd... Why, because it wouldn't be Phialdelphia without a quarterback controversy. Have the team destroy a relationship with your favorite target (Ertz) over a contract dispute so that guy gives no effort and no shits anymore. Plan on at least 2 of your starting receivers be rookies and the 3rd be last year's practice squadder, then have no ability for off-season training, a shortened training camp, no pre-season games and no ability for the offense to get on the same page. In an attempt to survive a season with a patchwork o-line, add about 20lbs of muscle and f up all your mechanics. Start the year with an o-line that gives contact on average in less than 3 seconds with receivers that routinely turn right when they're supposed to go left. Hold the ball too long, sacks, interceptions, fumble.... rinse and repeat.
Hurts plays a quarter of football, gets sacked 3 times and throws a pick (and a nice touchdown ball)... Where did I see that 13 times before this year???

Last edited by Josh-PA; 12-07-2020 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 09:44 PM   #229
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Don Shula having his champagne up in the clouds.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614885.00
      12-08-2020, 06:54 AM   #230
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Don Shula having his champagne up in the clouds.
The Steelers lost to Washington...a team so bad that they don't even have a NAME this year?!?!?

If they had European soccer-style relegation in the NFL, the Seahawks and Steelers would be demoted to Pop Warner league for losing to NFC LEast teams.....
      12-08-2020, 06:13 PM   #231
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
The Steelers lost to Washington...a team so bad that they don't even have a NAME this year?!?!?
Rumor has it they are considering keeping the name 'Football Team'. As a lifelong Redskins fan I am actually warming up to the idea. I like the new uniforms; they have a classy, simple, and 'old school' look to them. And let's face it, if you're really, really good it almost doesn't matter what the name of your team is.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 10:26 PM   #232
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Rumor has it they are considering keeping the name 'Football Team'. As a lifelong Redskins fan I am actually warming up to the idea. I like the new uniforms; they have a classy, simple, and 'old school' look to them. And let's face it, if you're really, really good it almost doesn't matter what the name of your team is.
Alex Smith, what a great story. Your thoughts on Haskins, think he’s already done in Washington?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 06:39 AM   #233
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Alex Smith, what a great story. Your thoughts on Haskins, think he’s already done in Washington?
I think it's game over for Haskins. He just doesn't have the goods.

I definitely think they can beat the 49ers this weekend. If they do, they have a legit shot to salvage an 8-8 season. I'd call that a success for this year.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 12:14 PM   #234
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And let's face it, if you're really, really good it almost doesn't matter what the name of your team is.
IF is a really big word
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 11:12 AM   #235
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
IF is a really big word
It sure is, and not just in football context.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614885.00
      12-10-2020, 02:13 PM   #236
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Being a Falcons fan, I can't be critical of anyone. I am rooting for Alex Smith, the guy has fought back and then there's Ron Riviera's fight with cancer.
Efthreeoh16946.00
      12-13-2020, 10:12 AM   #237
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
I'm not a fan of football anymore since politics got into it and inadvertent head collisions became penalties along with the defenseless receiver rule. I grew up a rabid Redskins fan; my dad had season tickets from 1962 to 2007.

But the world with social media the way it is and the idiocy that goes with it, all teams should be nameless, because most all can be found offensive to someone. My examples.

Cowboys - Misogynist (I'm okay with Cowpersons)
Buccaneers - celebrates criminals of the high seas who rape and pillage
Falcons - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Chargers - promotes energy production that causes global warming
Raiders - celebrates criminals of the high seas who rape and pillage
Chiefs - related to American Indians and promotes tribal warfare and the taking of slaves
Ravens - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Giants - insulting and not inclusive of people of small stature
Titans - insulting and not inclusive of people of weak nature
Texans - Misogynist (i.e. another name for Cowboy)
Vikings - celebrates criminals who invade lands of others who rape and pillage those persons
Eagles - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Jets - promotes world-wide travel via a carbon-fueled vehicle, which contributes to global warming
Broncos - Misogynist (i.e. another name for Cowboy)
Patriots - Jingoistic, celebrates the creation of the USA and represents the displacement of American Indians to the American Indian Reservation system
Packers - represents the meat packing industry, which promotes the killing of innocent animals for the sake of food, and contributes to global warming
Seahawks - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Saints - promotes the Catholic Religion
Cardinals - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Bears - implies a wild animal to be feared, thus promotes hunting and the slaughter of innocent animals based on unfounded reasoning

Rams - promotes head-to-head collisions, which is indifferent to NFL rules and policy against head injuries
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 12-13-2020 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410783.00
GERMAN M34176.50
      12-13-2020, 06:24 PM   #238
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'm not a fan of football anymore since politics got into it and inadvertent head collisions became penalties along with the defenseless receiver rule. I grew up a rabid Redskins fan; my dad had season tickets from 1962 to 2007.

But the world with social media the way it is and the idiocy that goes with it, all teams should be nameless, because most all can be found offensive to someone. My examples.

Cowboys - Misogynist (I'm okay with Cowpersons)
Buccaneers - celebrates criminals of the high seas who rape and pillage
Falcons - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Chargers - promotes energy production that causes global warming
Raiders - celebrates criminals of the high seas who rape and pillage
Chiefs - related to American Indians and promotes tribal warfare and the taking of slaves
Ravens - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Giants - insulting and not inclusive of people of small stature
Titans - insulting and not inclusive of people of weak nature
Texans - Misogynist (i.e. another name for Cowboy)
Vikings - celebrates criminals who invade lands of others who rape and pillage those persons
Eagles - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Jets - promotes world-wide travel via a carbon-fueled vehicle, which contributes to global warming
Broncos - Misogynist (i.e. another name for Cowboy)
Patriots - Jingoistic, celebrates the creation of the USA and represents the displacement of American Indians to the American Indian Reservation system
Packers - represents the meat packing industry, which promotes the killing of innocent animals for the sake of food, and contributes to global warming
Seahawks - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Saints - promotes the Catholic Religion
Cardinals - plays on one's Ornithophobia; it's just mean
Bears - implies a wild animal to be feared, thus promotes hunting and the slaughter of innocent animals based on unfounded reasoning

Rams - promotes head-to-head collisions, which is indifferent to NFL rules and policy against head injuries
I agree. May I suggest the following:

Dallas Football Team
Tampa Football Team
Georgia Football Team
California Football Team
Another California Football Team
Missouri Football Team
Maryland Football Team
New York Football Team
Tennessee Football Team
Texas Football Team
Minnesota Football Team
Pennsylvania Football Team
Another New York Football Team
Colorado Football Team
New England Football Team
Wisconsin Football Team
Washington State Football Team
New Orleans Football Team
Arizona Football Team
Illinois Football Team
Another California Football Team
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16946.00
      12-13-2020, 07:01 PM   #239
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Perhaps it’s best that the Falcons games are not available in Nashville, at least they were in the game till the last few seconds...this Super Bowl hangover is going on three years now.
      12-17-2020, 02:12 PM   #240
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

The Bills are finally a legit football team ! Run defense is suspect though .......
      12-17-2020, 08:17 PM   #241
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikado463 View Post
The Bills are finally a legit football team ! Run defense is suspect though .......
I'm biting my tongue on posting anything right now, until I see if they choke against the Broncos on Saturday.....
      12-17-2020, 09:51 PM   #242
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Football team will win the NFC Least. Giants will get smoked by the Browns and get blown out by the Ravens next Sunday, lock it up. However, they’ll beat Jerry’s Cowboys the final game of the season.
Appreciate 0