New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

01-23-2019, 10:40 AM   #1
LordLolzeye
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89 3.0i 2011

Some Questions

Hello everyone,

I bought a BMW Z4 3.0i 2011 recently (I have to say that it's been an amazing 3 months with it)
and I have some questions about it (i've been lurking this forum for a while now and did not find the answer).

1. My car came with a broken "part" sort to say and I have searched for it's number in the Z4's manual,
on ebay, amazon, everywhere but I can't seem to find it's name or serial number.

View post on imgur.com

Anybody has any ideea what that part is called and how I can get a new one?

2. As I have understood the car I bought was originally from the USA and it was sold at an auction, it only
came with one of the car keys (only key number 2). As I read the manual I understood that all Z4's (mine does
not have CA) come with the possibility of opening the roof with the remote while holding the unlock button,
but for me that doesn't work (only while using the key). Is it a setting that I need to code (i have carly),
or is that option available only for CA equipped Z4's or is it available only for key number 1?

3. As I mentioned, I bought carly and "Analyzed" the car, and the following errors returned:
a) 00A559 - KL30g f Cutoff / KL30g f shutdown / Klemme30g f shutdown / KL.30g f shutdown
b) 006056 - Error wheel sensor HL
006056 - Error wheel sensor HR
c) 00A8AD - Parking light right defective (it actually works lol)
d) 009CBB - Short circuit fault 2
e) 00E147 - CAN bus: Short

I've searched the internet for these errors but couldn't get much out of them (besides c) and d) - FRM error)
Do you guys know where I could find more info about them? As well, if anybody knows what they are, could you help me out a bit.

As well, probably worth mentioning:
- I checked the car battery's voltage - 12.8 V
- I cleared the errors on the OBD but these always come back
- Only the "Tire Pressure" led sometimes enables (checked the tire pressure, it's perfectly fine)
- Car has no mechanical problem - it drives perfectly fine

4. Sometimes, extremly rare, I hear a weird "broken speaker" sound from the back - right of
the car - it's not coming from the speakers, anybody had this issue?

5. I have seen people changing the CCC with a Pioneer, but I was thinking of retrofitting an entire
nav system - What do you think, is it worth the 2.5k$, should I do it or should I just buy a Pioneer with
retractable display like other people did ?

6. For people who bought carly - what codings did you see good to do?

P.S: I'm sorry for the long message & possible spelling mistakes!
P.S 2: I'm sorry if I had a bad topic title!

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLolzeye View Post
Hello everyone,

I bought a BMW Z4 3.0i 2011 recently (I have to say that it's been an amazing 3 months with it)
and I have some questions about it (i've been lurking this forum for a while now and did not find the answer).

1. My car came with a broken "part" sort to say and I have searched for it's number in the Z4's manual,
on ebay, amazon, everywhere but I can't seem to find it's name or serial number.

View post on imgur.com

Anybody has any ideea what that part is called and how I can get a new one? ** Part Number 54377247854

2. As I have understood the car I bought was originally from the USA and it was sold at an auction, it only
came with one of the car keys (only key number 2). As I read the manual I understood that all Z4's (mine does
not have CA) come with the possibility of opening the roof with the remote while holding the unlock button,
but for me that doesn't work (only while using the key). Is it a setting that I need to code (i have carly),
or is that option available only for CA equipped Z4's or is it available only for key number 1? It's not a CA option only, I have it here in the UK, well I did before I fitted a SmartTop. Not sure why your's is not working, didn't think it was an option though.

3. As I mentioned, I bought carly and "Analyzed" the car, and the following errors returned:
a) 00A559 - KL30g f Cutoff / KL30g f shutdown / Klemme30g f shutdown / KL.30g f shutdown

I've searched the internet for these errors but couldn't get much out of them (besides c) and d) - FRM error)
Do you guys know where I could find more info about them? As well, if anybody knows what they are, could you help me out a bit.

- Only the "Tire Pressure" led sometimes enables (checked the tire pressure, it's perfectly fine)

4. Sometimes, extremly rare, I hear a weird "broken speaker" sound from the back - right of
the car - it's not coming from the speakers, anybody had this issue?

5. I have seen people changing the CCC with a Pioneer, but I was thinking of retrofitting an entire
nav system - What do you think, is it worth the 2.5k$, should I do it or should I just buy a Pioneer with
retractable display like other people did ?
This entirely depends if YOU think it's worth it for what you get out of it. And if $2.5k includes all aspects of the retro-fit (ie: coding and everything you need - Head unit, surround, pop-up screen, iDrive controller, combox, bluetooth module and all associated wiring etc!!)

6. For people who bought carly - what codings did you see good to do?
Digital mph display.
5 blinks for quick turn.
Gear change indication.
Up to 45mph roof open/close (before I fitted SmartTop)

Would have done auto-fold door mirrors had I had folding mirrors in the first place

P.S: I'm sorry for the long message & possible spelling mistakes!
P.S 2: I'm sorry if I had a bad topic title!

Thank you!
Answers in RED BOLD

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2019, 10:41 AM   #3
LordLolzeye
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89 3.0i 2011

Thank you Dave!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLolzeye View Post

a) - Potential low battery
b) - Brake pad wear sensors
c) -
d) - Look here >> https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=866044
e) - Look here >> https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1482572

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 1