New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

01-23-2019, 03:43 PM   #1
Vetracr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW Z4 3.0

Remove N52 air intake resonator

Many vendors supply kits to remove the N52 intake resonator on E85 and E86 Z4's. As usual, no one provides a kit for the E89. I started digging through my parts pile and came upon a set of parts that worked. I had them left over from my Supercharged NC Miata. The parts consist of 3" aluminum tube, a 3" rubber connector and a 3" rubber 90 degree bend along with some hose clamps. Remove the MAF connector and the existing air intake with the resonator. Cut the aluminum tube about 2-1/2" long. Insert aluminum tube in one end of 90 degree rubber bend. I used some vaseline on the other end to fit over the engine intake which takes some stretching. Clamp 90 degree bend to engine after aligning 3" aluminum tube with air box exit. Unbolt the air filter box and air intake. Slide the 3" rubber connector on to the air filter box and then slip the connector on to aluminum extending from 90 degree bend. Loosely install hose clamps. Bolt down air intake and filter box. Tighten clamps and reinstall MAF connector. I bought rubber and aluminum parts from Spectre Engineering but their are other vendors. New intake provides straight shot of air to engine.
Attached Images

Last edited by Vetracr; 01-23-2019 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0