New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

10-26-2018, 05:50 AM   #89
ScottAndrew
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiwhmts View Post
BMW owners are the worst drivers in the UK - per this article
http://en.cartests.net/2018/10/22/bm...ers-in-the-uk/
Also, per opinion, as opposed to fact, which makes as relevant as the fart that just squeaked out into my chair.

Great English - but nothing more than I expect from an English website. Here, if you take the trouble to spell, structure your sentences and punctuate correctly, you get called "Love Actually" or "fancy-pants educated fucker".
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2018, 02:09 AM   #90
rainfall
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A

hmmm get a dash cam. If you suspect someone is doing "double standard" on you, have that on tape and post it on social media and make sure it is made public.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 05:49 AM   #91
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
The vast majority of people do not care AT ALL what you drive.

If someone really thinks they are being targeted for the car they drive...there are definitely other issues at play.
I agree to some extent.

There are those who for whatever reason (bad day at work, etc.) are simply in a foul or aggressive mood and will “target” any car on the road that gets in their way regardless of make or model.

But there are indeed individuals who are as jealous as they are spiteful and do “target” those driving nice(er) cars than the one they are in — especially if it is a BMW.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #92
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6

it certainly happens sometimes. I use to think that nobody really cared about the ride you drive. I had that mentality even through buying a new 3 series coupe. i mean honestly the 3 series is basic anyway.

but i have to admit, driving in traffic is worlds different now that i'm in an M6. there's always some asshole wanting to try me, and i dunno why but people who drive Prius's especially love to mess with me. i was on the highway with 3 lanes going both directions in the left lane following another guy. had some distance between the cars. this prius driver was in the middle lane, and with NOBODY in front of him, just up and decided to get into the left lane and slowly drop speed, and wouldn't move. i got in the middle lane to pass him, and after that, he moved back into the middle lane.

and maybe its because im young with a sports car, but i always get old senior dudes in their porsche trying to prove a point when they see me. like damn dude, im just trying to get to the weed man, don't care if you want to prove you still got it.

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2018, 06:12 PM   #93
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

There will always be pricks on the road. That's why I hate speed limits, because I can't risk outrunning them lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 06:09 AM   #94
bmwgrande
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
I've noticed Prius drivers tend to be more aggressive with that type of behavior for some reason. Seriously, buy a Tesla if you want to be eco-friendly AND have some performance.
      11-08-2018, 06:30 AM   #95
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Prius drivers are out to save the world and you BMW drivers are killing it! But they’re ok with some thirty year old piece of crap on the road that burns a lot more fuel than your BMW... they aren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #96
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6

whats worse is its always a dude in a prius pulling this nonsense. like damn dude, nobody forced you to buy a prius. you made that decision on your own.

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 07:25 PM   #97
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Mine was when the express lane was completely stopped (not moving for 30+ minutes), and EVERYBODY was crossing over to the local lanes through the median.

I was in a line of about 30 cars, and I saw the cop down the highway sitting there. When I pulled out he came right behind me, pulled me over, and gave me a two point ticket. I asked him why he let about 30 other cars go and singled me out. He laughed and walked away.

Nearly everybody says such- Cop only got me because I was from out of state, in a red car, in a Corvette, on a motorcycle, had large breast, xyz race.

The officer simply has to pick one and can't stop them all at once.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 07:44 PM   #98
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
There are many many people who sincerely don't care what you drive, BUT there are those who want to make a statement that they don't care what you drive by passive aggressively and coincidentally deciding that they want to go faster RIGHT WHEN I HIT MY TURN SIGNAL. It's a noticeable and measurable phenomena especially here in Los Angeles.
I work and drive in Atlanta Georgia for the last 5 years. Last month I spent a week in the LA area. I found LA drivers to be very very pleasant compared to Atlanta.

Atlanta has loads of commuters who are in a rush, those not in a rush, people passing thru to Florida, and people coming into the city for appointments. This variation causes chaos.

Whereas is in LA it seamed like drivers knew they were going to be in traffic and stayed calm. Nobody tried to lane hop, use open lanes to cut in front of slower lanes.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 07:46 PM   #99
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I don't think it's BMW as much as it's any nice car and the perception of other drivers. I am a courteous driver. Always signal, not as an invitation, but only when I have my opening then click twice. More times than not, the driver I'm getting in front of speeds up as soon as he sees the blinker. And of course there's the merge during rush hour. They teach chance a piece in kindergarten but some people just don't get it. I'll be ready to merge with a nice opening and the jerk in the right lane that is 2 car lengths behind doesn't want me getting in front of him.

Haters are going to hate. I get lots of thumbs up mostly from BMWs or other "drivers" cars, but also get the finger for no reason. I was the first car sitting at a light a few months ago and a driver of some POS car made a left in front of me from the cross street, he actually stopped, took both hands off the wheel and gave me the finger with both hands! No reason other than jealously I guess.
I shared a moment with a Porsche Boxter the other day, he was stopped at lights as I was driving in the other direction - he saw me staring at his car and I saw him staring at mine as I drove past. ... It was nice.

But the way I drive is likely to make people irate. I'm courteous and polite - I'll make room for someone to get in in front of me; I'll jump into the slow lane and slow down to let someone past if they've caught up to me from behind - but I'm assertive (which many would describe as "aggressive) and I'm trying to get to my location as quickly as possible without breaking the law. I'll duck and weave if traffic permits, I'll overtake in convoy traffic when it only lands me 3 cars in front and i'll happily take 'rat running routes' to get to my destination quickly. I'm that guy ducking in at the last minute on that lane that ends - because why voluntarily put yourself 20 cars behind when you know someone will let you in at the front?

I drive a little black BMW convertible and I drive it fast. I wouldn't say any hate directed my way is _because_ of the badge - but I'm sure I get pigeonholed as a prick in a BMW (or if I drove a Porsche it'd be a rich prick in a Porsche) rather than a hoon in a Subaru or some yobbo in a Ford.

But I see other drivers a 'non-playing characters' on the road. ... like the hostages in counterstrike - I swear most drivers are *TRYING* to get in my way. Bit I treat everybody with respect, but I don't read any malice into their actions and I don't take any actions to try to 'teach them' anything. If one person doesn't let me in - that's their prerogative - generally speaking, the next person will. There's no need to get upset.

As for police attention ... i haven't got a ticket in over a decade (touch wood). I think it'd be a different story if I was driving a XR6 or a Nissan Skyline.
Appreciate 2
      11-09-2018, 05:58 AM   #100
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx View Post
As for police attention ... i haven't got a ticket in over a decade (touch wood).
You should never say this out loud..... My father calls it spitting up in the air.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 06:40 AM   #101
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Mine was when the express lane was completely stopped (not moving for 30+ minutes), and EVERYBODY was crossing over to the local lanes through the median.

I was in a line of about 30 cars, and I saw the cop down the highway sitting there. When I pulled out he came right behind me, pulled me over, and gave me a two point ticket. I asked him why he let about 30 other cars go and singled me out. He laughed and walked away.
Blame it on douche bag rich kids over the past 30 years. After all, the 3 series was the prototypical first car for many rich kids and these new drivers acted like total asshats most of the time. People develop a bias based off theses early life experiences.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 06:56 AM   #102
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Talk about first world problems. You know shit is going good when you can discuss "BMW prejudice" with a straight face.
Appreciate 1
MarkDemma517.00
      11-09-2018, 07:13 AM   #103
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
I get cut-off a lot on the highway on cruise mode.
but this morning some1 in new chrysler 300 thought he could cut me off while trying to get on the highway...sorry too slow. he didnt like it very much.
i havent reach 1200 miles, so i let him go play by himself.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 07:18 PM   #104
brettbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx View Post
I shared a moment with a Porsche Boxter the other day, he was stopped at lights as I was driving in the other direction - he saw me staring at his car and I saw him staring at mine as I drove past. ... It was nice.

But the way I drive is likely to make people irate. I'm courteous and polite - I'll make room for someone to get in in front of me; I'll jump into the slow lane and slow down to let someone past if they've caught up to me from behind - but I'm assertive (which many would describe as "aggressive) and I'm trying to get to my location as quickly as possible without breaking the law. I'll duck and weave if traffic permits, I'll overtake in convoy traffic when it only lands me 3 cars in front and i'll happily take 'rat running routes' to get to my destination quickly. I'm that guy ducking in at the last minute on that lane that ends - because why voluntarily put yourself 20 cars behind when you know someone will let you in at the front?

I drive a little black BMW convertible and I drive it fast. I wouldn't say any hate directed my way is _because_ of the badge - but I'm sure I get pigeonholed as a prick in a BMW (or if I drove a Porsche it'd be a rich prick in a Porsche) rather than a hoon in a Subaru or some yobbo in a Ford.

But I see other drivers a 'non-playing characters' on the road. ... like the hostages in counterstrike - I swear most drivers are *TRYING* to get in my way. Bit I treat everybody with respect, but I don't read any malice into their actions and I don't take any actions to try to 'teach them' anything. If one person doesn't let me in - that's their prerogative - generally speaking, the next person will. There's no need to get upset.

As for police attention ... i haven't got a ticket in over a decade (touch wood). I think it'd be a different story if I was driving a XR6 or a Nissan Skyline.
Well at least your honest...thats what I like..sounds like how I drive....lol
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 07:28 PM   #105
brettbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i 2013 328i

Truth is most people see BMW, they perceive it as a rich man's car. I drive a 14 320i the cheapest model. One woman said to me at work,(What do u think this is beverly hills). A Bentley or Rolls ide consider ,but a 320i !!!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #106
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

You are nuts if you think people don't hate on you for driving a certain type of car. Obviously, most people will not even care, but I get treated like shit on a consistent basis when driving my BMW (and previously my Porsche) compared to being totally ignored when I'm in my brown Volvo wagon. I'm talking people speeding up to cut me off very closely without any turn signal, tailgating then they'll honk as they speed away, lifted diesel trucks doing one of the aforementioned stunts and then dusting me in a cloud of soot on purpose, and I could go on for days. In my 911, I even had someone aggressively try to sideswipe me because I apparently didn't blast up an on-ramp quickly enough to satisfy them. I was over the speed limit already and minding my own business, and once this person got around me, they were literally slamming brakes on in front of me as if they wanted me to smash into them as well.

All of that has happened in < 10k miles of driving (conservative guesstimate) vs. several hundred thousand miles combined over the years on various SUVs, crossovers, and wagons. Not once have I experienced such rudeness or behavior from other drivers while in these other vehicles.

I even have a relative that I caught giving me the stink eye once when we crossed paths in public. I noticed her slowing down and giving me a dirty glare as I was getting into my car. She had been nice to me before that, and this was the first time she had seen my new car. I always caught bad vibes from her after that, and then once word got around, other family members confirmed she had been talking crap and hating on me out of jealousy.

Newsflash: People suck, and a lot of them live their lives as narcissistic a-holes who go out of their way to hurt others with spiteful behavior of all types - not just when driving cars - because they are jealous and self-hating people who don't like to see others doing well.

If one can deny this fact, he/she must be clueless about people.
      11-12-2018, 10:30 AM   #107
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
You are nuts if you think people don't hate on you for driving a certain type of car. Obviously, most people will not even care, but I get treated like shit on a consistent basis when driving my BMW (and previously my Porsche) compared to being totally ignored when I'm in my brown Volvo wagon. I'm talking people speeding up to cut me off very closely without any turn signal, tailgating then they'll honk as they speed away, lifted diesel trucks doing one of the aforementioned stunts and then dusting me in a cloud of soot on purpose, and I could go on for days. In my 911, I even had someone aggressively try to sideswipe me because I apparently didn't blast up an on-ramp quickly enough to satisfy them. I was over the speed limit already and minding my own business, and once this person got around me, they were literally slamming brakes on in front of me as if they wanted me to smash into them as well.

All of that has happened in < 10k miles of driving (conservative guesstimate) vs. several hundred thousand miles combined over the years on various SUVs, crossovers, and wagons. Not once have I experienced such rudeness or behavior from other drivers while in these other vehicles.

I even have a relative that I caught giving me the stink eye once when we crossed paths in public. I noticed her slowing down and giving me a dirty glare as I was getting into my car. She had been nice to me before that, and this was the first time she had seen my new car. I always caught bad vibes from her after that, and then once word got around, other family members confirmed she had been talking crap and hating on me out of jealousy.

Newsflash: People suck, and a lot of them live their lives as narcissistic a-holes who go out of their way to hurt others with spiteful behavior of all types - not just when driving cars - because they are jealous and self-hating people who don't like to see others doing well.

If one can deny this fact, he/she must be clueless about people.
Totally agree; especially, with your “newsflash”. Sad state of affairs, and be that as it may, it’s the truth about the present-day society.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 09:11 PM   #108
sikotic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340I

The worst is Honda drivers, especially now that they have a damn sport button..

I was talking to one of my buddies who owns a few supercars and I asked him straight up "which cars try to race you the most?" and without and hesitation whatsoever he was like "Honda civics hands down" haha I was dying
Appreciate 1