New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

10-20-2022, 11:30 AM   #1
cfichter
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5D Diesel

Seat conversion - 2012 X5D

Hi folks -
I posted this thread but didn't get any responses:
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1963332

I'll simplify the ask - I need to know how to swap seats in our X5. We bought the max package seats at the time (fully electronic everthing, lumbar, seat warmers etc) and wife experiences severe pain when driving from the seats. We've tried all settings for lumbar, positions etc.

We have two other BMWs, sportier sedans with bucket seats and she is comfortable in those. So I want to pull out the two large seats we have from manf and put in smaller bucket seats, and I want to have the passenger a swivel seat.

Any suggestions how to do this? Any good links on this type of conversion? Any bucket seat recommendations? What happens when I completely disconnect the existing seats, will computers accept nothing attached if I go with completely manual/simple seats? Thx for help.
Appreciate 0