New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

10-12-2022, 09:22 PM   #23
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW330e

That’s nice… but did it include a patch for the 330e rear camera??
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 09:37 AM   #24
SnowBob
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5150 View Post
That is the latest version you would get via remote update. Dealer must have installed it during a recent service perhaps?
I’m sorry that was a typo. I’m actually on 07/2021.50. I asked during my last service to perform an update if one was available but the service advisor dismissed me saying they only do it on recalls.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 06:41 AM   #25
Invisiblename
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANSPEC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Quote:
Glad to see that the lane keep intervention has gotten a "smoother" transition. My wife got into an accident because she was not expecting lane keep to violently kick on out of nowhere on the interstate, thus throwing her from the far right lane into the guard rail on the far left lane.

This happened a week after picking up her MY23 X3 with only 300 miles.
Not questioning the facts here, just wondering why working in a dealership we've not heard anything about such scenarios either from BMW or from NHTSA? I'm assuming BMW investigated the incident?

I hope your wife is doing okay. Sounds traumatic.
This happened last Wednesday (10/5)

Currently working on getting the car towed to a BMW dealership so they can get the work started since insurance is approved.

I plan on calling BMWNA and addressing my issue with this. I've looked on the newer X3 forums and there are several threads complaining about how aggressive the lane assist is sometimes. Seems like they are happening in the newer years (MY21, MY22 and now my wife's MY23)

I am 110% convinced this incident wouldn't have happened if that system didn't jerk the steering wheel so aggressively.

Thankfully no one else was in the car or any other cars were involved. It definitely was scary as I was on the phone with her while it was happening so I heard everything.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Glad to see that the lane keep intervention has gotten a "smoother" transition. My wife got into an accident because she was not expecting lane keep to violently kick on out of nowhere on the interstate, thus throwing her from the far right lane into the guard rail on the far left lane.

Not questioning the facts here, just wondering why working in a dealership we've not heard anything about such scenarios either from BMW or from NHTSA? I'm assuming BMW investigated the incident?

Thankfully no one else was in the car or any other cars were involved. It definitely was scary as I was on the phone with her while it was happening so I heard everything.
Not thought that maybe the distraction of the phone call was partially to blame?
      10-16-2022, 07:43 PM   #26
M3ANSPEC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18’ M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisiblename View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This happened last Wednesday (10/5)

Currently working on getting the car towed to a BMW dealership so they can get the work started since insurance is approved.

I plan on calling BMWNA and addressing my issue with this. I've looked on the newer X3 forums and there are several threads complaining about how aggressive the lane assist is sometimes. Seems like they are happening in the newer years (MY21, MY22 and now my wife's MY23)

I am 110% convinced this incident wouldn't have happened if that system didn't jerk the steering wheel so aggressively.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not thought that maybe the distraction of the phone call was partially to blame?
Lol good one. It was a hands free phone call. Thanks for the input though.
Appreciate 0