New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: Are you vaccinated against COVID-19?
Yes, I am vaccinated (or soon plan to be). 183 74.39%
No, I am not vaccinated. 63 25.61%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

07-31-2021, 05:42 PM   #903
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
That diagram is crap. Many of those sources stated as neutral are not. I realize the Overton window has shifted exponentially in the last couple of years, but, no.
It's accurate. Not wanting to believe a source is different from that source being biased. When you pick your tribe over your country, you tend to lose focus on that fact.
Preach
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 05:54 PM   #904
ASAP
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Cheapest M Car

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I've already said... as long as its not the American Airlines variant... because we're done at that point.
I couldn't agree more with a single post in this thread. I've some STRONG feelings about that horrendous business
Lol man, in all perfect honesty... all airlines suck ass today.

Before the pandemic, when I said airline travel is literally at an all time shit low and can't get worse, I was very sure it couldn't get worse... I was wrong lol.

I literally refuse to go places these days just based on how bad flying is.
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2021, 05:57 PM   #905
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've already said... as long as its not the American Airlines variant... because we're done at that point.
I couldn't agree more with a single post in this thread. I've some STRONG feelings about that horrendous business
Lol man, in all perfect honesty... all airlines suck ass today.

Before the pandemic, when I said airline travel is literally at an all time shit low and can't get worse, I was very sure it couldn't get worse... I was wrong lol.

I literally refuse to go places these days just based on how bad flying is.
I had to fly to Arkansas for work this week. My flight home was delayed, cancelled, resumed, delayed and eventually held connecting flight on tarmac. While I was waiting I cruised by another airlines terminal.. that flight had been ultimately cancelled and the full gate was in an uproar. You aren't wrong at all. No one seem to be doing it right.
Appreciate 1
ASAP4452.50
      07-31-2021, 06:01 PM   #906
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Quote:
FYI in order to get people to click, it's a good idea to give them an idea of what they are clicking on. I despise clicking blindly, and I despise links to videos.
It's an AP article and according to Captain Blood, it's the TRUTH. DO NOT DISPUTE IT OR QUESTION ITS AUTHENTICITY

https://apnews.com/article/science-health-coronavirus-pandemic-d9504519a8ae081f785ca012b5ef84d1

"People with breakthrough infections make up an increasing portion of hospitalizations and in-hospital deaths among COVID-19 patients, coinciding with the spread of the delta variant, according to the leaked documents."
Appreciate 2
sspade1094.00
I3LaZeN73.00
      07-31-2021, 06:03 PM   #907
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR930 View Post
Quote:
Thanks for asking.
For myself, I prefer publications that are not intent on telling me what I want to hear. I like factual news. Unbiased.
What do I read every day?
The Hill
AP
Reuters
BBC
Local
2 aggregates that carry right and left leaning sources (msnbc, fox, etc)

Remember: you asked.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/zero-hedge/

Analysis / Bias

A quote from the above New Yorker article summarizes the blog's political stance, which Lokey told Bloomberg is: "Russia=good. Obama=idiot. Bashar al-Assad=benevolent leader. John Kerry= dunce. Vladimir Putin=greatest leader in the history of statecraft."

Failed Fact Checks

Says China "stole Coronavirus from Canada and weaponized it into a Bioweapon." – False
Craigslist ad proof counterprotesters at a white nationalist rally "paid to make chaos"? – False
It's now against the law in California to shower and do laundry on the same day. – Mostly False
A "newly uncovered" photograph reveals Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was crying over an empty parking lot, not detained migrant children, at a protest in Texas. – False
"The Ukrainian government just indicted the Burisma gas company & named Hunter Biden for accepting millions of dollars from a slush fund." – False
During the last hundred years the temperature increased about 0.1°C because of carbon dioxide. The human contribution was 0.01°C. – Incorrect
New Study Confirms EVs Considerably Worse For Climate Than Diesel Cars – Inaccurate
This coronavirus genome contained sequences of another virus […] the HIV virus (AIDS virus) – Inaccurate
Coronavirus contains 'HIV insertions' – Inaccurate
Fabricated genetic sequences used to support the hypothesis the virus arose naturally – False
Overall, we rate ZeroHedge an extreme right-biased conspiracy website based on the promotion of false/misleading/debunked information that routinely denigrates the left. (8/18/2016)
Lol. You can choose to believe whatever you want, especially since you have already determined what is "truth" before it is submitted to you.

Your truth is no more the truth than anyone else. That is the only truth. Unless of course you observe it first hand.
You've got your alternate truth, right?
minn1910159.00
      07-31-2021, 06:09 PM   #908
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Quote:
Absolutely. Or, a working truth. I'm open to anything really, but the recent flip flop from the CDC doesn't really inspire confidence they know what is actually going to happen with Covid and/or the Vaccines.

Perhaps the truth "evolves" to my understanding of things someday.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 06:28 PM   #909
nawfoo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Being unvaccinated is like driving without a seatbelt on. Can you drive home safely from the store? Probably, but how long can you keep on doing that before you get into a accident? What if you hit someone else on the road?
minn1910159.00
      07-31-2021, 07:05 PM   #910
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Absolutely. Or, a working truth. I'm open to anything really, but the recent flip flop from the CDC doesn't really inspire confidence they know what is actually going to happen with Covid and/or the Vaccines.

The great thing about the truth, is it can evolve. But, if you're wanting a certain truth, the truth will not evolve.

Are you for firing Dr. Fauci?
      07-31-2021, 09:05 PM   #911
Cyn-BMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM E92 LCI

I got so sick from both Morerna shots, that I almost had to go to ER, both times. For now on, I’ll take my chances with Covid. Almost forgot, both times my arm felt like I got run into by a M2 Competition.
Appreciate 2
sspade1094.00
I3LaZeN73.00
      07-31-2021, 09:43 PM   #912
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn-BMW View Post
I got so sick from both Morerna shots, that I almost had to go to ER, both times. For now on, I'll take my chances with Covid. Almost forgot, both times my arm felt like I got run into by a M2 Competition.
Moderna. And the M2 competition is 3600 pounds. Lightweight.
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 09:55 PM   #913
TiMSport
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Sounds like he must've gotten some knock-off Chinese vaccine. LOL.
      07-31-2021, 10:27 PM   #914
premier3is
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Yep. It has torn our country in half as a result. I've made note of this on occasion but that's why I miss the days before social media became prevalent.
Glad I'm not the only one who misses the days before social media.
Appreciate 9
TiMSport8769.50
ASAP4452.50
sspade1094.00
Littlebear3436.50
minn1910159.00
Dpc2u6101.50
      07-31-2021, 10:39 PM   #915
whitef31
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d F31

I got both Moderna shots early this spring and had no issues with either. Just a bit of soreness at the injection site for a day or so.
Appreciate 2
      08-01-2021, 12:40 AM   #916
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Yep. It has torn our country in half as a result. I've made note of this on occasion but that's why I miss the days before social media became prevalent.
Yes, I also miss the times before social media. Other than LinkedIn, got me current job, no other "mainstream" social media.
People fighting/divided to almost a cult following over simple things such as a mask, getting shots…. Like, actually causing physical harm to each other due to altercations in stores, in front of children, losing jobs or going to jail with it all being recorded on a phone and shared around the world in seconds.
Yeeesh! No thanks!
Some extended family members CALL MY PHONE to ask me to get on Facebook, because they haven't heard from me in a long time………. Let that sink in for a moment.

"Why do you seldom attend family gatherings and duck away when we take photos?" I
Prefer not to have my photos posted online. "I promise I won't". Me. :bs:
Appreciate 3
premier3is1434.00
Dpc2u6101.50
      08-01-2021, 12:57 AM   #917
I3LaZeN
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-07-...preaders.html#
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 01:58 AM   #918
premier3is
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGoGoMoto View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I also miss the times before social media. Other than LinkedIn, got me current job, no other "mainstream" social media.
People fighting/divided to almost a cult following over simple things such as a mask, getting shots…. Like, actually causing physical harm to each other due to altercations in stores, in front of children, losing jobs or going to jail with it all being recorded on a phone and shared around the world in seconds.
Yeeesh! No thanks!
Some extended family members CALL MY PHONE to ask me to get on Facebook, because they haven't heard from me in a long time………. Let that sink in for a moment.

"Why do you seldom attend family gatherings and duck away when we take photos?" I
Prefer not to have my photos posted online. "I promise I won't". Me. :bs:
As I always tell people, if you're close to me you have my number and we probably keep in touch anyways… if you're not, then what does it matter what I do?

Some people live for followers and likes on social media platforms and I just don't see the deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 05:35 AM   #919
Littlebear
Janitor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

Quote:

Rigidity doesn't inspire confidence. Being willing to change as circumstance & the knowledge base change is only good.

Last edited by Littlebear; 08-01-2021 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2021, 05:37 AM   #920
Littlebear
Janitor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn-BMW View Post
I got so sick from both Morerna shots, that I almost had to go to ER, both times. For now on, Iíll take my chances with Covid. Almost forgot, both times my arm felt like I got run into by a M2 Competition.
Gd only knows what a good dose of covid would have done to you!
Appreciate 1
minn1910159.00
      08-01-2021, 07:47 AM   #921
ASAP
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Moderna. And the M2 competition is 3600 pounds. Lightweight.
"lightweight" by BMW standards lol...

A Lexus Gs350 weights 3790 lbs, think about that.
Appreciate 2
minn1910159.00
      08-01-2021, 07:56 AM   #922
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
He breathes organic air as well.
Dang right!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 08:23 AM   #923
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3LaZeN View Post
Have you read the crap this website puts out? If I were you, I would be VERY embarrassed to post anything from there.

https://www.naturalnews.com/index.html#

"Natural News (formerly NewsTarget, which is now a separate sister site) is a far-right, anti-vaccination conspiracy theory and fake news website known for promoting alternative medicine, pseudoscience, and far-right extremism"

"The website sells various dietary supplements, promotes alternative medicine and climate change denial, makes tendentious nutrition and health claims, disseminates fake news, and espouses various conspiracy theories and pro-Donald Trump propaganda. These conspiracy theories include chemophobic claims about the purported dangers of "chemtrails", fluoridated drinking water, anti-perspirants, laundry detergent, monosodium glutamate, aspartame, and vaccines."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_News?wprov=sfti1
flybigjet3305.50
minn1910159.00
      08-01-2021, 08:27 AM   #924
ASAP
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
As I always tell people, if you're close to me you have my number and we probably keep in touch anyways… if you're not, then what does it matter what I do?

Some people live for followers and likes on social media platforms and I just don't see the deal.
I like to call Instagram... mutual masturbation...

People live for the likes, put nonsense up that no one cares about, share private stuff only to get a reaction... its all for the likes. It needs to stop and quick... people have a very alternate view of reality these days.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread